+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to increase the CRS scores?

ramkinippy

Oct 1, 2017
How can i get the job in canada by living in india? is there any what's up group who applying the PR in coming year?

TriniZee

Oct 9, 2017
this is a chicken and egg scenario, cause you need a PR to make it easier to get a job in Canada and to get a PR you need a job offer to make it easier to get the PR. It's one of the most frustrating experiences I am having. I applied to all the Canadian job sites , I get offers for contract jobs but they require you to be a PR or citizen.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's next to impossible to find a job from outside of Canada. You should forget about trying to increase your points through a job offer and look for other ways to raise your score.

TriniZee

Oct 9, 2017
I am looking at doing the TEF French test and looking at getting credentials in the agriculture industry. If anyone can suggest any "quick wins" for scoring additional CRS points i would be grateful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am looking at doing the TEF French test and looking at getting credentials in the agriculture industry. If anyone can suggest any "quick wins" for scoring additional CRS points i would be grateful.
Do you already speak French or will you be starting to learn French from scratch? If you're going to be learning French from scratch - it's not quick win. Plan on a year to a year and a half of intensive study.

Credentials in the agricultural industry may not get you more points.

TriniZee

Oct 9, 2017
Do you already speak French or will you be starting to learn French from scratch? If you're going to be learning French from scratch - it's not quick win. Plan on a year to a year and a half of intensive study.

Credentials in the agricultural industry may not get you more points.

my current CRS score in the application pool is 376. I read they were consistently taking people over 415 , which makes me think I will never get selected with such a low score.

I will be learning French from scratch , thank you for that advice and heads up on the time frame.

I was hoping the agriculture related certification and experience would land me a job offer quicker. Right now I am willing to do ANYTHING to be able to migrate as soon as possible which I am sure is a sentiment shared by most people on this forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You really need to assume the job offer won't happen. It's really next to impossible to get one.

Have you maxed out your IELTS scores?

TriniZee

Oct 9, 2017
You really need to assume the job offer won't happen. It's really next to impossible to get one.

Have you maxed out your IELTS scores?
Yes I got scores of 7 to 8.5 , it costs approximately $320 US if I sign up to re-write the test again to try and get the perfect score, which is a lot of money to spend and not sure how much additional points I would get for spending that amount. I was looking at other options of applying via self employed as an artist or photographer which I have skills in both (grasping at straws).

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Maxing out IELTS score like Scylla has mentioned here is the easiest, least time consuming and most practical way of increasing your score, given that you cannot really do much about your skills, education, experience in a short span of time.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Yes I got scores of 7 to 8.5 , it costs approximately $320 US if I sign up to re-write the test again to try and get the perfect score, which is a lot of money to spend and not sure how much additional points I would get for spending that amount. I was looking at other options of applying via self employed as an artist or photographer which I have skills in both (grasping at straws).
Use CIC's tool to calculate points you would get if you maxed out language scores. Ideally, you would want to get into CLB 10 band - Reading, writing, listening > 8 and speaking > 7.5 .... I know it costs a lot of money....A lot of practice would put you in good state to take the actual test.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't recommend self employment. The processing times are very long (6+ years). Additionally, unless you are a world class / globally recognized / award winning artist or photographer - you're not going to qualify. Simply having skills in these fields won't cut it.

Re-write IELTS and achieve a higher score.

TriniZee

Oct 9, 2017
My scores were

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0
Overall Band Score: 8.0
CEFR Level: C1

i really appreciate all the advice, makes me feel i'm not alone

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
My scores were

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 7.5
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0
Overall Band Score: 8.0
CEFR Level: C1

i really appreciate all the advice, makes me feel i'm not alone
Hmmm, you can only get 3 more CRS points by increasing your Reading score to 8, so I don't know if that's worth a re-sit of the IELTS.... of course, as we say in my country 'every mikkle mek a mukkle' (i.e. even 3 points will help you toward your ultimate goal...) How long ago did you sit the exam in which you achieved those results? Maybe it's not too late to apply for a re-assessment of your Reading score to see if you can get those additional 0.5 points (and subsequent 3 points for your CRS Score)...

Have you investigated whether you qualify for any provincial nomination programmes?

TriniZee

Oct 9, 2017
Hmmm, you can only get 3 more CRS points by increasing your Reading score to 8, so I don't know if that's worth a re-sit of the IELTS.... of course, as we say in my country 'every mikkle mek a mukkle' (i.e. even 3 points will help you toward your ultimate goal...) How long ago did you sit the exam in which you achieved those results? Maybe it's not too late to apply for a re-assessment of your Reading score to see if you can get those additional 0.5 points (and subsequent 3 points for your CRS Score)...

Have you investigated whether you qualify for any provincial nomination programmes?

Thanks everyone I reassessed the scores and strategy and realized I have to complete my MBA.

Thanks to the calculator here were my scores trying different strategies:

I am the husband as the primary applicant and my wife is the dependent

husband primary / wife dependent
current CRS scores

with husband obtaining masters MBA

husband primary improved reading score (if I go back and resit the IELTS test)

wife primary / husband dependent (if my wife goes back and resit the IELTS test)
wife improved IELTS score
listening
reading
writing

wife primary / husband dependent
3yrs canadian degree located in canada (if my wife completes a canadian degree located in Canada)

3yrs normal degree external to Canada (if my wife completes a degree outside of Canada)

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Thanks everyone I reassessed the scores and strategy and realized I have to complete my MBA.

Thanks to the calculator here were my scores trying different strategies:

I am the husband as the primary applicant and my wife is the dependent

current CRS scores

with husband obtaining masters MBA

husband primary improved reading score (if I go back and resit the IELTS test)

wife primary / husband dependent (if my wife goes back and resit the IELTS test)
wife improved IELTS score
listening
reading
writing

3yrs canadian degree located in canada (if my wife completes a canadian degree located in Canada)

3yrs normal degree external to Canada (if my wife completes a degree outside of Canada)
Complete your MBA in flying colors and mail the same for WES assessment. You should be in the ITA list within no time. Good luck.