May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Tips for SIN card

Eventhough, we are getting PR in April 10th, we have decided to use the OWP to obtain a temporary SIN card, so I could report my husband in my Tax Return, doing so, will allow me to get tax deductions, because he is a dependant (not working)... The officer at the Services Canada, told my husband once he get officially PR, his will have come back and return his card, and he will get a new number but I want to send my taxes now :)

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys..won't you mind to pls update our chart today?cause i feel like i'm getting nearer already!!!hoping to soon...:)thank you guys and goodluck to all of us!!!

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Congrats to all who got good news this week
i just looked at the chart and theres only a few in front of me
Excited and nervous at the same time ???

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
Congratulations to everybody who got AIP, DM, OWP, DM again and PR CARD :)

Travel Tips
Today, we just got confirmation from the Canada Consulate in a country that is not USA, that we can get Travel Documents to re-enter Canada without PR Card.. we need to provide the following:
Please be advised that permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada require a Permanent Residence Travel Document (PRTD) to re-enter Canada if their permanent resident card is lost, stolen, expired or if they are in the process of obtaining a Permanent Residence card.
Applications for travel document must be submitted in person at the Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada.
To apply for a PRTD you must submit:
xx Document Checklist [IMM 5627] (PDF, 121 KB)
xx Application for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) [IMM 5524] (PDF, 167 KB
xx Two Visa photos.
xx Updated passport.
xx Fee payment: $ 50.00 CAD.
(Attached to this email you will find the application package)
Please note, this office processes travel documents the same day, however this is average processing times only. Some applications take longer to process for various reasons. For example, the following factors could delay the processing of your application:
ü incomplete applications;
ü interview required;
ü verification of documents needed; or
ü Other factors that complicate your case.
Applications are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
For more information please check Web site below:
It is not necessary to book up an appointment to apply for a PRTD.
Please Hours of Operation below:
ü Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am a 5:00 pm.
ü Friday from 8:30 am a 2:00 pm.
We are closed for lunch from 12:00 m to 1:30 pm

SO... WE ARE GOING ON VACATION BEFORE GETTING OUR PR CARD. this travel document is not to re-enter Canada because we are in the system, but is for the Airline who needs to have valid travel document to let us enter Canada. hope this help you guys
Nice tip canadiancitizen, sadly my country's embassy processes travel documents at least 5 days:( wonder why it takes that long

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
irishred said:
Congrats to all who got good news this week
i just looked at the chart and theres only a few in front of me
Excited and nervous at the same time ???
I wanted you to get yours this week. But it looks like only two so far.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
perk said:
I wanted you to get yours this week. But it looks like only two so far.
I would love to have got it too :)
Another week of waiting and wondering and doubting our application etc.
Wish I had found this site BEFORE I filed our application :)

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
irishred said:
I would love to have got it too :)
Another week of waiting and wondering and doubting our application etc.
Wish I had found this site BEFORE I filed our application :)
You never know maybe some will come late this week. But I do suspect spring break might be a factor.

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
perk said:
You never know maybe some will come late this week. But I do suspect spring break might be a factor.
Would be great if it did but not banking on it
Just hoping that I hear something next week
Would be nice to see a big jump tomorrow, if there is one !!

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
lyrical said:
Hey our timeline is so alike.
1) I ve got the letter from CIC Montreal Today dated on March 23 2012. They did not schedule a date for landing yet; however, they sent me a form to verify my information, send payment for Residency Right Fee or whatever, and to re-send two PR pictures. they say after they receive these documents, they will schedule the landing interview. so I sent them all the information today. I believe it took exactly 9 days for them to contact me. very fast in my opinion.

2) According to CIC . Your PR should take about 35 Business days after the landing interview.

3/4) I got the same questions, and what I found out its that if your using a commercial flight to come back they will request you the PR Card to get on board, or a travel document which is adquired at the country your visiting and takes about 3-5 days. The Confirmation of PR that they gave you on the landing day wont not valid for travel by air. But, some people have been able to come back by crossing the canada/us border with that document . I have personally decided to wait until I got my card so I can book my vacations.

If you are from a country who does not require visa, I dont think you have to wait for PR Card but im not sure on that.

Good luck :)
Thanks for your reply!!

I got the letter from CIC mtl today to pay the right of permenant residence fee. I paid the fee online and send the requested documents with photos to their office personally (coz I do not trust Post Canada too much). But I am very nervous that I might do something wrong on the document >< and thing will be delayed or something. Anyways, am really nervous!!

I do not need a VISA to come into Canada and yeah, I read that I shall be able to come in without PR card but still want to make sure tho. Hope it's true that I do not need it. But for now, I just hope that the landing interview appointment will be scheduled smoothly and then, I could be approved on my PR status. Fingers crossed!!

I wonder if they will issue me PR card when I have my landing interview because they requested the photos first. I really hope that I will have the PR card very soon so that I could finally go home. :)

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Does anyone finish the landing interview and get the PR card from CIC Montreal already??
I wonder how long it might take for CIC in Montreal to issue PR card, I know it says 34days after landing interview but maybe someone get the PR card earlier or longer than that. Just want to know the timeline to compare. Thanks in advanced!!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
TO CHART UPDATERS.

The chart presention is confusing. please instead of making the name in alphabetical order, you should have made the aplication received dates in oder so the dates follow each other like in previous chart that misha alone was working on.

When we open the chart, we all want to go by the date the app was received and not the user name.

Thanks

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qw123 said:
TO CHART UPDATERS.

The chart presention is confusing. please instead of making the name in alphabetical order, you should have made the aplication received dates in oder so the dates follow each other like in previous chart that misha alone was working on.

When we open the chart, we all want to go by the date the app was received and not the user name.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. When you opened the file, I am currently updating it. The way I do it, I usually sort the names alphabetically so it will be easy to input new information such as dates. Then after making all changes, I sort it back in chronological order according to dates, then save, then upload. After all changes are effected, file is ready for viewing. Thanks.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys, I noticed on the chart that a lot of people have not mentioned there landing office. Can everyone just take a quick look at the chart and let johana or missha know which office you are landing in?

We got dm 20 days ago and still no landing letter. Who else is also waiting on a landing letter from Scarborough?

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
did cic updated you e-cas?mine still says in process!!did you get the letter and your OWP?
Nope, not yet! But I was told that the website would take a few days and the letter wouldn't get to us until next week. ::)