+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to return CBP-I94A Departure Record Form (USA)

NARESHB14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-14
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 23 dec
Nomination.....
PER: 02-19-2015
AOR Received.
03 -16-2015 from Warsaw VO
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line update on 15 April
Med's Request
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 & 02-06-2015, TLU 05-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly waiting
I went to US by Car and returned by Air. Do i still need to return I-94 if I departed from US through Air?

my I-94 got expired and I didn't return it.

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
I visited USA in May 2019 first week and my I94 was expiring in November. I decided to return it today at Pearsons Airport. This is what you have to do in case want to return I 94 at Pearsons Airport.
Drive Towards Terminal 3 Arrivals, Follow signs for Garage (in case you need to park), Parking here is cheap $4 for 20 minutes. Park your car and walk towards the Arrival terminal which is level P1 in the Parking building. Enter the Arrival Terminal from Gate 13 , Once you enter turn left and look on the right side once you have walked around 10 steps you will see a CBSA board with door, press the buzzer and they will ask the reason. Just tell them you are here to return the i94. They will buzz you in and there are counters inside. you can remove the i94 from the passport and hand it over to them.

It took me a 15 minutes to park the car walk to the terminal handover the i94 and driving out of the parking.

Reactions: mandeep.127

Patita07

Jun 6, 2019
I visited USA in May 2019 first week and my I94 was expiring in November. I decided to return it today at Pearsons Airport. This is what you have to do in case want to return I 94 at Pearsons Airport.
Drive Towards Terminal 3 Arrivals, Follow signs for Garage (in case you need to park), Parking here is cheap $4 for 20 minutes. Park your car and walk towards the Arrival terminal which is level P1 in the Parking building. Enter the Arrival Terminal from Gate 13 , Once you enter turn left and look on the right side once you have walked around 10 steps you will see a CBSA board with door, press the buzzer and they will ask the reason. Just tell them you are here to return the i94. They will buzz you in and there are counters inside. you can remove the i94 from the passport and hand it over to them.

It took me a 15 minutes to park the car walk to the terminal handover the i94 and driving out of the parking.
Have you checked if your travel records are updated? I'm in the same boat and I'm not sure what to do :/

Micaela710

Feb 14, 2020
Hi, I have a similar issue. I went to the US from Montreal in 2015 and when I returned the officer did not remove the i94 permit and I just realized today (I haven’t return to the US but i’m planing to later this year). However, I checked my status and the departure was registered correctly on the day I actually left. Idk if this happened because I was underaged at the time, but should I mail the i94 to the US? Now I’m living abroad but I still have my passport with the permit and visa.

Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

I live in Saint John New bruswick and I went to USA by car in November 2019 as border is nearby and I received a multiple entry slip on my passport with is valid till May 2020 so where can I return the slip? Can I go to border again to return it ?

lllsouzap

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Hi, I have a similar issue. I went to the US from Montreal in 2015 and when I returned the officer did not remove the i94 permit and I just realized today (I haven’t return to the US but i’m planing to later this year). However, I checked my status and the departure was registered correctly on the day I actually left. Idk if this happened because I was underaged at the time, but should I mail the i94 to the US? Now I’m living abroad but I still have my passport with the permit and visa.
any updates? thanks!

mandeep.127

Nov 22, 2021

if we return at border by walkin on canada side
does we mention that entry in our Permanent resisdency file of canada
that we go there and hand overi94

mandeep.127

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah its been expired an year ago!!

I was't aware to returning/surrender at the port of entry, while coming back, they ask for my passport and allow me to come back!!

I checked the online status, it shows the arrival date and port of entry plus departure date "no port pf entry" I don't know what it means ???
same issue