Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Hi everyone - first of all CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has been getting AIP and PR!! I have followed this thread for a while and am happy to see everyone is getting their approvals relatively quickly!

Can you please add my husband and me to the chart? Our information is as follows:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 27, 2011.

We have a long time before processing started because they LOST our application originally and we had to resend copies :eek: - it's been a frustrating process :( However it seems like we are close to the final leg of the race....fingers crossed! :-\

I have a few questions and am hoping someone can help:

1) We never received an acknowledgment letter - is that normal?
2) I am the sponsor and the application for my husbands PR does not show up on my ecas but it does show on his - is that normal?

Thanks in advance! :)

Dorina

Apr 5, 2011
Montreal,Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/31/2011
Interview........
March 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 21, 2012 :)
angtao said:
Guys, once again don't forget to tell us which office you are landing in and also the dates on the top of the page when you get the letters in the mail.

Dorina, congrats. Which office did u land in
Hey Angtao,

Thank you very much :). I landed in Montreal. And the date is March 21, 2012.
Missha, I will most certainly let you know when I receive my PR :).
Has anyone heard from Wery and HeyHey1? I wonder if they had their landing interviews yet.

PRwaiting

Mar 19, 2012
SL1980 said:
Did you call them?
I called and I figured out that they need my marriage proof since I am married during I am waiting for my PR, so
I just sent them notice letter not include the certificate, so the agent said they sent a letter last sundaqy on the 18th of march to ask
the copy of marriage certificate, so I already ordered for that from ontario service, and I got it today ealier than their request letter arrives,
I guess the city where you apply matters too? for processing time??? since I did not see many people from Toronto sent applications!!
I hope after they got this certificate, says so shortly for AIP and DM!!!!

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
We never got an acknowledgment letter as well. I have a question. I have seen many sponsors here who have a client I'd number and access to ECAS. I have called twice to CIC asking for my I'd but when I give my name and info they say they can't find me and that they only create client ids for sponsors near the end when they are actually going through the application. She asked if I was born in canada and I said yes, and she says that's the reason. I find this a little weird because the sponsors who I've seen have client IDs they are canadians as well. By the way our app was received May 31 2011 so they must be looking at our app or starting to already so this answer from CIC confuses me. Does anyone know if this is true or in a similar situation? Thankssss!

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Dee_Dee123 said:
We never got an acknowledgment letter as well. I have a question. I have seen many sponsors here who have a client I'd number and access to ECAS. I have called twice to CIC asking for my I'd but when I give my name and info they say they can't find me and that they only create client ids for sponsors near the end when they are actually going through the application. She asked if I was born in canada and I said yes, and she says that's the reason. I find this a little weird because the sponsors who I've seen have client IDs they are canadians as well. By the way our app was received May 31 2011 so they must be looking at our app or starting to already so this answer from CIC confuses me. Does anyone know if this is true or in a similar situation? Thankssss!
If you are the sponsor and a canadian citizen you may not have a client ID but your spouse should! I would give your spouces details when asking for an ID next time you call them - they should be able to give you one.

I am the sponsor and do have a client ID but I wasnt born in Canada.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
PRwaiting said:
I called and I figured out that they need my marriage proof since I am married during I am waiting for my PR, so
I just sent them notice letter not include the certificate, so the agent said they sent a letter last sundaqy on the 18th of march to ask
the copy of marriage certificate, so I already ordered for that from ontario service, and I got it today ealier than their request letter arrives,
I guess the city where you apply matters too? for processing time??? since I did not see many people from Toronto sent applications!!
I hope after they got this certificate, says so shortly for AIP and DM!!!!
Hi,

For the processing time, the city you are applying from does not matters. So you are good then now, since you have already sent them the certificate. :) Will be quicker than you think...

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
Dee_Dee123 said:
My first stage has been approved, but still my husband does not have an ID. When I called them day before yesterday they said everything is in my file. He called them too, they couldn't find anything from his citizenship number.

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
Thanks for the reply! My husband does have a client ID but since I've seen sponsors with IDs too, I wondered if I was supposed to have one. Thanks! Hope to hear some news soon!

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Dee_Dee123 said:
Thanks for the reply! My husband does have a client ID but since I've seen sponsors with IDs too, I wondered if I was supposed to have one. Thanks! Hope to hear some news soon!
Hello, I am the sponsor and canadian born citizen and I indeed got a client ID.
We both have ours and can log on ecas website since feb 2012.
We filed our application on dec 2nd so maybe it has something to do with when the application was sent, if they changed the way files are handled.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
vinlander said:
Hello, I am the sponsor and canadian born citizen and I indeed got a client ID.
We both have ours and can log on ecas website since feb 2012.
We filed our application on dec 2nd so maybe it has something to do with when the application was sent, if they changed the way files are handled.
hello,

Good morning.. how did you get the client ID? did they send a letter or something?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
SL1980 said:
hello,

Good morning.. how did you get the client ID? did they send a letter or something?
I got an email at the same address I used for paying the fees (same as the one in the file too).
We received a real letter at our address for my sponsored wife with her client ID.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
vinlander said:
I got an email at the same address I used for paying the fees (same as the one in the file too).
We received a real letter at our address for my sponsored wife with her client ID.
Oh ok. Thanks. I received my client ID when I extended my visa here. But not my husband. thanks again.

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
Does any other sponsor not have a client ID like me? Its so weird.. We should be getting a decision perhaps in a weeks time and I still don't have one on their file.. Thanks for the input!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Dee_Dee123 said:
Does any other sponsor not have a client ID like me? Its so weird.. We should be getting a decision perhaps in a weeks time and I still don't have one on their file.. Thanks for the input!
Hi DeeDee, you need to call them and ask them for your ID number, and they should give you one... ok

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
Hi Dee-Dee, i just wanted to tell you that i am the sponsor and i didnt get an ID number until we got AIP, they sent a letter saying i was eligible to sponsor and that letter had the client ID for me, different from my husband's, he had his long time ago... so i think dont worry! you will eventually get it