Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
hi everyone! congrats to all the people with good news!!!

i just wanted your opinion on my case... i got aip on feb 14, got DM on feb 24th, but stil have not heard anything about landing date.. i called cic and because i live in vancouver, the backlog is about 3 months... but i'm just worried.... can anyone give me any info, or their input?

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello! Please can someone explain me how should I do to request my FOSS notes by mail? Yesterday I sent a mail to this mail address atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca and they answered me today that I had to fill in the form 1543F.

And in this form it says I have to send it to Ottawa, I'm confused, and I don't know how much time it could take to get an answer.

I've already sent it by post canada yesterday, but I didn't use the priority mail so I won't be able to see when it will arrive. Maybe I should've done that. So now, I want to try to request it by email too, just to be sure, I think it's the fastest way to get an answer.
And I have one more question please, for those who have already received their FOSS notes. How many pages are in the FOSS notes, approximately?
And by calling CIC I will be able to see if my application to request FOSS notes has arrived ok?????

Thank you in advance!!!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
kdmosco said:
hi everyone! congrats to all the people with good news!!!

i just wanted your opinion on my case... i got aip on feb 14, got DM on feb 24th, but stil have not heard anything about landing date.. i called cic and because i live in vancouver, the backlog is about 3 months... but i'm just worried.... can anyone give me any info, or their input?
I think you shouldn't worry you're done, it's just a matter of time to have your landing interview.
keep positive, I hope you will heard something soon.

Best wishes!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
karma123 said:
Hello! Please can someone explain me how should I do to request my FOSS notes by mail? Yesterday I sent a mail to this mail address atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca and they answered me today that I had to fill in the form 1543F.

And in this form it says I have to send it to Ottawa, I'm confused, and I don't know how much time it could take to get an answer.

I've already sent it by post canada yesterday, but I didn't use the priority mail so I won't be able to see when it will arrive. Maybe I should've done that. So now, I want to try to request it by email too, just to be sure, I think it's the fastest way to get an answer.
And I have one more question please, for those who have already received their FOSS notes. How many pages are in the FOSS notes, approximately?
And by calling CIC I will be able to see if my application to request FOSS notes has arrived ok?????

Thank you in advance!!!
Hello I sent it through fax and mail... and yes I filled up the form... no cost at all...It took 2 weeks before it arrived. and all in all if I'm not mistaken it was 37 pages

send it here

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Fax number is 780 603 2693.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
waitingitout said:
If the person sponsoring you changes jobs, do we need to inform them of this?

Yes, I called CIC this morning and the agent advised me to send new letter of hire asap. My husband is sponsoring me, and he changed his job recently. So will do it as soon as I have a letter from his new job!

Here is copy/paste from the e-mail I got from the agent after my call:
• a change of employer, etc. In your letter, please provide your client identification (ID) number and your full name and send it to the following address:

Case Processing Centre

6212- 55th Avenue

Vegreville, Alberta

T9C 1W5

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow what a big jump today!!! MAY people get ready, it is our time now :) :p ;)

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Yes, I called CIC this morning and the agent advised me to send new letter of hire asap. My husband is sponsoring me, and he changed his job recently. So will do it as soon as I have a letter from his new job!
That's so weird! Because I just checked the CIC site here and it says:

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify CIC of any changes in your application, such as:

changes in your personal circumstances such as a birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce,
change in contact information (email, mailing address, phone number),
appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual, or,
decision to withdraw your application.
It doesn't say anything about when changing jobs...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
waitingitout said:
That's so weird! Because I just checked the CIC site here and it says:

It doesn't say anything about when changing jobs...
... Changing job? I dont think the sponsor has to mention it at all, I dont recall telling, writing, publishing, :) anything about my job, with my social security number they can find in a blink if Im working, how much I make, my credit score, ...in fact, my social security card reveals whatever they want to know about my working whereabouts :)..

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
canadiancitizen said:
... Changing job? I dont think the sponsor has to mention it at all, I dont recall telling, writing, publishing, :) anything about my job, with my social security number they can find in a blink if Im working, how much I make, my credit score, ...in fact, my social security card reveals whatever they want to know about my working whereabouts :)..
It is weird indeed! As I just talked to an agent and she confirmed we need to send new information about his new job. I even have an e-mail saying to do so.

What is more, I remember enclosing his previous letter of hire, as it was on the check list at that time! It requested to say name of the employer, hourly wage, etc.

Wow, people, are getting so different info!

Here is the e-mail I got from the agent today:

Please do not reply to this email. Date: 2012-03-14
Sir, Madam,Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:Update Personal Information – CPC-Vegreville

To update your address or other personal information while your application for permanent residence is in process, you must notify us in writing.

An update in your personal information could include:

• a change in marital status,• the birth of a child,• criminal charges against you,• a change of employer, etc. In your letter, please provide your client identification (ID) number and your full name and send it to the following address:

Case Processing Centre

6212- 55th Avenue

Vegreville, Alberta

T9C 1W5

If you change your address, you must let us know immediately:

• on the Internet through our Online Services; or• by mail to the address given above.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Maybe there are new laws, however, if this is the case... where or which forms, we "sponsors", need to fill so we can specify where do we work... the only form where I insert that information is in my passport application.. are you sure this is for Sponsors?..

CanAusGal

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
canadiancitizen said:
Maybe there are new laws, however, if this is the case... where or which forms, we "sponsors", need to fill so we can specify where do we work... the only form where I insert that information is in my passport application.. are you sure this is for Sponsors?..
My sponsor had to fill in his employment information on form IMM5481 "Sponsorship Evaluation"

But it does say on that form "Sponsors living in Quebec need not complete this form" - so that might be where the confusion is coming from.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
I just came here to say APRIL 30 !!!!!!!!!!!! :p They are working a bit faster and it's so much better to actually see it's coming!!! Hopefully May will pass super fast too!!! ;)

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
CanAusGal said:
My sponsor had to fill in his employment information on form IMM5481 "Sponsorship Evaluation"

But it does say on that form "Sponsors living in Quebec need not complete this form" - so that might be where the confusion is coming from.
Right! Thank you for clarification!

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
Huh.... I just checked with my lawyer, and it seems we'd only need to inform CIC if we went on social assistance, and not for any other job change. (And, yeah, we did fill out the IMM5481 "Sponsorship Evaluation" form back when we completed our immigration application...) I wonder why Am_lina11 was told they needed to send in that update? o_O There seems to be contradictory information out there!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
waitingitout said:
Huh.... I just checked with my lawyer, and it seems we'd only need to inform CIC if we went on social assistance, and not for any other job change. (And, yeah, we did fill out the IMM5481 "Sponsorship Evaluation" form back when we completed our immigration application...) I wonder why Am_lina11 was told they needed to send in that update? o_O There seems to be contradictory information out there!
hmmmm, I wonder. ???

Anyways, I will send the new letter of hire, just to calm my mind. I won't use expresspost, just regular mail. In case, they do not need it they will throw it away. You never know with CIC. I just don't want to get another request of information and that way prolong this long enough process. ::)