Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
sarakhans said:
Ok inland applicants from pakistan..

Did it take you long to get a police certificate... Seems to be taking forever for me! Wondering if I should send the application now and send the certificate later.. ?

And what about Nika certificate... Can I send the English Nika certificate ?

Please reply.
Yes you could do that FOR SURE.

Let do the math here. For example, if it may take another 2-3 months to get police certificate. If you send you application now. They will take a month to get you into processing and to get you client ID number. Then its 11-12 months wait time. After 3 month from the date you send your application to CIC, lets assume, you get your police certificate from Pakistan. Then, you send right away your police certificate and lets say it will take another 3-4 months to get it attach to your file.

So, after 6-7 months from the time you send your application, it will be attached to your file. It will fall within the time frame of 11-12 months even if time frame reduces. They will still be able to update you.

Hope that helps. Dont wait as they assess the security checks in the second stage anways but I am sure you will be able to get it attached before they assess you for first stage.

Hope that helps.

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
angtao said:
Tomorrow, hubby and I r going to a service Ontario office and we are going to apply for Ohio and his sin number. What else do we need to bring besides ID and the letters?
If you also got DM around the same time, it might be wise to wait till landing to apply for a SIN number (if you can wait a few more weeks)

yumamy

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2-2011
Hi everybody,

We are so excited... They are working on april 30th applications...
I hope, May applicants will start to get update from CIC in next week...!

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
Hi, I have a question, would be grateful for any advice:

My application was received on October 12th, 2011, and according to the current processing speed, I calculated (and someone else from here as well) that they should assess my 1st stage in June.

I've just received a Police certificate from a country where I lived before, and I want to send it to CPC tomorrow. I am wondering though if it will be attached to my application before June, when they are supposed to assess my 1st stage, because if it's attached before then, they will hopefully process both stages at once.

My question is: do you think I should write on the envelope something like "Time sensitive - I would be grateful if you could attach to my application within 1 month, before my 1st stage is assessed". Or, I'd better not say anything. I'm thinking that everybody wants the supplementary information they send to be attached as soon as possible, so if I write "time sensitive" on the envelope, this might annoy them.

Thank you for any input :)

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
send it asap. Write time sensitive. Letter will not annoy them. Dont mention attach for first stage. Let it on visa officer discretion. Hope that helps. Also mention ur name, client id and dob. Also after sending, u can call them and check bring forward date of additional docs sent.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
YUPPY!!! MAY IS HERE!!!

So this is AIP right? Great news for a none morning person like ME...hubby very extremely happy!

We received YZX's application for permanent residence on May 10, 2011.

We started processing YZX''s application on May 24, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and YZX will be contacted.

We sent YZX a letter on March 17, 2012 to xXx, Canada, about the decision on the application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
canadiancitizen said:
YUPPY!!! MAY IS HERE!!!

So this is AIP right? Great news for a none morning person like ME...hubby very extremely happy!

We received YZX's application for permanent residence on May 10, 2011.

We started processing YZX''s application on May 24, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and YZX will be contacted.

We sent YZX a letter on March 17, 2012 to xXx, Canada, about the decision on the application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Hey this is great news congratulations.

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me what does this means?

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 11, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Thanks

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
SL1980 said:
Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me what does this means?

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on May 11, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Thanks
Congratulations SL, to me is AIP... I got AIP this morning as well, but mine says Medical have been received... hum... honestly, I was so knowlodgable before but now that Im involved... I feel totally ignorant.. Misha must know...

SL1980

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2011
canadiancitizen said:
Congratulations SL, to me is AIP... I got AIP this morning as well, but mine says Medical have been received... hum... honestly, I was so knowlodgable before but now that Im involved... I feel totally ignorant.. Misha must know...
Thanks. Congratulations to you too. I just called CIC. They have got my medicals. And the letters been mailed on 17th March. :D

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
Congratulations Guys ;D ;D

adrian_calgary

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 12 2011
missha said:
send it asap. Write time sensitive. Letter will not annoy them. Dont mention attach for first stage. Let it on visa officer discretion. Hope that helps. Also mention ur name, client id and dob. Also after sending, u can call them and check bring forward date of additional docs sent.
Thank you Missha, I'll do that.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
In my Ecas, Im the sponsor... both links show Decision Made that this means both stages are done ?

BobDo

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19-03-2012
So I got my PR status today..

Interview was in Barrie. Walked into office. Was met by a pleasent woman she asked for Passport, Photographs, Sponsors ID and then $490 dollars.

After finishing paying and getting receipt for payment. We were both called into room. Another very pleasent woman introduced herself and then went thru a print out and got me to verify all the information was correct (Few adjustments had to be made passport No. had changed, and a typo error). Once the new printout was checked she got me to sign, she stamped passport and said congratulations your a Permanent Resident of Canada.

Copy of the paperwork(Confirmation of Permanent Residence) was given to me (The copy you are given you must keep even when you get your PR card. That paper is required when you apply for a pension. So keep it safe.) . Then she talked to us about what you can and cannot do as a PR.

After that we went to the first counter outside and got my SIN number.
It all took less then 35mins.

So for all those that are stressing about the Landing Interview its nothing to worry about.

Funny thing I wore a shirt & tie. 3 other couples doing the same thing were just in jeans t-shirts, shorts & t-shirts.

What have other people worn to the Landing Interview ? Its a question I never asked here.

Around 20 ppl are landing today at Barrie office.

Bob

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Yipeee! Just got in from our interview and we got approved for AIP!! Just waiting on 2 letters by the end of the week..and hopefully second stage soon. When ur relationship is legit..there is really nothing to worry about. We are sooo happy!