Hey guys ,
That's my timeline:

IEC Submitted: Feb 28th
IEC Proof of Payment received: March 8th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 11th
CIC Application Submitted: March 22th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 22th
CIC LOI received: :eek: :eek: :eek: :-X :-X :-X

Do you we have anyone from Greece here ?
I want to ask something if you are in Canada and you get your LOI while you are a visitor whats the dedication you have to follow? Do we need to get out of borders (Buffalo etc) and come back in Canada ?
What kind of insurance do they need to show them ? And the amount of 2500$ I have to keep it with me ?

canadiara

Jan 17, 2013
alt10 said:
Hey guys ,
That's my timeline:

IEC Submitted: Feb 28th
IEC Proof of Payment received: March 8th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 11th
CIC Application Submitted: March 22th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 22th
CIC LOI received: :eek: :eek: :eek: :-X :-X :-X

Do you we have anyone from Greece here ?
I want to ask something if you are in Canada and you get your LOI while you are a visitor whats the dedication you have to follow? Do we need to get out of borders (Buffalo etc) and come back in Canada ?
What kind of insurance do they need to show them ? And the amount of 2500$ I have to keep it with me ?
geia sou. i'm having the same problem as you. i'm here on a visitor visa and i want to leave the borders and enter again. i have already acquired the esta approval from usa. as for the health insurance, i haven't started one yet, but will do so first thing monday morning. i looked for insurances from home, but they can't provide you any if you're not staying at least 6 months in greece, i talked (emailed) to almost all the major companies, except alico. i'm looking into pacific blue cross https://travelweb.pac.bluecross.ca/travelweb/default.aspx it's the cheapest. as for the $ i already have an account in canada, so i won't be bringing any cash with me.
it is really troubling me as well how to leave and enter the country again. someone that is doing the program for the second time could tell us how they did it.

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
iam_toby said:
Minimum processing time for NY office is 30 days. If everythings ok with your application you should have your
LOI by the end of this week.
Did you submit any other police certificates in addition to the one from Germany?
Still waiting for any kind of response...

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013 (Uploaded 21-05-2013)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
COPR received on 7th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
DanPGermany said:
Did you submit any other police certificates in addition to the one from Germany?
Still waiting for any kind of response...
Same here Dan, no reply from anyone other than the Canadian Consulate in NYC who confirmed they have my application and that it will be processed in line with the other applicants.

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
IrishinCanada said:
Same here Dan, no reply from anyone other than the Canadian Consulate in NYC who confirmed they have my application and that it will be processed in line with the other applicants.
It's killing me.... The timeliness of 6 weeks for cic is pretty much done...

So i have been living in the US for the past 5 years but I am a German citizen. So I submitted a German police certificate but not a US one. I read more and more about ppl needing police certificates from countries they have been in for more then 6 months. Cic didn't contact me that I need anything but should I apply for one just on case?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
DanPGermany said:
It's killing me.... The timeliness of 6 weeks for cic is pretty much done...

So i have been living in the US for the past 5 years but I am a German citizen. So I submitted a German police certificate but not a US one. I read more and more about ppl needing police certificates from countries they have been in for more then 6 months. Cic didn't contact me that I need anything but should I apply for one just on case?
Cic will eventually want to see an fbi police report. That can take a long time to obtain due to them being already bqcklogged and the need to get figerprints.

Pretty sure yr going to need one. I had to give one from oz!

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
Gary_87 said:
Cic will eventually want to see an fbi police report. That can take a long time to obtain due to them being already bqcklogged and the need to get figerprints.

What's oz?

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
Gary_87 said:

It's gonna take 6 weeks to get an FBI report... Definitely gonna get one. I've already been waiting for 6 weeks to hear from cic. Will I not get the LOI until I get an fbi report?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
DanPGermany said:
It's gonna take 6 weeks to get an FBI report... Definitely gonna get one. I've already been waiting for 6 weeks to hear from cic. Will I not get the LOI until I get an fbi report?
Oz is australia.

You will need the police report. Cic will eventually ask you for it and won't issue you a loi until you provide it.

I'm 99% certain.

maarcs

Apr 3, 2013
Seriously? You are worried? So then what should we - Latvians do?

28.02 Registration opened;
28.02 Applied and payed;
01.03 Got approval of payment;

haven't heard since then...

so what should we think?

our neighbours Lithuanians whose IEC application process opened one day before us are waiting for final decision while we haven't got though the first phase..

Jojomojo

Apr 3, 2013
Me and my boyfriend applied from Ireland, sent in cic stuff on Feb 23rd, the wait is agonising! Were hoping to travel end of this month so really hope they come through.

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
Jojomojo said:
Me and my boyfriend applied from Ireland, sent in cic stuff on Feb 23rd, the wait is agonising! Were hoping to travel end of this month so really hope they come through.
I've been waiting since February 21st to hear back from cic.... you're not alone. Let me know when you hear anything.

jaywilco

Apr 3, 2013
Im Canadian and my boyfriend is Dutch. He arrived beginning of July last year on the working holiday visa and we are now applying for the young professionals visa (from within Canada). Here is our timeline so far... still waiting on the LOI.

IEC Submitted: Feb 23rd
IEC Proof of Payment received: March 4th
IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter received: March 7th
CIC Application Submitted: March 7th
CIC Submission Confirmation: March 7th
CIC LOI received: .....

More info on the process from CICs side can be found here: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

IrishinCanada

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2012
AOR Received.
21-08-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS Completed
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013 (Uploaded 21-05-2013)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2013
I contacted the IEC team in Ireland about the delays, as I've been waiting since the 6th February. I got a ridiculous, nonsensical reply. See below:

For information concerning implied status, please visit the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at

www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=474&t=1. You can also contact CIC at question@cic.gc.ca.

If you are already in Canada and wish to contact CIC, please call 1-888-242‑2100.

DanPGermany

Mar 20, 2013
IrishinCanada said:
I contacted the IEC team in Ireland about the delays, as I've been waiting since the 6th February. I got a ridiculous, nonsensical reply. See below:

For information concerning implied status, please visit the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at

www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=474&t=1. You can also contact CIC at question @ cic.gc.ca.

If you are already in Canada and wish to contact CIC, please call 1-888-242‑2100.
Did you submit to IEC or CIC on February 6th?

I got the same kind of response when I emailed CIC Germany....