Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
wolanila said:
Hey everybody we our application was recieved today at Vegreville.
Woo ! You have a bit of a wait in front if you but stay strong and positive!! Contracts !!

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
Canadagirl85 said:
thank god maybe this will help speed up the applications of real couples !!!
I hope so. That policy is good, but I'm more worried about what's coming.

I can't post links yet (not enough posts) but the Globe and Mail has an article posted yesterday titled "Ontario goes it alone on immigration, says Ottawa’s policy hurts province" that includes:

Starting this summer, those who are sponsored by their spouses to come to Canada will only be given temporary resident status for two years before they can gain permanent residency. If, during that period, the government discovers the marriage was one of convenience, the individual will be denied permanent residency.
I don't know if that'll affect those of us who've already filed or not (I applied July 2011). I agree with that new law in principal, but I'll be more than a little disappointed if this law changes our application to a temporary residence permit and we have to wait two more years to get permanent residence. I'm crossing my fingers that I get approval before the new law comes to pass.

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
StoneTable said:
I hope so. That policy is good, but I'm more worried about what's coming.

I can't post links yet (not enough posts) but the Globe and Mail has an article posted yesterday titled "Ontario goes it alone on immigration, says Ottawa's policy hurts province" that includes:

I don't know if that'll affect those of us who've already filed or not (I applied July 2011). I agree with that new law in principal, but I'll be more than a little disappointed if this law changes our application to a temporary residence permit and we have to wait two more years to get permanent residence. I'm crossing my fingers that I get approval before the new law comes to pass.
Hi StoneTable

I also applied in July 2011, but I think it is not fair for us(inland applicant) because we already waiting for almost 1 year to get the PR and they still need us to wait another 2 years? They should apply this new rule to those applicant that apply after summer.

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
BestPlace said:
Hi StoneTable

I also applied in July 2011, but I think it is not fair for us(inland applicant) because we already waiting for almost 1 year to get the PR and they still need us to wait another 2 years? They should apply this new rule to those applicant that apply after summer.
That's what I hope, too. I suspect it'll be a change in the way new applicants will have to file, but with the news of rampant fraud who knows how drastic of measures they'll take?

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
StoneTable said:
That's what I hope, too. I suspect it'll be a change in the way new applicants will have to file, but with the news of rampant fraud who knows how drastic of measures they'll take?
Izzit now the waiting time for inland application decrease. I sent the application by the lawyer on July 11 2011 but until now still can't log in ECAS. How bout yours?

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
BestPlace said:
Izzit now the waiting time for inland application decrease. I sent the application by the lawyer on July 11 2011 but until now still can't log in ECAS. How bout yours?
I don't think any of the changes to decrease fraud will help those of us waiting now -- too much of a backlog to be sorted through. It may help the people who file in the future, though. My application was received at the end of July; ECAS works fine for me using my UCI.

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
StoneTable said:
I don't think any of the changes to decrease fraud will help those of us waiting now -- too much of a backlog to be sorted through. It may help the people who file in the future, though. My application was received at the end of July; ECAS works fine for me using my UCI.
Before we apply the waiting time is 9-10 months but now increase to 11-12 months. Izzit posible to decrease back to 9-10 months waiting time? Now everyday just sit in home and nothing can do.

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
BestPlace said:
Before we apply the waiting time is 9-10 months but now increase to 11-12 months. Izzit posible to decrease back to 9-10 months waiting time? Now everyday just sit in home and nothing can do.
I believe (and someone may correct me if I'm wrong) is that the current wait time of 11-12 months is for people applying now. Based on the Inland Applications 2011 spreadsheet, they're up to March now. They're getting to us. ;D

BestPlace

Dec 23, 2011
StoneTable said:
I believe (and someone may correct me if I'm wrong) is that the current wait time of 11-12 months is for people applying now. Based on the Inland Applications 2011 spreadsheet, they're up to March now. They're getting to us. ;D
But I saw in Inland Application 2010, at this time(March), CIC already working on application received on May. Don't know CIC will pick up back the time they owe us or not?

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
BestPlace said:
But I saw in Inland Application 2010, at this time(March), CIC already working on application received on May. Don't know CIC will pick up back the time they owe us or not?
I doubt it. They're working on applications as fast as they can, but their might be more applications to process (or more complicated applications).

The waiting isn't easy, but fill your time with something productive if you can. That's what I'm doing.

mattman

Feb 20, 2012
I have some questions about AIP and Open work permit. We received my wife's AIP last week and I states she is now eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit. Now my question is she has been out of status while we've had the PR application in for over a year now. Do we have to pay the $200 to restore status before we apply for the owp? Or can we even restore status now that it's been over 90 days without status? or would it just be better to wait for PR now that we have the AIP?

I would hope that the letter stating she was eligible would take into account her (implied status) that she gets by being an inland sponsored PR app?

Any help would be great I get varying answers from different people.

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Hi mattman, i am not entirely sure about this problem, but in my opinion for this you should call CIC and ask them. I am just wondering though why you did not restore your status earlier. I do know that you do need legal status to stay in canada. The implied status only works if you either have applied for a work visa or visitor visa extension and you are waiting for a response. You being eligible for sponsorship or permanent residency does not give you implied status. So, from whatever i know you need to apply for some sort of visa to get legal status.

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattman said:
I have some questions about AIP and Open work permit. We received my wife's AIP last week and I states she is now eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit. Now my question is she has been out of status while we've had the PR application in for over a year now. Do we have to pay the $200 to restore status before we apply for the owp? Or can we even restore status now that it's been over 90 days without status? or would it just be better to wait for PR now that we have the AIP?

I would hope that the letter stating she was eligible would take into account her (implied status) that she gets by being an inland sponsored PR app?

Any help would be great I get varying answers from different people.

Hi there. Based on my own recent experience, when I applied for PR under Spouse Sponsored category, I included an application to extend visitor visa. Then 2 weeks later, CPC wrote me a letter saying that my visitor status is expired so I need to apply for restoration of status as visitor. Instead of $75 extension fee, they requested me to pay $200 restoration fee. Yes, time is crucial because based on the CPC letter which they gave me, you're only given 90 days after visitor status expiry date to restore your status as visitor. They reiterated that visitor status expires 6 months after you entered Canada. In my case, I have a visitor visa sticker that is pasted on my passport which is valid until 2014 so I thought I am allowed to stay here until 2014. But I was wrong because CPC letter told me that implied expiry date of visitor status is only 6 months after arrival date in Canada.

One more thing. I also heard about implied status thing but I didn't trust that. It's always good and for your peace of mind, to have a real visitor status, while waiting for a PR AIP, so better pay $200 than be worried everyday about living in a country without authorization in paper. HTH!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
johanna125 said:
Hi there. Based on my own recent experience, when I applied for PR under Spouse Sponsored category, I included an application to extend visitor visa. Then 2 weeks later, CPC wrote me a letter saying that my visitor status is expired so I need to apply for restoration of status as visitor. Instead of $75 extension fee, they requested me to pay $200 restoration fee. Yes, time is crucial because based on the CPC letter which they gave me, you're only given 90 days after visitor status expiry date to restore your status as visitor. They reiterated that visitor status expires 6 months after you entered Canada. In my case, I have a visitor visa sticker that is pasted on my passport which is valid until 2014 so I thought I am allowed to stay here until 2014. But I was wrong because CPC letter told me that implied expiry date of visitor status is only 6 months after arrival date in Canada.

One more thing. I also heard about implied status thing but I didn't trust that. It's always good and for your peace of mind, to have a real visitor status, while waiting for a PR AIP, so better pay $200 than be worried everyday about living in a country without authorization in paper. HTH!
hey johanna125...have you got an answer related to the renewal of that visitor record yet or you think you will only hear from them upon AIP. Would be good to know. thanks