+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hatrang said:
This is interesting question. I applied more than 200 companies and 10 of them interviewed me. However, all of them kicked me out when they knew they had to give me LMO ;D
Hi Hatrang. Same with me. I applied for jobs last year. Unfortunately, all these companies were not willing to sponsor me for work permit or an LMO. That's why it feels so so so frustrating. That's why starting January 2012, whenever I get calls from recruitment companies, I immediately tell them that I will be needing sponsorship for work permit. In that way, they will know right away and they won't waste their time (and my time) too in terms of scheduling live interviews and stuff.:)

Having no OWP is really a big constraint. Sometimes, I feel some regrets for filing an inland application. Because outland is definitely faster than inland. From my country of origin, most spouse sponsorships were processed and landed already in a span of 3-4 months only. I have a former neighbor that got sponsored last Dec 2011 (outland), and now, last Easter Sunday (April 2012), she called me up and said that she is already in Canada. OMG, how fast hers turned out.

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Horselover said:
That was yesterday already - I had called them after I saw the update and they told me they sent me a letter with the OWP last Friday, April 13th....

So heads up :)
Congrats! And thank you for keeping us posted. The wait it's getting agonizing, it was a lot easier to endure while we were seeing all those big jumps. For how long has it been stuck on April 30th now? 4 weeks? That seems like it's worse than it was around Christmas.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Yeah, later on I even put directly into my cover letter that I need a sponsorship. You know what? When I put like that, it meant I told the recruiters to throw my resume into the trash bin next to him/her too ;D. Sometimes we are just so frustrated but recruiters won't care, they have a lot of people in the queue. Anyway, that's the game we all are in now. You're close Johanna, you'll be there very soon!!!!! I also knew a case of outland that took 6 months sharp, however, we picked our way and be positive on it. I know you are positive too, you'll be there soon. ;)

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
Any news for June Applicant? It seem like CIC stop working for inland application? What Happen to CIC? Just stop at Application received on MAY 24.......Pls PLS PLS...moving moving

micanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 21 2011
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
AOR Received.
feb 7 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9 2015
Med's Request
Feb 2015(dependant)
Med's Done....
nov 2011/ march 2014
Interview........
Oct 21 2015
Passport Req..
July 22 2014(dependant)
VISA ISSUED...
Dependant??
LANDED..........
oct 21 2015
hi joana i know its so frustrating to wait and look for the job esp when the employer found out that they have to process the lmo. i was just lucky that i found an employer that is willing to give an open lmo but the thing is theres no gurantee that i will get a work permit from the immigration :( i wish immigration will issue an open work permit before the first stage of approval so that everyone who applied inland can work anywhere.

johanna125 said:
Hi Hatrang. Same with me. I applied for jobs last year. Unfortunately, all these companies were not willing to sponsor me for work permit or an LMO. That's why it feels so so so frustrating. That's why starting January 2012, whenever I get calls from recruitment companies, I immediately tell them that I will be needing sponsorship for work permit. In that way, they will know right away and they won't waste their time (and my time) too in terms of scheduling live interviews and stuff.:)

Having no OWP is really a big constraint. Sometimes, I feel some regrets for filing an inland application. Because outland is definitely faster than inland. From my country of origin, most spouse sponsorships were processed and landed already in a span of 3-4 months only. I have a former neighbor that got sponsored last Dec 2011 (outland), and now, last Easter Sunday (April 2012), she called me up and said that she is already in Canada. OMG, how fast hers turned out.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
what's going on with CIC? last update April 2, 2012? They were in April 10th and warped back in time to update the page? lol They are still processing April 30th but the update date just show how careful they are while updating!! hehe

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Ahhhhhhhhhh
They just updated...........April 18th................processing April 30th.....................still
How long more do we have to wait :mad:

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
I just called the call centre, and a nice lady told me that my application was still in process... no DM yet. :( She said since my app was received May 30, and they're only working on April 30, I should give it another month!!!!! :eek:

So much for the 11 month waiting period...

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
grcan said:
I just called the call centre, and a nice lady told me that my application was still in process... no DM yet. :( She said since my app was received May 30, and they're only working on April 30, I should give it another month!!!!! :eek:

So much for the 11 month waiting period...
I know, it's crazy.

Ananai

Apr 13, 2012
register here joining this group
Applied for my spouse on Oct,10th 2011 and we are still waiting :-\

11 months (initial assessment)
(working on applications received on April 30, 2011)

:eek:

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
a month that they don't have a jump! It's really really frustrating!!! Hopefully next week we will see some change... What are they doing over there?? oh nooooooooo :'(

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
Hey everyone so finally got our letters.. Aip and dm dated both on april 12. And can't believe this but we already hvaing landing interview for this tuesday april 24! It took just one week! Insane! Everyone hang in theree ur time will come!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Dee_Dee123 said:
Hey everyone so finally got our letters.. Aip and dm dated both on april 12. And can't believe this but we already hvaing landing interview for this tuesday april 24! It took just one week! Insane! Everyone hang in theree ur time will come!
That's great. Congrats !!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dee_Dee123 said:
Big congrats for you and Good luck!!