+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Unknowingly overstayed in with expired study permit over a month after 90 days restoration time.

Dec 17, 2018
Hi,
Myself Madhu. I Unknowingly overstayed in with expired study permit over a month after 90 days restoration time.Now I returned back to India.I really want to return back to Canada with a study permit and after study I want to apply for postgraduate work permit and apply for permanent residence.I want to know any experiences. Is this overstay will affect my goals. I did not worked or studied after 90days of restoration? please give me any suggestions

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Myself Madhu. I Unknowingly overstayed in with expired study permit over a month after 90 days restoration time.Now I returned back to India.I really want to return back to Canada with a study permit and after study I want to apply for postgraduate work permit and apply for permanent residence.I want to know any experiences. Is this overstay will affect my goals. I did not worked or studied after 90days of restoration? please give me any suggestions
Hi

Then you overstayed 4 months. There is no status granted during the 90 days in which a person can apply for Restoration.

Yes, the overstay will likely affect any application you submit. You should remain in India and re-establish your ties there before trying to apply to come to Canada again.

Dec 17, 2018
How many months i want to be in india, before reapplying for my student visa.If i stayed long it will make a break after studying which will affect my student visa.i hope to hear from you soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Did you study and/or working DURING the 90 days when you were out of status?

To qualify for a PGWP, your studies must be continuous. You will need to obtain a new study permit and start studying a brand new program in Canada and complete that program as a full time student to qualify for a PGWP.

Dec 17, 2018
My study permit expired on July 31 2018. But I did my paid internship upto August 31.After that I came back to school and I studied upto November 30. Then I left Canada on December 7 .
I want to know am I able to apply for study permit.
I hope to hear from you soon.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Did you have a co-op work permit for the time you worked? If not you were working illegally and that could possibly affect your future applications.In your first post you said you did not work, but now you say you have.

Dec 17, 2018
I did have a coop work permit but it was upto 2018 July 31. I did my coop upto August 31.
I thought that it is in my restoration time. But I did not did my restoration. I aware that coop work permit and study permit got expired only on November 2018.
I hope to hear from you soon

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I did have a coop work permit but it was upto 2018 July 31. I did my coop upto August 31.
I thought that it is in my restoration time. But I did not did my restoration. I aware that coop work permit and study permit got expired only on November 2018.
I hope to hear from you soon
You are not making any sense now. When did the permits expire? July 31st 2018 or November 2018?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So you only realized that they expired 4 months after they expired. As other posters have said, this will likely affect future applications, as you have been working and living here illegally.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Just apply that the only thing you can do now, answer the questions honestly. Your overstay will be one of the factors considered.

Jagograhkjago

Sep 23, 2019
Hi,
Hi , What happen in your case ? Did you got study permit again ? please let me know as I'm on same shoe. looking forward to hear from you soon.

Jagograhkjago

Sep 23, 2019
Hi,
Hey Madhu, I'm in same situation. Can you please reply what happen in your case. As it will give me bit of faith. Please, as I am looking forward to hear from you. Your reply would highly be appreciated.