+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Which site is best to track Indian renew
Passport application. Passport Sewa or bsl Ind Canada.
Passport Sewa because once your passport is with Consulate you can see status changes at Passport Sewa only. BLS only gets update once the passport is printed and dispatched to BLS.

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
Passport Sewa because once your passport is with Consulate you can see status changes at Passport Sewa only. BLS only gets update once the passport is printed and dispatched to BLS.
On passport Sewa it show passport is printed and send to consulate. But in bls ind Canada still showing processing at high commission.

Karan071091

Star Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hi,I want know passport Sewa site show passport is printed and send to consul, but bsl Ind Canada site show processing at high commission.i want to know how many I wil receive my passport

Daya1

May 1, 2015

ankush075

Aug 16, 2020
Hi All,

My wife had submitted for her passport renewal on April 25th. We only have the file number generated till now and the Inspect mode tracking shows 'Sent to Go'.

Is it normal for the application to be under review for more than 2 weeks and see no movement at all?

Daya1

May 1, 2015
Hi All,

My wife had submitted for her passport renewal on April 25th. We only have the file number generated till now and the Inspect mode tracking shows 'Sent to Go'.

Is it normal for the application to be under review for more than 2 weeks and see no movement at all?
yes, it is normal based on google tracking sheet timelines by others. next phase will be PV initiated which may take a while

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
Will there be PV for PR holders too? Address to be printed is Canadian address.
@ankush075- If the Indian address that you have mentioned in your application is different from your old passport, then yes PV will be done and it does not matter whether you are on PR/Work/Student.
In this case, you have changed the Indian address. So PV will definitely take place at the new address. Although printable address is Canadian one.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: ankush075

Berin

May 12, 2024
Hello,
My passport renewal application status shows ‘under review at Indian Embassy/consulate’ in passport seva website. My application was received on april 29,2024. My current passport expires on June 17, 2024. Is there any chance i will get my renewed passport before june 17th?

CS30

Apr 4, 2024
Hello,
My passport renewal application status shows ‘under review at Indian Embassy/consulate’ in passport seva website. My application was received on april 29,2024. My current passport expires on June 17, 2024. Is there any chance i will get my renewed passport before june 17th?

@Berin - Hello, Once you have submitted your application before passport expiry, then the renewed passport will be having its own new validity date. In addition to this, nowadays the normal passport application processing time is around minimum 4-8 weeks. Please check others timeline from this sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N0_kRDtLBxn8hYLw6IBTx0W5gX8g-GQKDDj-bKSDe5U/edit#gid=0

Hope this helps!

Berin

May 12, 2024
@Berin - Hello, Once you have submitted your application before passport expiry, then the renewed passport will be having its own new validity date. In addition to this, nowadays the normal passport application processing time is around minimum 4-8 weeks. Please check others timeline from this sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N0_kRDtLBxn8hYLw6IBTx0W5gX8g-GQKDDj-bKSDe5U/edit#gid=0

Hope this helps!
Also my study permit expires on june 17, so will there be any complications if i apply for my pgwp after study permit expires?