Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
I have made an application to the consulate through BLS for PCC. Since it has been more than 2.5 months I called the consulate to check the status. I was told that the request has been sent to local police in India. I had my father check with the local police and he was told that they haven't received anything. So I am not sure as to how long this process is going to take, worse I am not even sure if I'll get a PCC. In the meanwhile, I was wondering if I an can get a certificate from local police and submit along with my application package. Does anyone know if CIC would accept that?

I know the CIC website says non-residents should get it from consulate.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

But I just wanted to check if anyone has been in this situation before.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
Hi Htrak,

By any chance, did you manage to get your PCC back ?

Even I have submitted my PCC application in April sometime and the status is still same.. when I called to BLS or CGI they always gives same answer that application is sent to India and delay is from India and it may take indefinite time. These peoples are so rude and even they don't care what the f*** you are struggling with and you might have any emergency and may need passport for your home trip.
They are still working in typical Indian sarkari fashion and so unprofessional.

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
htrak said:
I have made an application to the consulate through BLS for PCC. Since it has been more than 2.5 months I called the consulate to check the status. I was told that the request has been sent to local police in India. I had my father check with the local police and he was told that they haven't received anything. So I am not sure as to how long this process is going to take, worse I am not even sure if I'll get a PCC. In the meanwhile, I was wondering if I an can get a certificate from local police and submit along with my application package. Does anyone know if CIC would accept that?

I know the CIC website says non-residents should get it from consulate.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

But I just wanted to check if anyone has been in this situation before.

Ohh my god

We'r in same situation, I've applied for Indian PCC in April last week and still waiting for,
same way I have contacted both ends and it didn't work so I don't know what's going on and what should I do....?????

Thanks for the post and keep updating please....

thanks

danny

Jun 25, 2013
Honestly, they will take their own sweet time .. I met a guy for whom it took almost 9 months .. I dont want discourage you .. But if you need your passport back during the application, you can go and talk to the officer there and explain your situation, in all probability he can give you your passport without cancelling your PCC application .. And to make your PCC process faster, you should go and meet the Consul during 2nd/4th Fridays at around 3PM.. Get the details, where the letter was sent to, when i t was sent .. And once you know this, next step is to contact the office in India.. And you very well know how things are done in India .. You can also pay some money there and ask them to send it via speed post .. aprt from that I dont think there is any way to do this here ..

For your information, it took 6 weeks for my application to reach from Canada to India .. they are still in stone age and use pigeons I guess.. And the emabassy took almost 8 weeks to post the letter .. So almost after 14 weeks my app reached Indian police station and there I had to follow up and they took 2 weeks to send it here.. The application took almost 8-9 days to reach(as part of speedpost) .. the embassy took further 1 week to confirm if they received the document or not .. After literally running for 4-5 days they issued me my document .. altogether 4.5 months for me :D .. I dont know if there is any meaning of e-mail/fax for these stuffs !!

Good luck !!

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
silentobserver said:
Honestly, they will take their own sweet time .. I met a guy for whom it took almost 9 months .. I dont want discourage you .. But if you need your passport back during the application, you can go and talk to the officer there and explain your situation, in all probability he can give you your passport without cancelling your PCC application .. And to make your PCC process faster, you should go and meet the Consul during 2nd/4th Fridays at around 3PM.. Get the details, where the letter was sent to, when i t was sent .. And once you know this, next step is to contact the office in India.. And you very well know how things are done in India .. You can also pay some money there and ask them to send it via speed post .. aprt from that I dont think there is any way to do this here ..

For your information, it took 6 weeks for my application to reach from Canada to India .. they are still in stone age and use pigeons I guess.. And the emabassy took almost 8 weeks to post the letter .. So almost after 14 weeks my app reached Indian police station and there I had to follow up and they took 2 weeks to send it here.. The application took almost 8-9 days to reach(as part of speedpost) .. the embassy took further 1 week to confirm if they received the document or not .. After literally running for 4-5 days they issued me my document .. altogether 4.5 months for me :D .. I dont know if there is any meaning of e-mail/fax for these stuffs !!

Good luck !!
OOOOhhh 9 months!!!!!! I cant even imagine where the heck they took that much time.. I cant afford not having my PP for 9 months... 4.5 months is too much as well..
I applied from VFS and they hardly took 4 weeks to give me my PCC...

Jun 25, 2013
They have a database where they check if Police clearance was done on the passport address, sometimes they dont do clearance in case of tatkal applications or just dont bother to update the database... and we have to undergo agonizing wait .. One more suggestion though .. If the address in your application and passport are same.. and police clearance was done in that address its very fast .. for my wife it just took a week !! you are amazed by 9 months .. the officer there told me it has taken more than a year for few people .. India shining ;D ;D ;D

sasdp

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Hello,
Sorry to hear all this information on delay of Indian pcc.am also going to apply for pcc next week at edmonton BLS.Does anybody know if I get pcc from India without going through BLS will be accepted for cic?please help.I don't want to wait for 9 months...

shezy

Mar 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I am really sorry to hear about this and I hope you all get your PCC soon....

just like sasdp, I am also planning to apply for my PCC from BLS toronto.... Can I ask my brother/parents to do my PCC from Indian and then send me the PCC so that I can submit the PCC with my application? I guess applying for PCC in India (with rishwat) will be much faster and easier than BLS (9 months and countin........)

Anyone who can answer this question?

Thank you in advance.
Shezy.

Jun 25, 2013
CIC instruction does not clearly state where you should get your police clearance from based on your current location.. so its open to interpretation .. May be you all are lucky and will get the clearance in couple of weeks .. In any case you can send your PR application without the PCC .. and send the PCC to CIC once you get it quoting your file number, that will help you !!

hope you dont have any issues I faced !!

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
bhopali said:
Hi Htrak,

By any chance, did you manage to get your PCC back ?

Even I have submitted my PCC application in April sometime and the status is still same.. when I called to BLS or CGI they always gives same answer that application is sent to India and delay is from India and it may take indefinite time. These peoples are so rude and even they don't care what the f*** you are struggling with and you might have any emergency and may need passport for your home trip.
They are still working in typical Indian sarkari fashion and so unprofessional.
No, I have not received it yet. Called/emailed the consulate and BLS folks few times, but no luck. You know how these things work. In the meanwhile I am trying to get a clearance from my hometown with the help of my father. Believe me, at this point I think getting a PR is lot easier than getting PCC..

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
sasdp said:
Hello,
Sorry to hear all this information on delay of Indian pcc.am also going to apply for pcc next week at edmonton BLS.Does anybody know if I get pcc from India without going through BLS will be accepted for cic?please help.I don't want to wait for 9 months...
You can give it a try if getting PCC from India is easy. Its easy if you know people in India. One of my friends got the clearance from India though he is currently based in Canada and he submitted the same to CIC. I did not see any concerns from CIC and he got a request for medicals.

flywith2010

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Pls. go ahead and take your PCC from INIDA , Its completely official ....
To get the Indian PCC within Canada from Indian Consolate is just an alternative which you can avail optionally.

Think abt those countries where we don't have Indian Consolate , Those people take the PCC from India.....

And you know how its works in India .... Get you PCC in1 week ;D ;D

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
I applied for my PCC in Brampton location today, After reading so much -ve here I was expecting a sarkari mahol of babus,, but believe me things were systematic, ppl were friendly/helping out there....and if anyone is frustrated with long wait.....surely you have to wait for your turn when you have so many people....I hope any one of who have visited any general hospital in canada knows the definition of 'PATIENCE FOR YOUR TURN'... anyway its my opinion and I found services quite well there......

Real outcome I'll see if PCC is given in 4-6 weeks, BTW my address on passport is different from the current one which I gave in my forms but it is in the same locality... I had already received PCC with same situation 2 yrs back but with Indian Consulate office toronto....(within 2 weeks ).

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Applied for PCC on Monday from 1448 Lawrence E. My experience was overall fair with them. At first, there is a guy who checks the application form if everything is in order and then gives a token for us to wait. I took 35X35mm photos specifically and he was still frowning that they were not per checklist(35x35). I made him cut the photos as per his liking to fit them into his version of 35x35. He was a typical sarkari babu type and it was very evident that he was not happy with the job. His treatment to goras was different(and better) than us.

After getting the token, it was about 4-6 min wait. The lady at the counter was very helpful and finished the task(2 applications) in about 7 minutes.
My address in both PCC and passport are same. Hopefully I get it by Aug 2nd week.

My advice to people who are applying for a fresh PCC from Toronto is to be patient and do NOT fight for anything with the babus. Go with zero EGO and your work will get done and you will be out w/o any delays.

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Guys, Just wanted to let you know that my PCC application has finally reached the local police station in India from the consulate. The local police is ok with my details and they are going to respond to the consulate. I am a bit relieved now, as I originally thought my application is lost somewhere.

If you have applied during April-May, I guess those applications have just reached India. It may be worth checking with your local police station now.