AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
I hope that CIC just forgot to update the website. I'd rather believe in that than acknowledging they're slower down ??? I'm really really patient to not complain and set myself down to at least 1 year to hear something, but I still feel disappointed when there is no jump for such a long time :'(
Have a great weekend people!

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
How do I check my application status on ECAS. I am sponsoring my husband but I cannot log in. My husband can see his application process with his client ID number and it says in process. Do I need my own client ID number and would I get this from CIC agent?

Thanks!

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
I had this problem too! If you call CIC, they can give you your client ID number. (When I called, they told me my status over the phone too, because it still wasn't on the site.) I was surprised at how simple it was-- the worst was waiting on hold for 20+ minutes. Good luck!

Dee_Dee123 said:
How do I check my application status on ECAS. I am sponsoring my husband but I cannot log in. My husband can see his application process with his client ID number and it says in process. Do I need my own client ID number and would I get this from CIC agent?

Thanks!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
maldita said:
Hi guys,

What does it mean when it says:

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on January 17, 2012. The local CIC office may contact you.

How much longer do I have to wait? I'm waiting for my first stage approval...

Thanks!

Hello! where is your local office?

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
Hi everyone! just wanted to let you know that i called CIC just to see if i could get an update on anything, and the woman basically told me that i probably won't be getting anything till about April or may!! so much for 11-12 months!!!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
kdmosco said:
Hi everyone! just wanted to let you know that i called CIC just to see if i could get an update on anything, and the woman basically told me that i probably won't be getting anything till about April or may!! so much for 11-12 months!!!

There is a rumor ( :p) spreading that they have a deadline before March ends... they have to finish all 2010 applicants.... so probably that is reason there's no jump.

waitingitout

Jan 24, 2012
I'm confused about the update from CIC on spousal sponsorship:

"Note: As of February 6, 2012, sponsors and applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete both the new Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) form and the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Sponsors and applicants are encouraged to complete the forms electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application forms, please use the link to the application forms."

Do people who applied before Feb 6, 2012 have to fill in and send those forms? (I sent my application in May 2011.)

wtd

Aug 30, 2011
kdmosco said:
Say it ain't so!

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Well I think my wife has just about had it (sad that we filed the application in August 2011, so a loooong way to go). Yes I made a huge mistake, I could have simply filed her application outland in the United States, and got it over and done with much faster.

Anyway, she's been putting on a brave face, but I think she just wants to go back to the U.S now.

The initial attraction she had with Canada is starting to ware of big time (one can only look at mountains so many times), and having to sit at home, not being able to go to college or get health care, it's starting to get to her.

She wants to go back to Houston, she won't say it but I know that's what she's thinking.

I don't really want to go to the states, but at the rate this is going I think if I moved down there and had my wife sponsor me for a Greencard, it might just be faster.

However, I'm pretty well settled in Canada, and don't want to move. Especially not to Houston, which I don't really like.

All these tensions could be over if immigration Canada would just get their act together, but I suppose I have myself to blame, I could have filed her papers in Buffalo and had the process over in about 11 months. :(

It's just so confusing, I had no idea you could file an outland application if the person was living in Canada with you, :(, wish I had found this forum sooner.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys, it has been a while since I posted. I have been around but haven't been posting as I am shocked at how long cic is taking. It has moved 1 week in 6-7 weeks. When I applied I thought that we would have had answers by now.

I called cic right after I saw Thursdays jump and spoke to a really nice person. I asked what was going on and he didn't really have answers for me but he did say that our background checks were requested last June which put a smile on my face.

So far no one from feb has been approved and tomorrow is already Monday. I bet you we will not see another jump again this Wednesday. This is unbelievable. What r we going to do? This is atrocious. In 8 days it will be a 13 month wait. Crazy!

I have a question for a few of u that did medicals for a 2nd time without cic asking for them. I didn't think that my husband should spend another $150 for one but we really want to go and see his family this summer. He misses them so much. I don't want anything to get in our way so he is going for another one this week. Should I mail the medical receipt that I get from the doctor like I did the first time with the package? Serendipity, I know that your wife also did a medical closer to her due date. Did you mail the receipt to Vegreville?

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
try not to be discouraged. It took us about 13 months to hear anything and get AIP. Best of luck.

Dominican22

Jun 23, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-12-2011
Med's Done....
23-11-2010
Hi Angtao! I imagine how frustrated you must be, specially after being so close. About your medicals, I had the same fear as you guys, because I did mine mid November 2010 and didn't send the application until Jan 2011. But when I called CIC, they asked me not to do my medicals again until they request it, because it has been their "fault" for the waiting time. A month after my med were expired, I was approved for both stages. I dunno if it had to do with the fact that it wasn't that long after they processed my application. I understand your concern. I suggest you to call them and ask them if it would be helpful for you guys re-do the medicals.
Best of luck! and hang in there. "You must have faith because everything comes."

angtao said:
Hey guys, it has been a while since I posted. I have been around but haven't been posting as I am shocked at how long cic is taking. It has moved 1 week in 6-7 weeks. When I applied I thought that we would have had answers by now.

I called cic right after I saw Thursdays jump and spoke to a really nice person. I asked what was going on and he didn't really have answers for me but he did say that our background checks were requested last June which put a smile on my face.

So far no one from feb has been approved and tomorrow is already Monday. I bet you we will not see another jump again this Wednesday. This is unbelievable. What r we going to do? This is atrocious. In 8 days it will be a 13 month wait. Crazy!

I have a question for a few of u that did medicals for a 2nd time without cic asking for them. I didn't think that my husband should spend another $150 for one but we really want to go and see his family this summer. He misses them so much. I don't want anything to get in our way so he is going for another one this week. Should I mail the medical receipt that I get from the doctor like I did the first time with the package? Serendipity, I know that your wife also did a medical closer to her due date. Did you mail the receipt to Vegreville?

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
hi, everyone, just want to let you guys know that I just called CIC and they told me my case has been approved for the first stage, and a letter has been sent to me yesterday (obviously they are working on the weekend?) I encourage all of the Feb applicants to call and ask about your status because they might not update on the website. and yesterday was my husband's birthday, how nice? :D i want to write more but i'm watching my 9 months old baby now so maybe i'll post more when i have time and receive the letter in the mail?

my application received Feb 7, started processing Mar 17.

good luck everyone