Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
perk said:
I was told that the letter that you are getting will have a CIC officers name on it. You should fax the information to vegarville attention this officer.
And also send it Fed-Ex, I was told they respond much quicker this way. I haven't done this but I was told that this is the way to go.
Thanks Perk, I will do that as soon as i get the letter and find out what they want.
It's just annoying that it took them this long to look for more information

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Hello everyone,

I received this letter from CIC Montreal today and says that my landing interview is on May 2.
They also asked to bring "proof of unertaking issued by MICC", does anyone know which one is it? I just want to make sure. Please let me know. Thank you very much!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Brooke.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
irishred said:
I just called CIC
They told me a letter was sent yesterday requesting more information but he couldnt tell me what they requested
................this will delay my application by up to 3 months
So frustrated right now
Don't know what information they could want ???
Do not worry! There is not one application that is the same... I am from 2010 and my boyfriend just got AIP 1 month ago after 15 months waiting, they requested more info from us in january... They have not transfered you file so cheer up. By the way we were requested more proof of cohabitation, we filed under common law. No worries your turn will come just stop comparing yourself with other there is not 2 files that are the same !!

shikon_86

Apr 25, 2012
Hey there,
I am new here, and learned quite a bit from here. My fiance and I applied for my residence last january, here is the list of updates that I have from online status site

We received your application for permanent residence on January 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 2, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on April 19, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

They sent me a letter of AIP and requesting police clearance from my home country and renewal passport copy, which I sent on March 23rd, and they received on March 26th,2012. But ecas saying april 19th,2012.

I just dont get the part why it says decision made if they were waiting on PC and my renewal passport.

any body has any idea how long it might take from now on ?

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
shikon_86 said:
Hey there,
I am new here, and learned quite a bit from here. My fiance and I applied for my residence last january, here is the list of updates that I have from online status site

We received your application for permanent residence on January 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 2, 2011.

We received the requested information on April 19, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

They sent me a letter of AIP and requesting police clearance from my home country and renewal passport copy, which I sent on March 23rd, and they received on March 26th,2012. But ecas saying april 19th,2012.

I just dont get the part why it says decision made if they were waiting on PC and my renewal passport.

any body has any idea how long it might take from now on ?

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks
I think it means that they envelope that you sent with the police certificates etc arrived at CIC on March 26. BUT they opened the envelope / attach the information to your file only on April 19 - that's why it says April 19 on E-cas.

"A decision has been made and you will be contacted" seems to be the standard phrase on E-CAS to say that you have got AIP (Approval in Principle, or 1st stage approval).

Now that they received your police certificates, they can process the background checks etc which is part of the "stage 2" approval. Another line will be added to your E-cas when they finish that, which will look like: "A decision has been made and we have sent you a letter on date X about the decision on your application....".

You can try and call them to check, as the E-cas might take awhile to update.

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
shikon_86 said:
awesome, thanks !
hope the background check doesnt take too long !
The average time between AIP (stage1) and final Decision Made (stage 2) of the people on this forum is 6 days. Of course, every case is different, but I'm just thinking that you said that CIC attached your police certificates on 19 April. So today it's exactely 6 days since then, who knows, don't want to give you false expectations, but they might have finished the security checks by now. If I were you, I'd call them and ask.

shikon_86

Apr 25, 2012
first thing to do tomorrow morning, but so far all they could tell me is ' processing time is 8months for 2nd stage, so wait for another x months'
thats so unhelpful, i already know that lol

thanks for the info !!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I just got a call from CIC
The lady I spoke to asked me to ignore the letter that was sent yesterday, it was an error. It was requesting some information that they already received. She apologised for the mistake.
I have AIP, as of this morning..................yay
Soooooo Happy right now :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
irishred said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I just got a call from CIC
The lady I spoke to asked me to ignore the letter that was sent yesterday, it was an error. It was requesting some information that they already received. She apologised for the mistake.
I have AIP, as of this morning..................yay
Soooooo Happy right now :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Holy Smokes if we don't have enough stress already! Congrats.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
perk said:
Holy Smokes if we don't have enough stress already! Congrats.
Thanks Perk :D
I know. Didn't know wheather to laugh or cry......so i did both ;)

June2011

Feb 20, 2012
Good News for me Today!! I'm so happy, and thank you for this Forum.

We received your application for permanent residence on June 03, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 15, 2011.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
brookechung said:
Hello everyone,

I received this letter from CIC Montreal today and says that my landing interview is on May 2.
They also asked to bring "proof of unertaking issued by MICC", does anyone know which one is it? I just want to make sure. Please let me know. Thank you very much!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Brooke.
Hi... remember when CIC sent to you or wife (sponsor) a letter asking you to complete a form for MICC, well MICC must have issued the CSQ and returned the Undertaking form completed by the sponsor with their stamp.... those papers... bring them with you... is just a formality...

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
So called CIC yesterday and they said they are not sure why AIP/DM letter is taking so long because it was in fact sent out on March 19th. So they will send another one just in case, which will take another 3-5 weeks. So frustrating.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I joined the inalnd forum just this 2012. Does anyone know what day of the week did CIC update the website for processing times in 2011 and 2010? Because from Feb 2012 to March 2012, CIC did an update every Wednesday. Then became every Thursday. One more question. Did the processing times get updated in 2011 and 2010 on a weekly basis, or were they the same as now wherein dates get stuck to April 30, 2011 and don't move at all for several weeks?

I encourage everyone (newbies, irregulars, regulars and full time forum users) to give me your timelines (AOR, started processing dates, AIP, DM and PR landing dates) so I can include you in the chart. More data will translate into better trending/assessment on what dates CIC is actually processing out there. So we will be able to accurately determine if our application is at par with applicants of the same "received" date, or if it was missed out, ignored or what. Makes sense.

Good luck everyone.