+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...?

ARDmello

Nov 8, 2014
The Cic is clearly an out of control unaccountable institution. Firstly they refused my application on grounds that i failed to respond to their two earlier correspondences which requested further information.
Then i discovered this was an absolute lie when i found that my email & mailing addresses were found to be documented incorrectly by the CIC themselves over their own database (btw i filled these out correctly within the application forms i filed with them). Evidence of this clearly available over their own website.
The question then was whom did the CIC really contact if at all they really did so? Secondly who the hell is really accountable here. You cant call or talk to these guys, coz the helpline only offers help to cases filed from within canada. For those filed from outside canada, you have to email those offices directly. And those offices dont bother responding. So effectively i am having to pay for the mistakes made by the CIC. If i appeal or reply, either way i lose time.
what a blatently abusive use of power in the way the CIC is unaccountable and a dysfunctional organisation

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
ARDmello said:
The Cic is clearly an out of control unaccountable institution. Firstly they refused my application on grounds that i failed to respond to their two earlier correspondences which requested further information.
Then i discovered this was an absolute lie when i found that my email & mailing addresses were found to be documented incorrectly by the CIC themselves over their own database (btw i filled these out correctly within the application forms i filed with them). Evidence of this clearly available over their own website.
The question then was whom did the CIC really contact if at all they really did so? Secondly who the hell is really accountable here. You cant call or talk to these guys, coz the helpline only offers help to cases filed from within canada. For those filed from outside canada, you have to email those offices directly. And those offices dont bother responding. So effectively i am having to pay for the mistakes made by the CIC. If i appeal or reply, either way i lose time.
what a blatently abusive use of power in the way the CIC is unaccountable and a dysfunctional organisation
yep, you got it !

They lost my file once then they lost 2 docs. Thank God this nightmare is over ! Best of luck !

Write to newspaper is probably the best thing to do.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
My lawyer filed an official complaint, which CIC responded to. So they don't seem to take official complaints lightly. CIC call centre agent told me they welcome complaints and feedback in fact. However, I think unless there's grounds for a complaint (e.g. application is wayyy outside of processing time), attending to complaints will just take up more of CIC's time and burden a system that is already severely flawed. But if you really want to submit an official complaint, maybe a lawyer can help you do that.

gregory house

Nov 9, 2014
"yep, you got it !

They lost my file once then they lost 2 docs. Thank God this nightmare is over ! Best of luck !

Write to newspaper is probably the best thing to do."

And what i writing to the papers gonna do. These guys care little about what someone says about them. And in the end youve just wasted time writing to the papers for the sake of nothin. And you dont even know if they are going to publish it in the first place.

The CiC can do whatever they want and get away with it.