+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Question

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
I was considered for the less complex case and days later got an email from the minister that he wants to intervene but will not be present at the hearing. The issue is I had applied for a TRV to canada twice before and was denied. On my BOC I only indicated that I had 1 visa refusal and not 2. The thing is I genuinely forgot because the 1st 1 was so long ago. Any idea if I will still be considered for a less complex case and what are my options?

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
I hold a bachelor's degree and soon will hold a masters. The thing is I'm not stupid and knew a background check would have been done. Like I said I'm only human and honestly forgot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was considered for the less complex case and days later got an email from the minister that he wants to intervene but will not be present at the hearing. The issue is I had applied for a TRV to canada twice before and was denied. On my BOC I only indicated that I had 1 visa refusal and not 2. The thing is I genuinely forgot because the 1st 1 was so long ago. Any idea if I will still be considered for a less complex case and what are my options?
Here are a few historical threads dealing with this topic that you may find helpful. Good luck.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ministers-intervention.707928/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/letter-from-cbsa-for-documents-submission.614927/

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I hold a bachelor's degree and soon will hold a masters. The thing is I'm not stupid and knew a background check would have been done. Like I said I'm only human and honestly forgot.
Did Minister indicate reasons as to why they want to intervene? If it is based on failure to disclose your last refusal, unrelated to your claim, prepare both written submission before the hearing. In some case, after going through your submission, they withdraw. Work with your lawyer

HereToStay

Aug 21, 2022
Did Minister indicate reasons as to why they want to intervene? If it is based on failure to disclose your last refusal, unrelated to your
Did Minister indicate reasons as to why they want to intervene? If it is based on failure to disclose your last refusal, unrelated to your claim, prepare both written submission before the hearing. In some case, after going through your submission, they withdraw. Work with your lawyer
Yes it is because of not disclosing my visa refusal. I have prepared a written submission and hoping all goes well. Thanks for your advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Minister intervene just because of 1 failure to disclose seems unusual. Is it due to the contents of the applications? What refusal did you not declare? Had you attempted to get asylum elsewhere?