+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ministers intervention

Rash20

Oct 26, 2020
Hi all,

I had a hearing twice and awaiting a decision for over 10 months now. Just received a letter stating the minister is intervening in my case and is calling for another hearing.

Any idea why this might happen and how soon is that often done?

Any help will be appreciated

Reactions: luckyrefugee

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I had a hearing twice and awaiting a decision for over 10 months now. Just received a letter stating the minister is intervening in my case and is calling for another hearing.

There is clearly an objection to you qualifying to apply for asylum or to your application or reasons for seeking asylum. Has your lawyer suggested what she/he suspects is the issue? Very hard for anyone to comment with such minimal information.

Rash20

Oct 26, 2020
Thank you canuck78, I really appreciate. My lawyer said it might be because of identification problem. She's however not very sure why. I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping its nothing alarming

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi all,

I was having same situation. i was scheduled for a hearing on 22nd May and i got a letter that Minister wants to interveen. Due to two reason. 1. I worked for my home country Government and secondly due to my high employement status in the third country from where i left for Canada. The hearing was postponed and then i got another letter that the minister dont want to continue with intervention and then they sent me a new hearing date on 22nd August. Which went positive . So best of luck. The situations are changed from case to case but i dont think would be a big problem for you either.

Rash20

Oct 26, 2020
Amazing! Super happy for you and thank you for your words of encouragement.

Atleast you had an idea while the minister wanted to intervene in your case. Mine didn't mention anything specific.
I"m not sure if they'll send me another letter to state that. That's where my curiosity stands.

Ulkar025

Dec 12, 2020
I was having same situation. i was scheduled for a hearing on 22nd May and i got a letter that Minister wants to interveen. Due to two reason. 1. I worked for my home country Government and secondly due to my high employement status in the third country from where i left for Canada. The hearing was postponed and then i got another letter that the minister dont want to continue with intervention and then they sent me a new hearing date on 22nd August. Which went positive . So best of luck. The situations are changed from case to case but i dont think would be a big problem for you either.
I had minister notice to intervene and he wrote his all exhibits there all problems. But hearing date TDB. Finally it is written minister representative will not present in hearing. Can I get positive decision in hearing?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had minister notice to intervene and he wrote his all exhibits there all problems. But hearing date TDB. Finally it is written minister representative will not present in hearing. Can I get positive decision in hearing?
Will depend on your grounds for asylum and proof.

Fiza.ali24

Dec 23, 2020
Hi
I had my hearing scheduled for today but got postponed yesterday and I received a letter that minister should intervene for full and proper hearing for Rule 27 intergrity issue. I am really stressed. Please advice what will be the next thing.

Ulkar025

Dec 12, 2020
Hi
I had my hearing scheduled for today but got postponed yesterday and I received a letter that minister should intervene for full and proper hearing for Rule 27 intergrity issue. I am really stressed. Please advice what will be the next thing.
I had rule 29 i dont know what is difference even. But 3 week passed now news still waiting

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
It means
For the purpose of this rule, claims in which the possibility that issues relating to the integrity of the Canadian refugee protection system may arise include those in which there is

• (a) information that the claim may have been made under a false identity in whole or in part;
  • (b) a substantial change to the basis of the claim from that indicated in the Basis of Claim Form first provided to the Division;
  • (c) information that, in support of the claim, the claimant submitted documents that may be fraudulent; or
  • (d) other information that the claimant may be directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter.
So, you know better if anything in your claim was not plausible

profugus

Nov 25, 2017
Hey, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I've been waiting for an admissibility hearing for 3 years now. So far they haven't even disclosed their concerns. I don't think it's due to COVID, it wasn't around for all this time.