+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS requirements

Sami.fahim

Sep 12, 2023
Dear All, I am 38 years old. In IELTS, I have scored 6 in writing, and 7 in listening, reading, and speaking. When I use the Check Eligibility tool, it shows me that I am not eligible for Express Entry application (Skilled Workers). To find out what is the reason for why I cannot apply, I tried again and tried to make the writing score as 6.5, the tool ended up showing that I am eligible!
My question: with 6 in Writing and 7 in other test parts (and overall band score is 7), can I create and submit an application on Express Entry (Skilled Workers) and gain points?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All, I am 38 years old. In IELTS, I have scored 6 in writing, and 7 in listening, reading, and speaking. When I use the Check Eligibility tool, it shows me that I am not eligible for Express Entry application (Skilled Workers). To find out what is the reason for why I cannot apply, I tried again and tried to make the writing score as 6.5, the tool ended up showing that I am eligible!
My question: with 6 in Writing and 7 in other test parts (and overall band score is 7), can I create and submit an application on Express Entry (Skilled Workers) and gain points?
You need 67 points to be eligible for EE. Do you have 67 points. You cannot change your IELTS scores unless you have that IELTS score.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The reason why you are not eligible for Express Entry is likely that you don't meet the minimum 67 points under the FSW points system. Assuming this is the reason, you need to increase your FSW score to achieve the minimum 67 point point before you can submit an Express Entry profile. The easiest way to increase your points is to re-write IELTS and achieve higher test results.

Sami.fahim

Sep 12, 2023
The reason why you are not eligible for Express Entry is likely that you don't meet the minimum 67 points under the FSW points system. Assuming this is the reason, you need to increase your FSW score to achieve the minimum 67 point point before you can submit an Express Entry profile. The easiest way to increase your points is to re-write IELTS and achieve higher test results.
Thank you. How can I make sure of my FSW points?
Thank you. I used a FSW calculator and I scored exactly 67!

Sami.fahim

Sep 12, 2023
Thank you. How can I calculate the FSW points?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. How can I make sure of my FSW points?

Thank you. I used a FSW calculator and I scored exactly 67!
In that case there is another reason why you are not eligible for Express Entry. This means either you don't meet one of the minimum criteria - or you have answered one or more questions incorrectly in your profile.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. How can I calculate the FSW points?
You just said you already calculated and got 67 points. Why are you now asking how to calculate?

Sami.fahim

Sep 12, 2023
You just said you already calculated and got 67 points. Why are you now asking how to calculate?
I am sorry, I am just disappointed. I answered this before I was able to calculate. I have calculated it again now and found it is 66 :(
I just needed the writing test to be 6.5 instead of 6 to be eligible. Sorry for any inconvenience :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am sorry, I am just disappointed. I answered this before I was able to calculate. I have calculated it again now and found it is 66 :(
I just needed the writing test to be 6.5 instead of 6 to be eligible. Sorry for any inconvenience :(
In the meantime look at other ways to increase your CRS score. 67 is just to be eligible. You need a high CRS score for ITA.

Reactions: Sami.fahim

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's the issue then. You will not be able to submit an Express Entry profile until you increase your score to 67. Rewrite IELTS as soon as you can and achieve a higher score.

Reactions: Sami.fahim

Sami.fahim

Sep 12, 2023
In the meantime look at other ways to increase your CRS score. 67 is just to be eligible. You need a high CRS score for ITA.
Yes, I see. May you please refer me to some suggestions of how to increase the CRS - in addition to improving the language test?. I know that gaining a Canadian degree and working one year there will increase the CRS and potentially might lead to Provincial Nominee. However, I do not have the budget to move to Canada for study. And, gaining a job offer while I am still outside Canada and out of the EE pool is very hard.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I see. May you please refer me to some suggestions of how to increase the CRS - in addition to improving the language test?. I know that gaining a Canadian degree and working one year there will increase the CRS and potentially might lead to Provincial Nominee. However, I do not have the budget to move to Canada for study. And, gaining a job offer while I am still outside Canada and out of the EE pool is very hard.
Learn French.