+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to return CBP-I94A Departure Record Form (USA)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
akhil5293 said:
Yeah its been expired an year ago!!

I was't aware to returning/surrender at the port of entry, while coming back, they ask for my passport and allow me to come back!!

I checked the online status, it shows the arrival date and port of entry plus departure date "no port pf entry" I don't know what it means ???
In my case the I-94 was still valid, i sent a mail package with the evidence of returning to canada for each family member (payslips, school attendance, doctor visits, ..etc) and a cover letter telling the story to the below address and the records were updated/correctly reflected in the system within 2-3 weeks. Even though yours expired I would advise you to do the same.

Coleman Data Solutions

Box 7965

Akron, OH 44306

Attn: NIDPS (I-94)

USA

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi Emmabd,

I just send my I-94 with all the necessary supporting documents. By any chance, how did you know that your records was updated or corrected?

Can you track it online? Can you provide any link to check please?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Ain

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
emamabd said:
In my case the I-94 was still valid, i sent a mail package with the evidence of returning to canada for each family member (payslips, school attendance, doctor visits, ..etc) and a cover letter telling the story to the below address and the records were updated/correctly reflected in the system within 2-3 weeks. Even though yours expired I would advise you to do the same.

Coleman Data Solutions

Box 7965

Akron, OH 44306

USA
Hello, I just saw your post before regarding I-94. I am currently on the same boat and have sent my I-94 through FedEx. By any chance would you know if I can check its status online?

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
emamabd said:

Coleman Data Solutions

Box 7965

Akron, OH 44306

USA
Hello, I just saw your post before regarding I-94. I am currently on the same boat and have sent my I-94 through FedEx. By any chance would you know if I can check its status online?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ain08 said:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

then click on "view travel history"

dcsaha

Feb 21, 2017
Hello,
I would like to return my I-94 departure record. I am living at Hamilton, Ontario. Is there anyone knows where and how to return it?
Thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
dcsaha said:
Hello,
I would like to return my I-94 departure record. I am living at Hamilton, Ontario. Is there anyone knows where and how to return it?
Thanks
you need to mail the I-94 to the address mentioned above, and include a cover letter indicating when you returned back to canada with the supporting evidence.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
you need to mail the I-94 to the address mentioned above, and include a cover letter indicating when you returned back to canada with the supporting evidence.
Or go to the nearest CBSA land border and give them the form.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
steaky said:
Or go to the nearest CBSA land border and give them the form.
Wouldn't you meet the US officials first when going to a land border? i.e. he would have to have a valid visa to enter the US and then u-turn and come back to meet the CBSA folks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
Wouldn't you meet the US officials first when going to a land border? i.e. he would have to have a valid visa to enter the US and then u-turn and come back to meet the CBSA folks.
You don't necessary meet US officials when going to a land border. Sometimes you can turn around and return to Canada directly to meet the CBSA folks.

sashahid

Jun 11, 2017
Hello
I still have the I 94 attached to my passport. I returned to canada by road and my I94 will expire in a few weeks . In case i return it my mail , what supporting document can i show since i dont feel I have any . I went on a freinds car and he is currenlty not in canada. what else proof can I show. I'd really appreciate if you could answer this . Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello
I still have the I 94 attached to my passport. I returned to canada by road and my I94 will expire in a few weeks . In case i return it my mail , what supporting document can i show since i dont feel I have any . I went on a freinds car and he is currenlty not in canada. what else proof can I show. I'd really appreciate if you could answer this . Thanks
Do you have any bank records that show a transaction made within Canada?

sashahid

Jun 11, 2017
Do you have any bank records that show a transaction made within Canada?
Yes I do have them. I got what you mean to say .Thank You. So I can show my bank statements as a prove that I was in Canada after leaving US. One more thing I just logged on to the official I -94 website and found that my travel history is recorded with date of entry and exit . So I can get a print of that webpage also , right? And sent it with mail along I-94, bank statements.

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes I do have them. I got what you mean to say .Thank You. So I can show my bank statements as a prove that I was in Canada after leaving US. One more thing I just logged on to the official I -94 website and found that my travel history is recorded with date of entry and exit . So I can get a print of that webpage also , right? And sent it with mail along I-94, bank statements.

Thanks
Yeah, those should be accepted--it shows you were in Canada on those dates.

sakthi_pps

Jan 12, 2015
Hello everyone. I returned my i94 today at the Pearson Airport terminal 3. You just need to go to the Arrivals level at terminal 3. Proceed to CBSA office (you will see signs). He doors are usually closed. Buzz them and they will let you in. They will take your i94.