+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello guys I have a question I will have an interview this monday, and CIC sent me a form to fill it up ,this form was missing, it is GENERIC APLICATION FORM FOR CANADA, my question is only my information or I have to write information about my wife also?? Anybody knows??

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
Guys, we got DM on March 4 and still have not recived not even one letter yet. Does anyone find these odd? I have been in touch with my immigration consultant and nothing has come on his end either. He said he is going to let me know as soon as he gets them.

Gemauru, we had one day difference on the chart and you guys landed already. I still have not received anything yet.

What should I do?
Hey Angtao!! We are in the same situation!!!! We got DM March 3rd and still no letter... :S We only got one letter dating Feb 19th saygint that our application is compete and our local office will contact us... wondering whats up... What office are you landing in?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey canadagirl,

My husband is going to be landing at the Scarborough office. How about u?

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
ontario6791 said:
Hello guys I have a question I will have an interview this monday, and CIC sent me a form to fill it up ,this form was missing, it is GENERIC APLICATION FORM FOR CANADA, my question is only my information or I have to write information about my wife also?? Anybody knows??
Generic form, you fill whatever they ask. In that form, "you" in the form indicates the main applicant. I saw they asked your marital status in the form too, that means you also have to give your spouse info. Here is the form you need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:
Guys, we got DM on March 4 and still have not recived not even one letter yet. Does anyone find these odd? I have been in touch with my immigration consultant and nothing has come on his end either. He said he is going to let me know as soon as he gets them.

Gemauru, we had one day difference on the chart and you guys landed already. I still have not received anything yet.

What should I do?

OMG... I should go thru all my posts to remember when I got a change on e'cass...
Main page was changed from in process to DM one day... but the details changed like a week after... ''officially'' AIP is dated 26FEB, PR 28FEB... letters arrived March 3rd and 6th... what I never expected was the one for landing which arrived even before the one telling me that ''my local office will contact me''. It looks like Etobicoke was working fast, but Scarbourough is a little slower. You have 2 options... keep calling them until you get a nice helpful agent... or just relax, knowing that is only a canada post issue and everything will come any time now...

When I was at the landing interview, I overheard somebody in the counter next to me who got the letter 2 days after the landing interview was scheduled... they rescheduled it for 4 days later...

I know how hard it is.. we were willing to wait 12 months plus 8... but knowing that everything is over without the written confirmation is really bad... Hang on there... wish, hope and believe that everything will be on place soon!!!!!

You will remember in a couple of month, the times that you hated weekends ('cause there were no news or mail in weekends) and you will enjoy them again!!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
Canadagirl85 said:
Hey Angtao!! We are in the same situation!!!! We got DM March 3rd and still no letter... :S We only got one letter dating Feb 19th saygint that our application is compete and our local office will contact us... wondering whats up... What office are you landing in?
See my reply to Angtao... I think it applies to your case!!!

Best wishes!!!!!!!

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
BobDo said:
Thanks Gemauru... That puts me at ease lol... Also thank you for all the helpful information you have given me over the last few weeks. :)

Bob

I'm happy that finally I'm able to give some info... So many questions that I couldn't answer before 'cause I wasn't sure if I had the right answer... At least now, I can share my experience, and what worked for me...

Looking forward to see your post with your landing experience!!!!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
angtao said:
Hey canadagirl,

My husband is going to be landing at the Scarborough office. How about u?
omg same office my wife is landing there too !! What's the hold up !!!:-(

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Gemauru said:
See my reply to Angtao... I think it applies to your case!!!

Best wishes!!!!!!!
thanks great post !! Yes my biggest fear is missing the landing interview because of Canada post !!

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
angtao said:

What should I do?
Hi angtao! I had almost the same situation. Did you try calling CIC? Sometimes, from what I understand, they make a decision, but send a letter later. It happened with my letter, and when I called them, they gave me the exact day when the letter was sent. Try that!

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Guys,
somebody asked me a question and I didnt know the answer. So I'm posting it here to see if you know more about it. It is known that we cant work till we get our PR or work permit (that's why we are all bored out of our minds) but what happens if an already PR works cash? My opinion is that it's illegal anyway and you can be removed from the country or lose your PR. But on the other hand, many permanent residents and even canadians have cash jobs for extra income and they dont have any trouble. Anyway, this is the discussion we were having with a friend. What do you think?

Gemaru, are you from Uruguay? we're neighbours! I'm from Argentina!

Good luck everybody, let's continue waiting! ;)

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
mariela11 said:
Hi Guys,
somebody asked me a question and I didnt know the answer. So I'm posting it here to see if you know more about it. It is known that we cant work till we get our PR or work permit (that's why we are all bored out of our minds) but what happens if an already PR works cash? My opinion is that it's illegal anyway and you can be removed from the country or lose your PR. But on the other hand, many permanent residents and even canadians have cash jobs for extra income and they dont have any trouble. Anyway, this is the discussion we were having with a friend. What do you think?

Gemaru, are you from Uruguay? we're neighbours! I'm from Argentina!

Good luck everybody, let's continue waiting! ;)

That's illegal for both, the employee and the employer... not sure if the consequences will be as bad as the PR being removed from the country....

Yes, we are from Uruguay... y somos tocayas :D

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
I was told by my local immigration office "your allowed to work, as long as your not taking a canadians job position", gives you a few options, elance based in another country or selling your own art for example, not declaring it to the tax man is another thing though, do that at your own risk.

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
angtao said:

What should I do?
you should be ok and getting the letter soon. i got DM Feb 20, and my landing letter didn't come till Mar 11.

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
think my post got lost in all the updates, could i get put on that spreadsheet please

We received your application for permanent residence on March 7, 2011.

We started processing your application on April 4, 2011.

I recieved letter Febuary 18th 2012 requesting updated passport (immediately) and information on a previous relationship and police check from the uk. requested within 90 days of the letter.