+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Quebec Lost my docs and now they refused my file..help

RRR2204

Mar 5, 2017
I got intent to reject your CSQ file because I was lacking 1 point. I was given 3 months of time to submit any supporting document which can add up to my points. 18 January was my deadline to submit the documents. I sent my file in december. I have all the delivery proofs. I called around 15-16 times in immigration till next 2 months of sending my documents to ask if they received or not. The representatives are so rude. They never confirmed for me what the matter is. They just kept on saying "if you have delivered status from your courier service, its not a problem, your documents should be in the department. they will update your file when they open. Or they said its not mandatory to give "received" status on the file. So have patience" . I kept patience. After two months, One kind representative asked a question on my behalf to the immigration whether or not they have received my file or not. The immigration said they haven't received. So the representatives suggested to send the file again with the proofs. I sent. As soon they received my file, they refused my file. without even opening it.
Now I am going to do the administrative review. I am totally pissed off. I need guidance. What should be submitted in admin review? :mad: :mad:

Reactions: Am-s

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRR2204 said:
I got intent to reject your CSQ file because I was lacking 1 point. I was given 3 months of time to submit any supporting document which can add up to my points. 18 January was my deadline to submit the documents. I sent my file in december. I have all the delivery proofs. I called around 15-16 times in immigration till next 2 months of sending my documents to ask if they received or not. The representatives are so rude. They never confirmed for me what the matter is. They just kept on saying "if you have delivered status from your courier service, its not a problem, your documents should be in the department. they will update your file when they open. Or they said its not mandatory to give "received" status on the file. So have patience" . I kept patience. After two months, One kind representative asked a question on my behalf to the immigration whether or not they have received my file or not. The immigration said they haven't received. So the representatives suggested to send the file again with the proofs. I sent. As soon they received my file, they refused my file. without even opening it.
Now I am going to do the administrative review. I am totally pissed off. I need guidance. What should be submitted in admin review? :mad: :mad:
they have to send you a reason why they did not accept your new score

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
They let in a tonne of illegal refugees that will soon all get their PR and people like us that pay/work/study and contribute to Quebec as well as Canada have a hard time!! This is such bullshit to be honest......

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Nykro said:
They let in a tonne of illegal refugees that will soon all get their PR and people like us that pay/work/study and contribute to Quebec as well as Canada have a hard time!! This is such bullshit to be honest......
and how does this statement help Original Poster ?

Reactions: jman25

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
RRR2204 said:
Hello

Im sorry to hear this. However, I will need a bit more clarity.

In your original post you had indicated you were lacking 1 point and given some time to send in additional documents to give you an additional point. What is not clear is what you had submitted (or had to submit) to give you additional points, and if it was sufficient. beyond your requests and calls to find out if the file was received or not was the acceptance of the additional point and if you submitted significant proof to support your cause. Remember the assessment of your file depends on the officer reviewing your file and it's done on a case by case basis and if that person had receive your file but don't think it was satisfactory they have the ability to reject, and at this time they must say on which basis it was rejected. In addition, if they rejected your second submission they must indicate on which grounds your file was rejected (if late for example). I say this because if they give you a reason you will know exactly what area to challenge:

1) to challenge the officer refusing to give you an additional point or;
2) if you have to challenge that they received your file initially but didn't see it. But the second was seen and because it was beyond the date you were rejected outright.

For point 1 above, tell us what you had submitted that we can indicate if this was satisfactory or not. For point 2, for me I know there's human error and I always scanned documents on my phone (using camscanner) to have a back up in case something goes wrong (receipts, files, courrier documents etc). For this reason if Something occurred like point 2 above you can easily print those documents showing/highlighting dates that you submitted in the time given and what happen after was beyond your control.

Nevertheless, for your review, you must clearly show that the document you sent was satisfactory for the additional points in the first place and you must also illustrate with adequate proof that you submitted in the time given (fedex documents showing received, and when sent highlighting dates, tracking numbers, receipts showing dates, etc). Please indicate cover letter outlining exactly what happened - with the telephone calls, that's a loss because you won't be able to verify this however, if you sent emails this should also have a trace of you requesting information from them. Remember make a copy of those documents you're sending for the review, Good luck.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
RRR2204 said:

Sorry to hear about this. First of all they need to tell you why it was rejected. Is it because the supporting document you first sent was not enough to qualify you to the next level? Or is it because they did not see the first doc you sent and saw the second one you sent which was after the time line they gave you? IF its the second point then you need that meas they lost the first docs you sent and saw the second one then made their decision with it. MIDI will never admit they lost your document. Let me share with you my experience .

I received an intent to refuse. as usual they said i failed preliminary review etc etc. also told me what to do to get those points and they also sent my preliminary evaluation sheet. i did as they recommended and sent the response 6 weeks after and well delivered. I always keep copies of all files i send to MIDI. months past i heard nothing from them, i keep calling and all they see in their system is that they received a file but dont know what file its is ( which is not normal because once they get a file the subject is noted and they should tell you that) . 13 months past and guess what, I got the same intent to refuse signed by a different officer with the same reasons as the previous one. my evaluation sheet was the same , same date and done by same officer,in short they sent me the same letter asking me the same things they asked 13 months earlier. Now i was very irrate. This is very contracting to their procedures. I wrote them a 2 page letter( in french this time) telling them how confused i am right now. Ask them how they could send me the same doc they requested 13 months earlier, and this makes me think they did not evaluate me with the new files i sent if at all they saw it. Also after and intent to refuse there are 3 options as per their site;its either the csq, interview or denial. not another intent to refuse.I sent them copies of all documents( not original as i have them no more) plus proof of delivery and asked them to use those to analyse my file and tell me exactly what is going one with my file. At this point i didn't care of losing the csq.i have already spent over 4 years running behind this csq and am tired, am an outland applicant , i have a good and stable life where i am and also i come to Canada anytime i want to see friends and family. my letter was well delivered with proof. 6 weeks later i got my CSQ in the mail .

We are all humans and make mistakes. they may have lost your file or evaluated you wrongly. When you do your admin review. make sure that you lay out everything. Send everything which you think will back you up. The good thing is that your admin review file goes to a different department and reviewed by a different person who makes a decision. You are on the advantage because its not your initial immigration officer who handles your review. when a decision is made the admin review officer send notes to your initial officer with instructions. at this time your primary officer is not the onewho makes the decisions he just executes instructions, either to issue csq or or schedule interview or deny review. A friend was denied csq because his certified degree certificate was signed on one side despite the fact he wrote and explained with proofs that in our country no government official signs on both sides of a document when certifying docs.its the law in our country even the governor wrote a note to accompany the certified degree that he is only allowed to sign on one side by law. Despite all this the MIDI officer still refused the csq for lack of points as he could not give points to the degree as he said it was not in the format quebec requested. This my friend sent an admin review and he was given an interview to come show the original degree. he did and that was it, he got the csq in his hand right there.

All this is to tell you not to be discouraged. go ahead and do the admin review. Make sure to provide everything you thing will help

Reactions: Am-s

RRR2204

Mar 5, 2017
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. To the persons who took time to reply me thanks.
After I got intend to reject in October, I submitted them my new IELTS score and My masters degree certificate. With my new IELTS score, I was in good condition to cover my lacking 1 point.
For these documents sent this time(in early December), i had delivery confirmation. But when I asked them by calling them, they kept on saying be patient, if you have proof of delivery, your file must be in immigration and they will update when they open it.
Till 2 months(till feb) I did not see any update on my file.
When they sent me intend to reject in October, they wrote in letter that if you do not send your documents by given deadline time, this letter itself will be your refusal letter.
So assuming from their side, they did not get my file.
When I resent my documents, they updated refusal status on my file. Reason they never informed me on email or post. I called in immigration and they told me because we received on 22 Feb which was out of time, its refused. And hence also i don't have enough points(according to the first assessment when they sent me Intend to reject).
Now I have asked from them to send me the refusal letter and I am waiting for that letter to do Admin review.
One more question, Do i send all the documents again for Admin review or only the proofs, cover letter and My Ielts score and degree.?

RRR2204

Mar 5, 2017
Now Immigration refused to give me refusal letter stating only this reason "Because you did not submit your documents on time, your file is refused." :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JS_SANDHU83

Aug 14, 2016

GUYS TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW. QUEBEC IMMIGRATION HAVE LOST ALL MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO SEND. CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE VERY RUDE NOW.
THEY HAVE LOST FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
1) MASTER DEGREE AND TRANSCRIPTS
2) BACHELORS DEGREE AND TRANSCRPITS.
I AM IN A BUSINESSPEOPLE CATAGORY. THEY JUST WANT YOUR FEE/MONEY AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU.
NOW I AM IN A MESS, UNIVERSITY IS NOT ISSUING NEW DEGREE, EVEN IF THEY DO IT WILL SAY COPY ON IT.

THEY HAVE RUINED MY LIFE TIME EARNING MY DOCUMENTS, THEN ALSO MY HARD-EARNED INVESTMENT MONEY AND NOW THEY ARE TALKING LIKE A BOSS. A CHEAP IDIOT CUSTOMER REP TALKS LIKE A BOSS TO YOU.

I SUGGEST EVERYONE THAT DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHATEVER THAY SAY.
HERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER : SO YOU GUYS CAN ACTUALLY SEE WHAT I MEAN. THEY DON'T EVEN SAY SORRY OR RESPND TO YOUR EMAILS PROPERLY.
I AM SO PISSED OF NOW
ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE ?
HERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER :
EA 266 342 641

AFTER LOOSING MY DOCUMENTS THIS IS THE ONLY REPLY I GOT BACK FROM THEM

SO IN THIS EMAIL THEY SAY EVEN THOUGH TRACKING NUMBER SHOWS DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED BUT THEY STILL DONT HAVE.
WHAT THE F.. ARE THEY JOKING ?

IF YOU GUYS REALLY WANT TO IMMIGRATE SOMEWHERE, DON'T APPLY TO QUEBEC. IT IS NOT GOOD PLACE. EVEN I HAVE TRAVELLED THERE. THEY ARE SO RUDE AND POOR SYSTEM. PLEASE AVOID QUEBEC AT ALL COSTS.

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
GUYS TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW. QUEBEC IMMIGRATION HAVE LOST ALL MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO SEND. CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE VERY RUDE NOW.
THEY HAVE LOST FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
1) MASTER DEGREE AND TRANSCRIPTS
2) BACHELORS DEGREE AND TRANSCRPITS.
I AM IN A BUSINESSPEOPLE CATAGORY. THEY JUST WANT YOUR FEE/MONEY AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU.
NOW I AM IN A MESS, UNIVERSITY IS NOT ISSUING NEW DEGREE, EVEN IF THEY DO IT WILL SAY COPY ON IT.

THEY HAVE RUINED MY LIFE TIME EARNING MY DOCUMENTS, THEN ALSO MY HARD-EARNED INVESTMENT MONEY AND NOW THEY ARE TALKING LIKE A BOSS. A CHEAP IDIOT CUSTOMER REP TALKS LIKE A BOSS TO YOU.

I SUGGEST EVERYONE THAT DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHATEVER THAY SAY.
HERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER : SO YOU GUYS CAN ACTUALLY SEE WHAT I MEAN. THEY DON'T EVEN SAY SORRY OR RESPND TO YOUR EMAILS PROPERLY.
I AM SO PISSED OF NOW
ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM ANYONE ?
HERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER :
EA 266 342 641 HK

AFTER LOOSING MY DOCUMENTS THIS IS THE ONLY REPLY I GOT BACK FROM THEM

Monsieur,
Nous sommes à la recherche des documents que vous nous avez envoyé, par contre, il est difficile pour nous de confirmer qu'ils ont été reçus à nos bureaux puisque le suivi des documents n'indique pas l'adresse de livraison. Nous vous tiendrons au courant de la suite,
Cordialement,

SO IN THIS EMAIL THEY SAY EVEN THOUGH TRACKING NUMBER SHOWS DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED BUT THEY STILL DONT HAVE.
WHAT THE F.. ARE THEY JOKING ?

IF YOU GUYS REALLY WANT TO IMMIGRATE SOMEWHERE, DON'T APPLY TO QUEBEC. IT IS NOT AGOOD PLACE. EVEN I HAVE TRAVELLED THERE. THEY ARE SO RUDE AND POOR SYSTEM. PLEASE AVOID QUEBEC AT ALL COSTS.
I agree. Some of the third worlds governments are better off than Quebec Govt.. Corrupt and racist bunch of hogs

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Why don't you guys contact CBC for instance. Try to make a media story out of this. It is ridiculous that they lose documents, that because you submitted on time but they lost it, they refuse your application.

But what I don't understand is why would you submit your one and only authentic diploma, when they want a certified true copy? Because in any case they will not return your documents EVER, so any originals will be lost. That's why they ask for certified copies.

JS_SANDHU83

Aug 14, 2016
Hey just to update you guys.
After sending long email written in french, finally a nice lady responded and said , Yes we found your documents, Thanks to God.

@ Betula : Brother they sent me special letter stating that i need to send my original degrees to them and they also promised in letter that they will post back my documents in registered mail. I have sent notarized copies but they wanted to original. They have found my doc so i believe now its not really a good idea to go media.

So these most 5 important things, If you need send your documents to them,

1) If they loose your documents they will simply refuse your file. More ofter than not, they will communicate AFTER refusing your file.
2) If you communicate in French they will respond much faster and follow up your request. They don't like to talk or respond properly in english.
3) What ever courier method you use, MUST make sure it requires signature upon delivery. Some time speed post does not require it which can create a mess for you. Better to use DHL etc,
4) MUST keep your original receipt of postage. This thing saved me this time. Otherwise they will shout SIR NO WE DON'T HAVE YOUR DOCs.
5) UTTERMOST important thing. MUST call them to make sure that they have received your documents before your deadline date.Don't just keep on waiting. If the answer for you is no we didn't get it. If this happens , Do not stop send a polite email written in french and send one every week and call until they follow up. Because later they will blem you when they refuse and say no you didn't send.
Finally, If you are eligible to apply in any other province then avoid Quebec. Others are must faster and organized than them.

Reactions: sunnymks

JS_SANDHU83

Aug 14, 2016
Brother if you know french, If if you know just little bit. Take alliance franc test and send at least A1 test if they say you lack points again. They Do prefer people who can communicate in french. and this time keep on following up and if possible communicate in french email. However they do respond to english emails but i personally feel that they are more polite with french.
Yes you can do it, Trust in god he helps. I just came out of this problem after a little bit of a struggle. So when you follow up they will listen you. Just be patient and keep your self but in you current work and as well as following with MIDI. Because for me this waiting game was very difficult. So just follow up with MIDI and relax. It will be perfect and you will get your CSQ soon.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Hey just to update you guys.
After sending long email written in french, finally a nice lady responded and said , Yes we found your documents, Thanks to God.

@ Betula : Brother they sent me special letter stating that i need to send my original degrees to them and they also promised in letter that they will post back my documents in registered mail. I have sent notarized copies but they wanted to original. They have found my doc so i believe now its not really a good idea to go media.

So these most 5 important things, If you need send your documents to them,

1) If they loose your documents they will simply refuse your file. More ofter than not, they will communicate AFTER refusing your file.
2) If you communicate in French they will respond much faster and follow up your request. They don't like to talk or respond properly in english.
3) What ever courier method you use, MUST make sure it requires signature upon delivery. Some time speed post does not require it which can create a mess for you. Better to use DHL etc,
4) MUST keep your original receipt of postage. This thing saved me this time. Otherwise they will shout SIR NO WE DON'T HAVE YOUR DOCs.
5) UTTERMOST important thing. MUST call them to make sure that they have received your documents before your deadline date.Don't just keep on waiting. If the answer for you is no we didn't get it. If this happens , Do not stop send a polite email written in french and send one every week and call until they follow up. Because later they will blem you when they refuse and say no you didn't send.
Finally, If you are eligible to apply in any other province then avoid Quebec. Others are must faster and organized than them.
Congratulations a lot dear and wish you all the best for the future,. May you get your CSQ Soon.

Am-s

Dec 18, 2017
Well I have same story. I applied in November 2016 and ongoing process and eventually when last supporting documents were asked as if file changes to acclaim points I was missing 1 point . I sent the docs and got confirmation. But helpline never gave absolute reply to my question. And now they closed file because they didn’t revive docs . I have all proofs, I don’t why they are doing as this seems very unfair Pratice, it’s not legit. I didn’t even get any refusal letter or official document so I get to know it has been refused and apply for administrative review. .
I don’t really know where to go on this earth when no one is able to answer your right question. Did you get any updates now ..