+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC processing times 2013

cronky

Apr 25, 2013
andyray85 said:
hey, yeh I'm still waiting for my LOI

CIC requested that I send them a police check from Australia which I did 2 weeks ago, and I haven't heard back from them, they didn't even send me a confirmation email, but it said that it uploaded successfully when I did it

it's been 3 full months since I first applied through IEC, I was hoping to be in Canada by now
thanks andyray85. good to know that others are in the same position.

Guess its just a waiting game? I can't find any contact details anywhere?!!

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
PurplePanther said:
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help..
I had been waiting 10 wks for news on my work permit.
I sent my application on Feb 18th to CIC
I called the hotline numerous times.
Again today and they tell me that my application was approved on Monday, 2 days ago.
However there is no update or LOI in my CIC account.
Anyone had this issue or have any suggestions on what to do next?
The lady gave me the email address to write to for tech problems but they also take 10 days to respond. I don't have 10 days to wait...
how did you find out its been approved?? I mean what no. did you call???

Mittie

Apr 8, 2013
I'm still waiting. Needed to resubmit my stuff with the FBI PCC. Hope I will hear back from CIC soon.

awarewolf1

Apr 26, 2013
i have a welcome to canada letter from IEC stating that cic have issued a LOI but I haven't received this as yet. Is there a delay? anyone else in this situation? have sent e mail to cic but no reply as yet.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
awarewolf1 said:
i have a welcome to canada letter from IEC stating that cic have issued a LOI but I haven't received this as yet. Is there a delay? anyone else in this situation? have sent e mail to cic but no reply as yet.
sign in to your mycic account and check your messages. it comes into your mycic inbox.
i never got a confirmation from cic that they issued and sent my LOI.

andyray85

Mar 11, 2013
I just received my POE from MYCIC.(took 3 months in total)

Does anyone know how long until I hear from IEC about the final decision?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
andyray85 said:
I just received my POE from MYCIC.(took 3 months in total)

Does anyone know how long until I hear from IEC about the final decision?
POE or LOI? Once you receive your LOI from CIC you're good to go. I'm already back in Canada on my
new IEC visa and NEVER heard back from IEC after CIC issued my LOI.
So don't wait for IEC. All you need is the LOI.

andyray85

Mar 11, 2013
iam_toby said:
POE or LOI? Once you receive your LOI from CIC you're good to go. I'm already back in Canada on my
new IEC visa and NEVER heard back from IEC after CIC issued my LOI.
So don't wait for IEC. All you need is the LOI.
It says it's a POE Introduction letter? I'm guessing it's the same as a LOI?

It's a letter that says 'Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.'

Am I good to go? Because on IEC it still says final decision 'pending'

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
andyray85 said:
It says it's a POE Introduction letter? I'm guessing it's the same as a LOI?

It's a letter that says 'Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved.'

Am I good to go? Because on IEC it still says final decision 'pending'
Ya, that's your LOI and all you need to enter Canada. As I've said, I'm already back in Canada on my IEC visa and
my IEC status still says pending. I emailed IEC in that matter before my trip and they said, that as long as I have the
LOI I'm good to go.

andyray85

Mar 11, 2013
iam_toby said:
Ya, that's your LOI and all you need to enter Canada. As I've said, I'm already back in Canada on my IEC visa and
my IEC status still says pending. I emailed IEC in that matter before my trip and they said, that as long as I have the
LOI I'm good to go.
Thanks

alt10

Jan 21, 2013
Athens
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andyray85 said:
Are you able to leave and enter Canada again whilst on the IEC programme?
Sure , you can do it unlimited times within the year running.

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
jaywilco said:
To follow up with that, the response we got from CIC says:

" The situation you have described is the result of a technical problem with the Come to Canada online tool. We are currently looking into it and will resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Until the situation is resolved, you should enter your country of nationality for the following question:

What is your current country of residence?

However, when filling out the IMM form, you should respond accurately. "

So if there is anyone else out there that this has happened to, I recommend getting your police check and other documents in check in order to reapply.

I guess that will be me as well then, as I did the exact same thing as your boyfriend, seeing as I am already in Canada. If it is a fault in the system, how can they make you reapply?? I have already been waiting to hear from them for weeks now as is. I submitted my application to CIC on the 16th of February and not a single word...

Does the police check have to be in English? Also, if I have been in Canada for more than a year, I suppose I also need a Canadian police check document? Over this.