+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...?

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
We've talked to the call centre so many times and specifically asked them to check the new system. None of the agents there could since they cut you off once you say that your file was processed outside Canada, then proceed to parrot back all their useless scripted bs they always say.

Also, I was checking law on canlii and I found that you can do a writ of mandamus to get a judicial review to sort out issues with CIC.

Found some info here: http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3097

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Hnhkrk said:
I'm not against someone fighting for what is right. I move to Quebec for that very reason (I was a part of the student protests, etc etc.) But I AM against is someone jumping to conclusions like you are right now. I really have yet to see a case where the CIC was being unfair and incompetent. I agree that the CIC could be more organized and timely but I don't know if I could run things any better myself... but I really dont' see any favoritism, corruption or violations. Someone getting their application processed faster because they live in a country that is visa except isn't favoritism, that is just policy.

You have made it clear that you are close-minded to hearing anyone's opinion that doesn't mirror yours.

And I have a hard time believing that you're a Canadian citizen as your English seems scattered. That could just be you typing in the heat of the moment, though.
I do not believe being visa exempt itself makes the difference. I think that the same reasons used for Canada having granted visa exception are valid reasons for faster processing. That is, faster processing and being visa exempt are consequences of the same criteria.

Most (if not all) of the visa exempt countries are developed and [highly] organized and therefore, for example, government checks, such as police and background checks, are more reliable and quicker to obtain, thus the faster processing. Also, countries like the US (among others) make their citizens less prone to immigrate to Canada because of economic reasons alone, and therefore their relationships are less questions (note I did not say that they are not questioned at all).

In our case, the applicant lives in the US but is not a US citizen. Sponsor is Canadian living in the US. Processing was up to par with similar cases where the applicant is a US citizen, until they requested documents from the applicant's country of origin, which created a 4 to 5 week gap in processing. We expected a different timeframe from the get-go and we have never felt we are being discriminated against or being less favored.

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
Dr. Eng X..... Complain about the CIC ? You fill out complaint form, put it in an envelope and address it to the hospital in which you were born. Then you get inline behind everyone else. They account to no one, not even Canada's democratically elected MP's. They can do whatever they want and that is exactly what they do.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Steph C said:
Yes, the media loves these things. I see them all the time on the news. Our local media has recently featured:

An Indo-Canadian man unsuccessfully trying to sponsor his old Aunt as a PR in the family class. He got the aunt over on a visitor's visa and is trying to sponsor her as a parent, in spite of the fact he has already sponsored his parents. She was facing deportation but now gets a second appeal.

A Filipina who was just sponsored as a dependent and didn't declare her child upon entry and is now upset she can't ever sponsor her child. They filmed the mother and child bawling on a Skype conversation. Apparently the child was born before the application was submitted and never mentioned. The family denies it.

These stories are heart wrenching and the public are appalled - even though both (to me) clearly break the basic rules. Why shouldn't they also be sympathetic to OUR stories? I think we need to get to the media and change people's perception of immigration.
I agree 100% with your quote.
I wrote to The Toronto Globe and Mail yesterday with what they are doing on our case. Like the VO said Welcome to New Brunswick but it could take another 6 to 9 months till its final. This must be the security check.
CSIC wanted to speak with me so I returned to Canada thinking was part and parcel to the application.
LOL it wasn't but it cost me nearly $4000.00 for nothing. As it was not about the case at all. This is frustrating to say the least.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Belinasha said:
We've talked to the call centre so many times and specifically asked them to check the new system. None of the agents there could since they cut you off once you say that your file was processed outside Canada, then proceed to parrot back all their useless scripted bs they always say.

Also, I was checking law on canlii and I found that you can do a writ of mandamus to get a judicial review to sort out issues with CIC.

Found some info here: http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3097
You do realize that the people in the call Center are just human beings who are trying to do their jobs, and a lot of the things they say are from a script right?
I worked in a call Center for a short time, and seeing things like this make me so angry. Call Center people are limited in what they can, and hat they are legally allowed to do.
My aunt is a CIC agent, and guess what? I get no special treatment. She tells m all the time though about the people who call who are due and seem to think that becaus she's in the call Center she can do more than she can....

Ugh, yes we're all tired of waiting, and emotional, but being nasty and mean towards other human beings who are hpjust doing their jobs is ridiculous. It won't get things done any faster.
Keep in mind, they receive way more applications than what you could ever think about, and have to weed through a lot of bs. Their job is hard. I wouldn't want it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Well said..
+1

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
brightredscream said:
You do realize that the people in the call Center are just human beings who are trying to do their jobs, and a lot of the things they say are from a script right?
I worked in a call Center for a short time, and seeing things like this make me so angry. Call Center people are limited in what they can, and hat they are legally allowed to do.
My aunt is a CIC agent, and guess what? I get no special treatment. She tells m all the time though about the people who call who are due and seem to think that becaus she's in the call Center she can do more than she can....

Ugh, yes we're all tired of waiting, and emotional, but being nasty and mean towards other human beings who are hpjust doing their jobs is ridiculous. It won't get things done any faster.
Keep in mind, they receive way more applications than what you could ever think about, and have to weed through a lot of bs. Their job is hard. I wouldn't want it.
So how do you explain the rude people? By "they are human beings"? So are we....

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
parker24 said:
So how do you explain the rude people? By "they are human beings"? So are we....
It sounds like it's a crappy time on both ends.

If we all stopped being rude then the rudeness would end, right?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
rebecassss said:
It sounds like it's a crappy time on both ends.

If we all stopped being rude then the rudeness would end, right?
True. I was just shocked at the treatment I got after explaining I was hearing impaired. Never been treated like that over the phone. Lost my hope in humanity for a little while.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
so many people are naive about Immigration ( I was too )

Although most cases seem to be processed within a reasonable time frame (up to 18 months) Many take far longer...I am waiting 4 years !!!! It is the 2 year plus that needs to be addressed.

Seems like they keep letting in the frauds, keeping some of the honest ones at the back of the line. (Yes, I have gone to my MP...they are well aware of my file) :eek:

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I HATE THE CALL CENTER.

SO SO much.

But not the people, the HIDEOUS automated service.

It gives me the run around for 8 minutes, making me choose options, type in my UCI, my date of birth... It rings ONCE, informs me that it can't connect me. Fine. It keeps talking, general stuff that happens when you're on hold. Except I wasn't on hold anymore. It was the prelude to "call ended".

assholes.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
People should understand that a tech support or call center agent will respond to respect, if there a rude person who starts the conv rudely - who the hell would help them? I have gotten many things done ( be it rogers, banking, airline, visa, embassy ) by simply speaking nicely, and if I don't get the response then try again with another agent but ultimately the job gets done, all it takes is patience and tact to talk

Rudeness gets to nowhere

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
rebecassss said:
I HATE THE CALL CENTER.

SO SO much.

But not the people, the HIDEOUS automated service.

It gives me the run around for 8 minutes, making me choose options, type in my UCI, my date of birth... It rings ONCE, informs me that it can't connect me. Fine. It keeps talking, general stuff that happens when you're on hold. Except I wasn't on hold anymore. It was the prelude to "call ended".

assholes.
Oh, thats easy

1-1-1 ad 0 > straight to agent

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
user828 said:
People should understand that a tech support or call center agent will respond to respect, if there a rude person who starts the conv rudely - who the hell would help them? I have gotten many things done ( be it rogers, banking, airline, visa, embassy ) by simply speaking nicely, and if I don't get the response then try again with another agent but ultimately the job gets done, all it takes is patience and tact to talk

Rudeness gets to nowhere
It goes both ways. I was at Home Depot yesterday and the cashier was exceptionally rude to me. The guy in front of me in line was a jerk too, so he probably put her in a bad mood - but not my fault. Unfortunately, things roll down hill and it all sucks. Sometimes it takes more will power than a person has to plaster that smile back on their face.

I've been on both sides of the coin. Everyone has bad days. Some people are just a-holes. I'm sure a customer service rep has found me rude because I was insistent (because I was legally corect). I'm sure customers have found me rude before as well (in fact, I know this!) because I was also 100% legally correct and refused to break the law. No one can be nice and cheery 100% of the time.

Point is, there is no one on the planet that is a ray of sunshine 100% of the time.

And yeah, I complained about the cashier with my HD survey.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13