+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
Azsereth said:
When you originally submitted your application, had you completed a medical exam and background check, or were you waiting until they requested them?

I had sent both in with my application (the background check was sent to me by the FBI sometime in Feb 2011, and my medical exam was performed in June), and was not asked to re-do either of them.

I think I would err on the side of caution when it comes to being away from home for long when expecting correspondence. I don't know the process for scheduling the landing interview (if it can be rescheduled, if you have any input on the date, etc.), but since we all have so much invested in the process, but it'd be unfortunate to have anything complicate it or delay it further.
I submitted my Medicals when they requested them. I'm still waiting for them to request police clearances (did not submit any with my application). It's been about 2 months since the ecas changed to Medical Results have been received.

I'm thinking of giving CIC a short call to follow up. When I received my AIP they had to resend the letter, because I never received it.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
Leli,

How long did your medicals take to be shown in the system? A month since the day you did it or more?

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
LauraCanada said:
Hi my dear Lab,

wait till you get the Foss notes, you might have a better idea why CIC doubted about your marriage.

As you know I am in your same situation, only 3 months after you.
The other day I went back in this topic and in the inland 2010 topic and what I noticed is that if CIC required more evidence of your relationship (both common-in-law and marriage) it can be up to 9 months before the applicant will hear something. Also in the majority of the cases step 1 and 2 are processed at the same time.
Unless you are applying from Quebec, in that case is much faster. Applicant hear something within 1-2 months.

I want to underline that I can be totally wrong, but that's what it came out from my little research.

Anyway...how was your son's 1st birthday? :) xoxo
Hi Laura

Yes, your right, I will just wait for my Foss notes.
I just thought I'd try calling this morning.

My little guys birthday was great. Can't believe how quick that year went, well in some ways....ha ha

Lab xx

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
Ematina said:
I got the work permit & AIp last June, Do you think I can travel to USA and come back again to Canada or not yet & should I wait till after landing!!!
Hi Ematina,

I am looking into that right now as well.

I just found the thread, link below, about travelling with AIP. It does depend if you are from a visa exempt country (listed on the CIC website, USA is one). I understand that the phrase "does not authorize re-entry" on your work permit means that this document does not replace a visa you might need to visit Canada. If you come from a visa exempt country, you will only need a valid passport, your AIP letter and OWP as a proof.
I have also read that there is never a guarantee that you won't have any problems.

Anyway, I do consider travelling soon. It might still take months until I get 2nd stage. My grandmother is not doing so well and it would break my heart if I'd miss the chance to see her again. I'll think about it..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/open-work-permit-travel-confusion-t61290.0.html

TCZQUEEN

Jun 1, 2012
I just got my second stage Decision made yesterday !

I got my AIP-june 13th ....it took them almost 2 months for 2nd stage. I know many from my Time line those who got AIp`s in June mid are waiting !

So the good news is now they are getting their ..keep chking and calling CIC.

It does not says that they mailed a letter or which day they mailed a letter ..it just says you will be contacted regrading the Decision.

any idea how long will it take from now to Get my landing done !

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
TCZQUEEN said:

I got my AIP-june 13th ....it took them almost 2 months for 2nd stage. I know many from my Time line those who got AIp`s in June mid are waiting !

It does not says that they mailed a letter or which day they mailed a letter ..it just says you will be contacted regrading the Decision.

aww congrats i was also aip on June 14 am shaking in my seat i hope am next omg and am so happy for you hope you get landed interview soon

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
TCZQUEEN said:

it depend on the local office you at

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
LauraCanada said:
Leli,

How long did your medicals take to be shown in the system? A month since the day you did it or more?
I got AIP december 2011. I submitted medicals and were sent March 21st, 2012. It took about 2 months until the ecas changed. So now it's been 2 months and I haven't heard back. During medicals, they sent me a letter to update my client history to begin my security check. They have not requested police certificates, yet. I called CIC yesterday, but they were busy. I even tried 4 times throughout the day. I wanna call to follow up and ask if they have sent any letters recently.

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
leli, thanks for your reply. If you want my tip, call CIC at 9:05am
That's when I use to get hold of them without any problems :)

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
LauraCanada said:
leli, thanks for your reply. If you want my tip, call CIC at 9:05am
That's when I use to get hold of them without any problems :)
thanks! Do you think it's normal they're taking long? I know 2 months (since ecas changed to medicals received) is not a long time, but could be because of summer holidays?

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
wow some cic worker really mean and stupid i call this morn and a guy told me there is no update on my file and there is no bf date so i found that was impossible so i call just a while ago and i got a really nice lady she said my prfee was revived on the 1 aug and my bf date is aug 24 but my pcc is still out standing meaning they have not done my pcc yet oh my god one more month of waiting for me god i hate this wait just for stage 2 june 14 to now helpppp

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
leli2012 said:
thanks! Do you think it's normal they're taking long? I know 2 months (since ecas changed to medicals received) is not a long time, but could be because of summer holidays?
I guess it's a normal time frame from what I have read here. I sent my medicals at the end of last month and Im still waiting for them to show up on the system :)

slock

Jun 29, 2012
Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a landing interview in Etobicoke after a decision made letter? We just got Stage 2 in the mail today and I'm wondering how long it takes? Do they contact you with an interview date or are we able to arrange it ourselves....we live 8 hours from Etobicoke!

slock

Jun 29, 2012
Oh...and does it matter when we pay the Right of Landing Fee if we're going to bring the receipt to the interview? Does paying it sooner ensure that we get an interview sooner?

kochanie

Oct 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow Inlanders!

Got a really good news today!! My husband got his open work permit today in the mail dated August 15, 2012! Yay!! Finally! No other letter though but remarks on the paper says: "Application for permanent resident status has received. Initial Approval". Is this an AIP then? Or do we need the actual AIP letter to get SIN and Medical. We checked E-cad but no update yet.

Thank God! He was so happy that he wants to go to work right now!! Haha!