+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have been asked for additional documents. What should I do?

tanaazd

Apr 15, 2024
I applied for my PR under the CEC skill worker class. I recently got an additional document request and was asked to submit my T4, payslips and a new shedule A IMM 5669 form. As I was an independant contractor at some jobs, I do not have my payslips or T4. Is it okay if I submit my notice of assessment to show I have filed taxes for all my income and attach bank statements? They gave me 30 days to submit everything. Should I also get a lawyer involved? Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my PR under the CEC skill worker class. I recently got an additional document request and was asked to submit my T4, payslips and a new shedule A IMM 5669 form. As I was an independant contractor at some jobs, I do not have my payslips or T4. Is it okay if I submit my notice of assessment to show I have filed taxes for all my income and attach bank statements? They gave me 30 days to submit everything. Should I also get a lawyer involved? Please help.
If you were a contractor and didn’t get T4 then were you self employed? Self employment doesn’t count as Canadian experience. On each paystub did you get EI, CPP deduced and were you an employee of the company? NOA is not enough as IRCC has concerns you were self employed.

tanaazd

Apr 15, 2024
Makes sense! I did however disclose it in my job experience earlier when I applied for my PR and all the companies that I worked for were additional part time jobs to my full time employment.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Makes sense! I did however disclose it in my job experience earlier when I applied for my PR and all the companies that I worked for were additional part time jobs to my full time employment.
Did you count any Canadian self employment as Canadian work experience? That is the issue.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You may want to consider getting a lawyer involved. It sounds like you were self employed. Self employment cannot be counted towards CEC. A lawyer cannot fix the situation if you don't qualify but they can help you give the best response possible to the ADR. Good luck.

Reactions: Taran D

tanaazd

Apr 15, 2024
So I did reach out to my lawyer and had to write an explanation letter highlighting which jobs I had on payroll and that based on those I qualify for CEC. Im still wondering about how long would they take to get back to me for next steps.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I did reach out to my lawyer and had to write an explanation letter highlighting which jobs I had on payroll and that based on those I qualify for CEC. Im still wondering about how long would they take to get back to me for next steps.
There are no timelines. IRCC asked for proof of employment with T4s not letter of explanation. You had to prove you were an employee of the company not a contractor.