+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC delayed

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htrak said:
Yes, I think that was the reason why my PCC was delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no coordination between consulates!
thnks htrak for ur opinion..
calling the attention of bhopali, CECFEB2013....kindly share ur experience/opinion....

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
I was little busy so didn't had chance to write my PCC story. In my story I'm giving some detailed extra information as it may be helpful in analyzing your case.

I first got my passport in 1996 while I was student at my hometown and got the passport renewed in tatkal in 2006 while I was working in another city, I did not get my address details updated. For some reasons (I don't know them) they issued me a had written passport and the format is completely different than a normal passport. Police verification's were done at my home town when my first passport was issued.

As per the process, passport would be renewed if there is no adverse entry in their system against my passport record. And, after the passport is issued they should be doing a police verification to ensure that the candidate did not build up any criminal record. Generally for most of the cases they do not do any police verification after the passport is issued and I fall under this. When we request for PCC they would be performing police verification's.

CGI, Passport offices do fall under MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) and they maintain a centralized database of all the records online, all your police clearances, adverse reports etc are entered into their system against your passport number. Some lazy guys working in these offices issue your passport but fail to update all these reports/information into their system. In case if you are requesting PCC from a different office, first they would verify your clearances in the centralized database, if they have your clearance, your PCC could be issued immediately, if the clearance is not available then they would request for clearance from India.

If you are applying for PCC in India from a passport office, if clearance is available you can get your PCC on the same day and if it's not available they would send an online request to your local SP Office and the SLA is about 2 weeks. Within 2 weeks SP Office should issue the report and you would get it in max 2-3 weeks.

If you are applying for PCC in CGI, if clearance is available in the system they would issue at the earliest otherwise they would send your application to New Delhi via diplomatic bag (this is not post or courier, diplomats would physically carry this at irregular intervals, say once in two months) to MEA. MEA would take their own sweet time and send your application to the state government. Your state government would send the same to Home department, they would send it to Intelligence office and from there to SP Office of that region and then they would investigate and issue the report. As per process report should be sent back to Intelligence office, then to Home department, then to state government and they have to send it to CGI. But most of the people would manage to get the copy of report from SP office and send it to CGI and CGI would issue your PCC.

My case, I stayed at two places, my home town and in another city where I was working. After reading the forums I decided to write only one address on the PCC form. My PCC request never reached SP Office, after several followups, CGI asked me to fill the form again and come back in the evening. When I went in the evening they said it would take long time to reach the request if we send it to SP office, they gave a sealed envelope and asked me to courier it. I couriered the same directly to SP office. They received it in 4 days. They completed the investigation and said that report is confidential and we cannot give it to you (even after hefty amyayam). We will send it to state government and they will forward. After several followups nothing happened.

After a month my father directly dealt with state government office (secretariat), they said we will look into it and after a week they issued a scanned copy of the report to my father. When I went with the scanned copy to CGI, they immediately issued my PCC.

I would like to share one more thing. We think that writing one address on the PCC application CGI will issue PCC quickly. This is a myth. Your PCC is issued based on the content of the report.

As I saw my report, I was shocked. It was a two page document on me. SP office took amyamya and issued a report stating that I was at my hometown only while I was studying and I moved out of my hometown and started working in another city. SP Office sent the report to Intelligence department and they issued a big report on me. They stated that I did not disclose in my PCC application that I was working in another city. Intelligence department conducted their investigations on me and found out where I was working (listed the names of the companies I worked for) and what I was doing and in the last line they mentioned that there is no criminal record against me.

I would have never got my PCC if SP office had sent the report to CGI stating I was working in another city.

When I got my PCC I felt so happy as if I got my PR. In the night I celebrated by going out for dinner.

Thought of sharing what I learnt during my PCC journey, at least if one person finds it helpful I would be happy.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CECFEB2013 said:
I was little busy so didn't had chance to write my PCC story. In my story I'm giving some detailed extra information as it may be helpful in analyzing your case.

I first got my passport in 1996 while I was student at my hometown and got the passport renewed in tatkal in 2006 while I was working in another city, I did not get my address details updated. For some reasons (I don't know them) they issued me a had written passport and the format is completely different than a normal passport. Police verification's were done at my home town when my first passport was issued.

As per the process, passport would be renewed if there is no adverse entry in their system against my passport record. And, after the passport is issued they should be doing a police verification to ensure that the candidate did not build up any criminal record. Generally for most of the cases they do not do any police verification after the passport is issued and I fall under this. When we request for PCC they would be performing police verification's.

CGI, Passport offices do fall under MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) and they maintain a centralized database of all the records online, all your police clearances, adverse reports etc are entered into their system against your passport number. Some lazy guys working in these offices issue your passport but fail to update all these reports/information into their system. In case if you are requesting PCC from a different office, first they would verify your clearances in the centralized database, if they have your clearance, your PCC could be issued immediately, if the clearance is not available then they would request for clearance from India.

If you are applying for PCC in India from a passport office, if clearance is available you can get your PCC on the same day and if it's not available they would send an online request to your local SP Office and the SLA is about 2 weeks. Within 2 weeks SP Office should issue the report and you would get it in max 2-3 weeks.

If you are applying for PCC in CGI, if clearance is available in the system they would issue at the earliest otherwise they would send your application to New Delhi via diplomatic bag (this is not post or courier, diplomats would physically carry this at irregular intervals, say once in two months) to MEA. MEA would take their own sweet time and send your application to the state government. Your state government would send the same to Home department, they would send it to Intelligence office and from there to SP Office of that region and then they would investigate and issue the report. As per process report should be sent back to Intelligence office, then to Home department, then to state government and they have to send it to CGI. But most of the people would manage to get the copy of report from SP office and send it to CGI and CGI would issue your PCC.

My case, I stayed at two places, my home town and in another city where I was working. After reading the forums I decided to write only one address on the PCC form. My PCC request never reached SP Office, after several followups, CGI asked me to fill the form again and come back in the evening. When I went in the evening they said it would take long time to reach the request if we send it to SP office, they gave a sealed envelope and asked me to courier it. I couriered the same directly to SP office. They received it in 4 days. They completed the investigation and said that report is confidential and we cannot give it to you (even after hefty amyayam). We will send it to state government and they will forward. After several followups nothing happened.

After a month my father directly dealt with state government office (secretariat), they said we will look into it and after a week they issued a scanned copy of the report to my father. When I went with the scanned copy to CGI, they immediately issued my PCC.

I would like to share one more thing. We think that writing one address on the PCC application CGI will issue PCC quickly. This is a myth. Your PCC is issued based on the content of the report.

As I saw my report, I was shocked. It was a two page document on me. SP office took amyamya and issued a report stating that I was at my hometown only while I was studying and I moved out of my hometown and started working in another city. SP Office sent the report to Intelligence department and they issued a big report on me. They stated that I did not disclose in my PCC application that I was working in another city. Intelligence department conducted their investigations on me and found out where I was working (listed the names of the companies I worked for) and what I was doing and in the last line they mentioned that there is no criminal record against me.

I would have never got my PCC if SP office had sent the report to CGI stating I was working in another city.

When I got my PCC I felt so happy as if I got my PR. In the night I celebrated by going out for dinner.

Thought of sharing what I learnt during my PCC journey, at least if one person finds it helpful I would be happy.
thank u very much CECFEB2013 for ur time and sharing all the details..it was really very helpful to get an insight of the process....basically, in my case i got my passport renewed from cgi toronto and they cancelled the older passport and returned to me which was issued from (this one i got thru by proper police verification), although for the new passport no police verification was done in india....so what is ur opinion/suggestion based on ur experience and understanding of the entire PCC process??

luking fwd to ur response..

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
shimnui1 said:
thank u very much CECFEB2013 for ur time and sharing all the details..it was really very helpful to get an insight of the process....basically, in my case i got my passport renewed from cgi toronto and they cancelled the older passport and returned to me which was issued from (this one i got thru by proper police verification), although for the new passport no police verification was done in india....so what is ur opinion/suggestion based on ur experience and understanding of the entire PCC process??

luking fwd to ur response..

Based on my experience, I would say if your new passport was issued at CGI Tornoto, and you are applying for PCC through CGI Toronto, it wouldn't take much time.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CECFEB2013 said:
Based on my experience, I would say if your new passport was issued at CGI Tornoto, and you are applying for PCC through CGI Toronto, it wouldn't take much time.
thnks CECFEB2013 for ur response.... :)

shailuzid

Oct 27, 2013
Hey Kugzi,
Thanks for information about if you have second passport.
When I got my second passport, they did not do police verification. They did for the first one.
Now the thing is, both passport has different address. Its same city, but we moved to new address when I applied for second passport.
I am going to apply for PCC thru BLS Toronto.
What should I expect?

Thanks

Kugzi said:
For everyone waiting for Indian PCC, there is no point in contacting the consulate, follow up with the commissioner office of your city. Also if the passport you hold is a 2nd passport then you have to contact the passport office in your city and tell them you need a PCC because for the 2nd passport in India there is no police verification done so your data will not be available in the passport office regarding police verification but they will be linked to your 1st passpor. Also the PCC will not come from India, once the consulate sends the information the concerned passport office will verify their system and give a GO, then the consulate here will print the PCC here and give it.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi CECFEB2013,
I am glad that you got your PCC finally. I know how you feel, at times I too felt that getting a PR seems to be easier than getting a PCC!

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
What suggestion about applying PCC and passport renewal together???? In toronto

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
samir3132 said:
What suggestion about applying PCC and passport renewal together???? In toronto
I am not sure if BLS would accept both the applications at the same time. You need to submit original passport for both.

My suggestion would be to apply for PCC after getting the new passport, because the PCC has a reference to your passport number. In my opinion having new passport number in the PCC would be better than having old one.

goofy2012

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat, I applied for PCC from CGI, and after three weeks i went to inquire on the status, as my passport was issued under Tatkal scheme there was no police record against me, Consular office at cgi told me the same thing that they do not have PVR updated against my passport. During this time my parent initiated police clearance request parallel to this in India. I went with this police certificate from ADDL commissioner office to CGI, and they told me they cannot issue the PCC certificate based on this. They told me to contact the passport office in India to get the PVR status updated. I am not sure if Passport office in India will entertain direct requests, and i cannot start another request there for PCC as i am in Canada and they also need my original passport and me to be staying in India for past one year. So i am stuck on what needs to be done now. Suggestions please

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
goofy2012 said:
I am in the same boat, I applied for PCC from CGI, and after three weeks i went to inquire on the status, as my passport was issued under Tatkal scheme there was no police record against me, Consular office at cgi told me the same thing that they do not have PVR updated against my passport. During this time my parent initiated police clearance request parallel to this in India. I went with this police certificate from ADDL commissioner office to CGI, and they told me they cannot issue the PCC certificate based on this. They told me to contact the passport office in India to get the PVR status updated. I am not sure if Passport office in India will entertain direct requests, and i cannot start another request there for PCC as i am in Canada and they also need my original passport and me to be staying in India for past one year. So i am stuck on what needs to be done now. Suggestions please
Ask your parents to check with a passport agent near the passport office where you got the passport in India and if he can help you.

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
How many days it taking now to get PCC from BLS?
I am planning to apply today.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a request from persons who got PCC from india. Could you please put content of PCC, which u got. You can delete your personal details.

Do they put addresses on PCC? I just want to see the templete.

Thanks

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shimnui1 said:
thnks CECFEB2013 for ur response.... :)
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to know..will the BLS office keep my indian passport and work permit with them or they will return it to me immediately over the counter after verification and just take the photocopies for the purpose of indian PCC??

need ur input..

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Today I applied for PCC and they took my work permit with passport.