+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got declined!

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Or it's possible they gave you the wrong refusal template. Not sure how you can counter-check the application number though, if you applied by paper.

Also, I don't think it's possible to apply for an eTA by paper, is it? It seems like eTA applications are online only.
I don't know really. VAC should have corrected it anyway. In that case what should I do next?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I don't know really. VAC should have corrected it anyway. In that case what should I do next?
VAC is not obligated to correct it, really. I honestly think your application was indeed processed as a TRV application as you say, because eTA applications are not accepted by paper, which is what you did.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Email the Manila VO at MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and mention you did not get a correct refusal letter, include a copy of the refusal you got, request for a correct refusal letter.
2. But if you want the real reasons for refusal, you can also ask for your sister's help to apply for your case notes: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
3. Mention in detail your particulars for your application (bank accounts, job, if you are comfortable) so we can try to help you understand why you were refused.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What I did was I applied by paper and I dont think it's possible to have been applied for an eTa right?
That's correct. If you applied as a paper submission then you had applied for a TRV and not an eTA.

It's best if you follow through with the suggestions given by @bellaluna because you would need to know the correct refusal reasons before you can reapply

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
VAC is not obligated to correct it, really. I honestly think your application was indeed processed as a TRV application as you say, because eTA applications are not accepted by paper, which is what you did.

1. Email the Manila VO at MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and mention you did not get a correct refusal letter, include a copy of the refusal you got, request for a correct refusal letter.
2. But if you want the real reasons for refusal, you can also ask for your sister's help to apply for your case notes: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
3. Mention in detail your particulars for your application (bank accounts, job, if you are comfortable) so we can try to help you understand why you were refused.

Where should I email my particulars based on your suggestion number 3?Is it on the email mentioned in suggestion number 1?

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
That's correct. If you applied as a paper submission then you had applied for a TRV and not an eTA.

It's best if you follow through with the suggestions given by @bellaluna because you would need to know the correct refusal reasons before you can reapply
They sent back my other documents except for the documents coming from my sister and from my company. Any idea? And if I reapply should I acquire thise documents again?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They sent back my other documents except for the documents coming from my sister and from my company. Any idea? And if I reapply should I acquire thise documents again?
You would need to include a completely new set of documents when you reapply. The visa office will not return the documents which you had submitted earlier

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
You would need to include a completely new set of documents when you reapply. The visa office will not return the documents which you had submitted earlier
Ohh! So my sister will need to send again an invitation letter? That would take like months to arrive. (sigh) This is really unbecoming and knowing they got me an incorrect refusal letter. That should be an area of improvement for them too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ohh! So my sister will need to send again an invitation letter? That would take like months to arrive. (sigh) This is really unbecoming and knowing they got me an incorrect refusal letter. That should be an area of improvement for them too.
I would order your GCMS notes before you reapply to find out exactly why you were refused. The refusal letter is confusing since it mentions the ETA and tells you that you don't qualify for one. That makes it sound like your application was considered as an ETA (not TRV) application. It will take a month for the notes to arrive.

Reactions: markv006

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your sister can email the scanned signed invitation letter to you. That would suffice

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
I would order your GCMS notes before you reapply to find out exactly why you were refused. The refusal letter is confusing since it mentions the ETA and tells you that you don't qualify for one. That makes it sound like your application was considered as an ETA (not TRV) application. It will take a month for the notes to arrive.
What's GCMS? I'm sorry I don't really know some terms and acronyms. Does this happen before? I honeslty think that if they really had a mistake and considered my application as an eTa then they should compensate me atleast

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
What's GCMS? I'm sorry I don't really know some terms and acronyms. Does this happen before? I honeslty think that if they really had a mistake and considered my application as an eTa then they should compensate me atleast
GCMS = also the case notes, or the officer's notes about your application.
A bit more details on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

My suggestion #3 was to have you share your details on this forum so we can help you on your next application.

You're not going to get any compensation, even if it was IRCC's mistake. The decision to refuse your TRV application was likely correct, but they just gave you the wrong letter with the wrong reasons.

IRCC refuses eTAs all the time to people who they say are Canadian PRs even if they've never set foot in Canada before LOL.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
A bit more details on this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

My suggestion #3 was to have you share your details on this forum so we can help you on your next application.

You're not going to get any compensation, even if it was IRCC's mistake. The decision to refuse your TRV application was likely correct, but they just gave you the wrong letter with the wrong reasons.

IRCC refuses eTAs all the time to people who they say are Canadian PRs even if they've never set foot in Canada before LOL.
Urgg! I never intended and claimed I set foot in Canada though. Your making me more upset. That's not cool. Documents I submitted were indicated on the first part already.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018

Upon checking the refusal letter, I came acroos with these
*travel history
*purpose of visit and sufficient documentation to support your host's income and assets.

I am very sorry I had all of you confused. Please disregard the reasons earlier. These are the correct reasons they have. I did not notice it was supposed to be marked as X. lol