+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got declined!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Upon checking the refusal letter, I came acroos with these
*travel history
*purpose of visit and sufficient documentation to support your host's income and assets.

I am very sorry I had all of you confused. Please disregard the reasons earlier. These are the correct reasons they have. I did not notice it was supposed to be marked as X. lol
So what are your details for those? What is your travel history? What purpose of visit did you indicate?

Hey everyone, so now we know the refusal letters have that eTA paragraph, and people should check for the Xs.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
So what are your details for those? What is your travel history? What purpose of visit did you indicate?

Hey everyone, so now we know the refusal letters have that eTA paragraph, and people should check for the Xs.
My bad and I'm very sorry for the confusion. So I have no travel history to be honest and I could explain that when I reapply. Secondly I just only stated to bond with family and to visit spots in canada. It was very brief. For a thorough research I realized purpose of travel/visit should be in detail.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
My bad and I'm very sorry for the confusion. So I have no travel history to be honest and I could explain that when I reapply. Secondly I just only stated to bond with family and to visit spots in canada. It was very brief. For a thorough research I realized purpose of travel/visit should be in detail.
If you wish to re-apply again and still don't have any travel history then its useless. You will surely get denied again.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
If you wish to re-apply again and still don't have any travel history then its useless. You will surely get denied again.
Not necessarily. I know a lot of people applying from India who have never been to any other country and still got a visit visa for Canada within a few days.

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Travel history can be a factor, but it’s not as important as ties to one’s home country, such as a good job. Not sure yet if OP has one.

I still think that the advice you give, about travel history and applying for visas to other countries, is bad advice.

Reactions: Teolo28

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Not necessarily. I know a lot of people applying from India who have never been to any other country and still got a visit visa for Canada within a few days.
This is one factor I think plus employment. Well if you earning very good it could be..but in the case of the applicant, he don't have any travel history and his trying for Canada.. we know for a fact getting Canadian visa is not easy. So i will not be surprised if he/she re apply again if no chances on his his/her profile.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Travel history can be a factor, but it’s not as important as ties to one’s home country, such as a good job. Not sure yet if OP has one.

I still think that the advice you give, about travel history and applying for visas to other countries, is bad advice.
Hello @ bellaluna, based on the refusal letter is travel history and most common refusal reason. why not just build travel history then re-apply again? For me applying for visa esp canada and I don't have even one travel history, I am not confident at all.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
This is one factor I think plus employment. Well if you earning very good it could be..but in the case of the applicant, he don't have any travel history and his trying for Canada.. we know for a fact getting Canadian visa is not easy. So i will not be surprised if he/she re apply again if no chances on his his/her profile.
I think if the case is presented in such a way to prove that travel history in fact is not a problem there is a chance. one has to begin their travel history somewhere and as bellaluna said, if the rest of the application is very strong proving simply that he will return back to his home country after the visit then there would be no problem. Although, I can say officers make unjust decisions sometimes even if you have all of the proof.

If you haven't seen my posts, I was refused in August within 16 days and my application was strong without travel history. I travelled to Maldives afterwards which was already planned before I applied my Canada visa the first time and I reapplied using a representative who presented my case in a strategic way. Although I have been waiting 100 days due to security checks my eligibility has passed and I am hopeful of getting my visa soon! much better than getting refused in 16 days. When I get my visa I will post here and give hope to those who have little to no travel history:)

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Hi,

So in my case that I don't have any travel history, what reason for strong ties should I give more attention to details?I have not satisfied them that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay as temporary resident, that's I was marked X in travel history and purpose of travel. Should I explain further in the latter why I don't have travel history? Also, included there is an insufficient document with your/ your host's income and asset.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
I think if the case is presented in such a way to prove that travel history in fact is not a problem there is a chance. one has to begin their travel history somewhere and as bellaluna said, if the rest of the application is very strong proving simply that he will return back to his home country after the visit then there would be no problem. Although, I can say officers make unjust decisions sometimes even if you have all of the proof.

If you haven't seen my posts, I was refused in August within 16 days and my application was strong without travel history. I travelled to Maldives afterwards which was already planned before I applied my Canada visa the first time and I reapplied using a representative who presented my case in a strategic way. Although I have been waiting 100 days due to security checks my eligibility has passed and I am hopeful of getting my visa soon! much better than getting refused in 16 days. When I get my visa I will post here and give hope to those who have little to no travel history:)
Good you are lucky though.... but for me I am not confident in applying for TRV to Canada without having travel history. In this case that one of his refusal is travel history, how can he overcome on this?..

I agree. a lot of people are denied even if they have strong ties and even travel history.. The decision will still base on the officer who will assess all the applications. It could be your just luck i think...

Reactions: kira260

markv006

Feb 20, 2018

Hi Kira, what other strong documents you have aside from travel history to convince that a person will return to home country at the end of the period?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello @ bellaluna, based on the refusal letter is travel history and most common refusal reason. why not just build travel history then re-apply again? For me applying for visa esp canada and I don't have even one travel history, I am not confident at all.
Just IMO, trying to find a better job and build bank savings is "easier" and better than travelling for the sake of building a travel history...especially for people with families who would need to spend a lot more to tag along their families on their travels...they end up spending a lot more, when they should have just saved that money...and it will actually end up as a more convincing tie to one's home country, to have savings and stability.

What worked for you to get approved for a TRV may not necessarily work for someone else. Sure, we can notice a trend in profiles that get approved/rejected, and travel history is usually one of them. But overwhelmingly, socio-economic ties to one's home country will supersede any so-called travel history.

@markv006 : Based on the reasons of refusal you were given, I think you already realized you should have prepared a bit more on your itinerary and plans from Canada. What documents did you submit from your sister or parents? Maybe they should also give at least 4 months of bank statements and their COE, if you say they are funding your trip. Do submit also your own COE and bank statements.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Good you are lucky though.... but for me I am not confident in applying for TRV to Canada without having travel history. In this case that one of his refusal is travel history, how can he overcome on this?..

I agree. a lot of people are denied even if they have strong ties and even travel history.. The decision will still base on the officer who will assess all the applications. It could be your just luck i think...
Yeah I understand but I need to be there. But surely I will return.
Just IMO, trying to find a better job and build bank savings is "easier" and better than travelling for the sake of building a travel history...especially for people with families who would need to spend a lot more to tag along their families on their travels...they end up spending a lot more, when they should have just saved that money...and it will actually end up as a more convincing tie to one's home country, to have savings and stability.

What worked for you to get approved for a TRV may not necessarily work for someone else. Sure, we can notice a trend in profiles that get approved/rejected, and travel history is usually one of them. But overwhelmingly, socio-economic ties to one's home country will supersede any so-called travel history.

@markv006 : Based on the reasons of refusal you were given, I think you already realized you should have prepared a bit more on your itinerary and plans from Canada. What documents did you submit from your sister or parents? Maybe they should also give at least 4 months of bank statements and their COE, if you say they are funding your trip. Do submit also your own COE and bank statements.
Hi there @bellaluna that's the part where I have not prepared for it. I submitted my sister's evidence of income including her spouse, a letter from her employer, evidence of family size for host, and her birth certificate. As for my for parents they submit copies of land titles, my mom's bank statements , my father's statement when he received his retirement income. My sister will mainly fund my travel, My mom just wanted to include theirs just in case unexpected situation may arise. I also submitted all of my documents such as my COE, letter of approval from company that they allow me to travel, income tax, payslip for the last 6 months, 2 bank statements as I mentioned, 1 from payroll account and a savings account with Php100k on it.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yeah I understand but I need to be there. But surely I will return.

Hi there @bellaluna that's the part where I have not prepared for it. I submitted my sister's evidence of income including her spouse, a letter from her employer, evidence of family size for host, and her birth certificate. As for my for parents they submit copies of land titles, my mom's bank statements , my father's statement when he received his retirement income. My sister will mainly fund my travel, My mom just wanted to include theirs just in case unexpected situation may arise. I also submitted all of my documents such as my COE, letter of approval from company that they allow me to travel, income tax, payslip for the last 6 months, 2 bank statements as I mentioned, 1 from payroll account and a savings account with Php100k on it.
OK, that all sounds good. You can include a brief letter of explanation from you or your parents about them giving you some "backup" for your funds. In general, you should be able to show that you can afford the trip on your own (100k isn't enough) to be approved for a TRV, but also, I think Manila VO officers are a bit more lenient because they know these kinds of scenarios are common in Filipino culture. Good luck.

PS: I'd also suggest preparing a daily budget of your expenses of your travel, and the shares of where they will come from (e.g. food from your sis, pocket money from you, etc.).

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
@bellaluna I am reapplying and I will be submitting again all the documents may first week of April. Since most of the documents were not sent back to me I need acquire all of them again. But is it okay if I revise those documents, it should be detailed and strong this time. The only documents they sent back were from my parents, but that one I will no longer make any changes, same document I will send.