+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I didn't get points for having a valid job offer - Canadian Experience Class

brouhaha123

Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

Hoping someone will be able to help me out with this. I just created my Express Entry profile. My total points are coming out to be 499 but I noticed a couple of odd things.

I am currently working in a full time, permanent position on a Post-Graduate Work Permit since August 2022. I entered all the relevant details in my application. LMIA was not included because I don't require one but on the Express Entry Profile Status, in the valid job offer section on the page, it says " Valid Job Offer: not applicable". Can anyone please guide me as to why its refusing to give me any points?

When I was looking at the criteria for the valid job offer, I meet them. I have a full time, non seasonal job for one year and more from a Canadian employer and the job is exempt from needing an LMIA. Hoping someone can help provide clarification or help me out with this. It's incredibly stressful. Thank you in advance!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

Hoping someone will be able to help me out with this. I just created my Express Entry profile. My total points are coming out to be 499 but I noticed a couple of odd things.

I am currently working in a full time, permanent position on a Post-Graduate Work Permit since August 2022. I entered all the relevant details in my application. LMIA was not included because I don't require one but on the Express Entry Profile Status, in the valid job offer section on the page, it says " Valid Job Offer: not applicable". Can anyone please guide me as to why its refusing to give me any points?

When I was looking at the criteria for the valid job offer, I meet them. I have a full time, non seasonal job for one year and more from a Canadian employer and the job is exempt from needing an LMIA. Hoping someone can help provide clarification or help me out with this. It's incredibly stressful. Thank you in advance!!!
A PGWP is not a LMIA exempt permit. You don’t get the 50 points. You need to be on a closed work permit with approved LMIA exemption.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi all,

Does your job fall under:

you have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under:
  • an international agreement
  • a federal-provincial agreement
  • the “Canadian interests” category
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ah, so there's no way I can get those under the current work permit if I understand correctly?
Only if your employer gets an approved LMIA.

Reactions: brouhaha123