+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a Canadian virtual Mobile No. for Job hunt while abroad

Blue Horizon

Dec 29, 2016
Hello Guys.

Trying to get Job opportunities before landing in canada. It seems many employers however are usually relactant to call an internatonal No according to other threads here.

I'm therefore trying to figure out a free/cheapest means of owning a virtual canadian number while in Asia hoping to still receive calls on a local Number. Does anybody know how to get this done? There are so many links online but then its difficult know if its legit or not.

Appreciated

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
try this

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=canadian+DID

Blue Horizon

Dec 29, 2016
ciscoccie said:
try this

Thanks. Have you ever tried them? I already made a google search myself but want some one who has tried a particular service before.
Its easy to fall into a scam trap on google.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Flynumber.com . Awesome SIP service. For Canadian DIDs it's $2.95/mnth unlimited inbound.

My wife uses it on her android (CSIP) so her friends and family can call her for free from home.

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
I just posted this same question on fb yesterday haha. I used Fongo and thus far it's given me a free number and voicemail, I haven't tried to make outgoing calls yet but perhaps that's something you pay for.. I had trouble signing up for it abroad because Korea has strict Internet security so I had my mom sign up for it as me on her phone in Canada then I downloaded the app here and logged in. Anyway, I recommend it.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
erical said:
I just posted this same question on fb yesterday haha. I used Fongo and thus far it's given me a free number and voicemail, I haven't tried to make outgoing calls yet but perhaps that's something you pay for.. I had trouble signing up for it abroad because Korea has strict Internet security so I had my mom sign up for it as me on her phone in Canada then I downloaded the app here and logged in. Anyway, I recommend it.
Many places have restrictions on issuance of DIDs. Flynumber allowed us to upload my wife's passport at time of order. They had more issue with the fact that my credit card didn't bear her name ;). A simple email to fix it and she's used it for the past year, no problems

It can also email/text you vmails I think. ..a service we didn't bother with...

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Blue Horizon said:
Hello Guys.

Trying to get Job opportunities before landing in canada. It seems many employers however are usually relactant to call an internatonal No according to other threads here.

I'm therefore trying to figure out a free/cheapest means of owning a virtual canadian number while in Asia hoping to still receive calls on a local Number. Does anybody know how to get this done? There are so many links online but then its difficult know if its legit or not.

Appreciated
Try Fongo one of the best free service. You can choose the province and city for the specific number as well. You can also send and receive SMS from same by paying nominal fee.

thanks

good luck
Syed B

Blue Horizon

Dec 29, 2016
badar14 said:
Try Fongo one of the best free service. You can choose the province and city for the specific number as well. You can also send and receive SMS from same by paying nominal fee.

thanks

good luck
Syed B
Thanks Syed

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna -> changed to Ottawa!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
We are also using flynumber. It wasn't expensive, compared to some of the other companies, and apparently you can cancel at any time. So far we've only used it once or twice to check that it actually works ::) it works and the call quality is good.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
badar14 said:
Try Fongo one of the best free service. ...
Thanks! Set up a Fondo account the other day and it was really easy. Incoming calls were glitchy at first, but seems to work fine now.