+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...?

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
brightredscream said:
You do realize that the people in the call Center are just human beings who are trying to do their jobs, and a lot of the things they say are from a script right?
I worked in a call Center for a short time, and seeing things like this make me so angry. Call Center people are limited in what they can, and hat they are legally allowed to do.
My aunt is a CIC agent, and guess what? I get no special treatment. She tells m all the time though about the people who call who are due and seem to think that becaus she's in the call Center she can do more than she can....

Ugh, yes we're all tired of waiting, and emotional, but being nasty and mean towards other human beings who are hpjust doing their jobs is ridiculous. It won't get things done any faster.
Keep in mind, they receive way more applications than what you could ever think about, and have to weed through a lot of bs. Their job is hard. I wouldn't want it.
Sorry, but at the end of the day rude CIC agents can't be excused by the "its a tough job" line. Why? WE pay the taxes that pays their salary. WE have paid fees for this service. WE have an expectation of prompt service which they are not providing. WE are the ones being screwed over.

The call center agent is getting PAID to handle my inquiries. The VO agent is being PAID to handle my case. And top that with defined benefit pensions and job security unlike anything in the private sector and yet WE are supposed to be courteous and all that? Give me a break!

If they find they can't provide good service, or even just courteous service for us then maybe they should look for another job.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
They get cursed at, and rude behaviour pretty much all the time.
Every person I've spoken with from CIC has been polite, very helpful, and I've laughed and joked around with them.
I've worked in a call Center, after a while it's hard to be polite and kind when 90% of the people don't return the same courtesy to you. No one believes you when you say you don't have access to certain types of info, you just get cussed out more. Yes, this was a government call Center I worked for. I don't care who was paying my pay cheques, it doesn't give people the right to talk to anyone the way that they did when they would call us. The turn over rate for call Center jobs is high for a reason - it sucks working with people.

mystique1980

Jun 12, 2012
I share your sentiments on this but it's actually the whole system that needs to be given attention to. Obviously it sucks especially when they cost-cut and closed some VOs in some countries and put the load to other country and who suffer? US! coz visa officers are now drowning with paper works and are not able to function as effective as they are expected to and sometimes get mixed up and could lost some documents. This is really a roller coaster ride for all us it's inevitable to feel hopeless at times as we could not do much but to wait. I understand why Dr Eng X is feeling that way.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amikety said:
I won't comment on the debate here - only say this....

Every government agency should have a formal way to file complaints and independantly audited.

Every. Single. Government Agency. All of them.

The best way to encourage fraud, misconduct, stealing, and the like is to have no system of checks and balances. Corruption is rampant in government, beyond the scope of what most people care to believe.
Some cases we heard of
http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=947
http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=1781
http://www.cicsnews.com/?p=851

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
brightredscream said:
Every person I've spoken with from CIC has been polite, very helpful, and I've laughed and joked around with them.
I've worked in a call Center, after a while it's hard to be polite and kind when 90% of the people don't return the same courtesy to you. No one believes you when you say you don't have access to certain types of info, you just get cussed out more. Yes, this was a government call Center I worked for. I don't care who was paying my pay cheques, it doesn't give people the right to talk to anyone the way that they did when they would call us. The turn over rate for call Center jobs is high for a reason - it sucks working with people.
+1

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Dr Eng X said:
w/o much arguments Any system has to have some sort of evaluation, feedback, accessment my question is specific
How to file an official complaint?
i wish i knew how to that too far too many people have been screwed around by this system .... i applied for my husband in March of 2010 i waited almost 6 months with out any acknowledgement from cic ...admitted i was very ignorant to the system and did not even know about checking ecas (would not have helped anyways because when i did contact cic about my file i was told that the have nothing on record of receiving anything from me ( funny i got conformation from Canada post of delivery) long story short over a year wasted had to refile my application and it is only after getting a lawyer involved and 2 years later they admitted to misplacing my original application and my first payment was refunded to me.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
ready_fi_move_on said:
i wish i knew how to that too far too many people have been screwed around by this system .... i applied for my husband in March of 2010 i waited almost 6 months with out any acknowledgement from cic ...admitted i was very ignorant to the system and did not even know about checking ecas (would not have helped anyways because when i did contact cic about my file i was told that the have nothing on record of receiving anything from me ( funny i got conformation from Canada post of delivery) long story short over a year wasted had to refile my application and it is only after getting a lawyer involved and 2 years later they admitted to misplacing my original application and my first payment was refunded to me.
nothing surprises me from CIC anymore.

I can top that.......after wining my appeal in Toronto (waiting 28 months) the file was supposed to be sent to Ottawa to be processed -once again- it went back to original post (Mex city and sat there for 7 months) It is now in Ottawa 'received application' This month is 4 years for me. A very simple application (no ex's - no kids)

Its getting worse-not bettter !

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ready_fi_move_on said:
gsize said:

I can top that.......after wining my appeal in Toronto (waiting 28 months) the file was supposed to be sent to Ottawa to be processed -once again- it went back to original post (Mex city and sat there for 7 months) It is now in Ottawa 'received application' This month is 4 years for me. A very simple application (no ex's - no kids)

In addition to these published cases

Some people don't wish to realize this or they prefer to stick their heads in the sand for whatever reason starting from being privileged, to having had no problems,....

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
gsize said:

WOW that is horrible i am so sorry that you are being screwed around like this
my second application had to wait for the 100+ days an aor last march almost ended up in the hospital from the anxiety attacks .....
I was lucky in the fact that after it finally reached my vo in kingston my file went through quite smoothly and my family has now landed
Good luck to you i hope everything will resolve for you soon
Dr Eng X said:
In addition to these published cases

Some people don't wish to realize this or they prefer to stick their heads in the sand for whatever reason starting from being prevelged, to having had no problems,....
i here you on that

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
brightredscream said:
I get cursed at by teenagers, doesn't mean I can call them morons right back. Personally I think some sensitivity training is needed for anyone working at a call centre. And I have friends who work in Call Centres, they know me as a disabled person and have less anger and have stayed in the call centre JUST because they are friendly, calm and cool, even if they are being called complete idiots.

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Anyone in the "customer service industry" needs to have thick skin and great people skills. Getting annoyed by one caller and taking it out on the next is not right. Sure the people calling get out of hand at times. The aggression I have seen and read here is only a minuscule to what the agents have to deal with. Top that off with possible language barriers. It would get hard to deal with and fast.

But it is NOT ok to take it out on the callers/customers. If they can't handle their job they have no right keeping it.

Everyone has bad days, life is NOT all rainbows and butterflies, we are all human. However there is a line to be drawn in that regards. Both agents and callers need to be respectful and take into consideration that each has issues (agents only knowing so much/callers being sad frustrated and scared).

Just my humble opinion.... I am a firm believer in "2 wrongs do not make a right", and "kill them with kindness".

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
MadeInCanada said:
Anyone in the "customer service industry" needs to have thick skin and great people skills. Getting annoyed by one caller and taking it out on the next is not right. Sure the people calling get out of hand at times. The aggression I have seen and read here is only a minuscule to what the agents have to deal with. Top that off with possible language barriers. It would get hard to deal with and fast.

But it is NOT ok to take it out on the callers/customers. If they can't handle their job they have no right keeping it.

Everyone has bad days, life is NOT all rainbows and butterflies, we are all human. However there is a line to be drawn in that regards. Both agents and callers need to be respectful and take into consideration that each has issues (agents only knowing so much/callers being sad frustrated and scared).

Just my humble opinion.... I am a firm believer in "2 wrongs do not make a right", and "kill them with kindness".
+1

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
MadeInCanada said:

+1. If I could do it twice I would.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
MadeInCanada said:

i completely agree with you i work with the public everyday and most of the people i work with are truck drivers and i get told daily things that would make there mama ashamed and yes i get angry a lot however i don't take it out on the other person i am more of the type of treat others as they treat you ( luckily i am a Gemini so my mood switches quite easily lol

i agree when you say two wrongs don't make a right
kill em with kindness yes however some people are just miserable and matter how nice you are they continue to be that way .... its sad to say that some people take there home problems to work with them and take it out on the innocent

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
gsize said:
since we are on the topic.

successful appeals are supposed to be 'fast tracked' through Ottawa. (won appeal august 2012)

So, why was my file sent to Mexico collecting dust for 6 months (its now in Ottawa)

4 years next month !

I have been to my MPP several times. Unfortunately, most people will do nothing !

Until their is 'political will' nothing will change. ???

sorry, I needed to vent......now I feel better.....wheres the Corona ?
LOL I have a corona with you Sending you a ((((((huge hug)))))) xoxo :-*