+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to file official complaints against CIC services, performance, ...?

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
zardoz said:
He is Egyptian. (from one of his first posts)
He has also been complaining for well over a year.
Wait, so a first generation Immigrant had the balls to tell me that -I- needed to be grateful for the resources and justice system in Canada because of -HIS- hard work and protests?!!?! Oy vey! Some of these people are just out right ridiculous!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I think it's safe to say that Dr Eng X has lost any credibility that he may have had on here.

Personally, I really don't care at all about his perceived problems.

I have enough of my own thanks.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
We would also like to know how to make a complaint concerning CIC. My husband has landed and can't obtain a SIN number because there are 2 systems that cic is using. One is a new system and one is an old system. When they sent his COPR to the wrong address, the number on that COPR is listed in the old system which can be seen by CBSA and Service Canada. The number on his re-issued COPR which was sent to our new address and the one he landed with is listed in the new system only. Nobody updated the old system to reflect the COPR number that was newly issued. We call the 800 number for CIC and they say we need to apply for a request to amend the COPR....the only thing is..there's nothing wrong with the COPR..nothing needs amended on it. We have verification from LA when they spoke to our MP that the number on his COPR is correct. CIC call centre keeps saying we need to amend...can't amend their system!!! 2 weeks now and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada but doesn't have the right to work because he can't obtain a SIN due to this mess. I thought he would be covered under our human rights concerning the right to work..guess not?!

In speaking with an agent at Service Canada they submitted a request to their head office in New Brunswick. New Brunswick has 3 agents who can verify identity with CIC and be able to issue a SIN...the process takes 3 days supposedly..it's been 2 weeks.

MP spoke with LA who said they will fix the issue..nothing from them for 2 weeks.

I thought as a Permanent Resident, one has the right to work which is covered under our Charter. I guess CIC is above the law.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It takes about 2 weeks to receive a SIN if there are no issues, not 3 days. His is a little complicated(COPR issues) so you can expect some delay. Better some delay now and everything gets updated in the system or would you rather he travels and upon return can't be "found" in the system by CBSA and is detained? :-X
Lastly, he still has a right to work. Ask Service Canada whether he can start work(he is still a PR), and receive retro-pay when SIN arrives.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
SenoritaBella said:
It takes about 2 weeks to receive a SIN if there are no issues, not 3 days. His is a little complicated(COPR issues) so you can expect some delay. Better some delay now and everything gets updated in the system or would you rather he travels and upon return can't be "found" in the system by CBSA and is detained? :-X
Lastly, he still has a right to work. Ask Service Canada whether he can start work(he is still a PR), and receive retro-pay when SIN arrives.
If there are no issues, it takes 20 minutes. That's how long it took for hubby to get a SIN.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
We understand it takes time to get a SIN if they'll issue you one. I meant 3 days for a person at Service Canada's head office in New Brunswick to do an investigation with CIC..they have 3 people in that office who are allowed to do this. Their process of investigation with CIC takes 3 days. The agent in New Brunswick we spoke to said they would call after those 3 days..two weeks ago. We went into CBSA at the Edmonton airport to check in their system to see if everything was ok. The agent there verified his identity with the COPR, but their system is the old system and the old (sent to wrong address, was re-issued) COPR number is showing. The CBSA agent checked his documents and everything was good except for this one digit that is different. The CBSA agent wrote a note to Service Canada stating that she verified my husband's identity and it's the same person, but Service Canada won't accept that. The CBSA agent also put a note on their system of the situation and wrote LA an email from her email address asking for an explanation. She even gave us her direct line..LA hasn't gotten back to her.

We asked Service Canada if he could work without having a SIN right now and they could pay him later and they flatly said NO.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Belinasha said:
We understand it takes time to get a SIN if they'll issue you one. I meant 3 days for a person at Service Canada's head office in New Brunswick to do an investigation with CIC..they have 3 people in that office who are allowed to do this. Their process of investigation with CIC takes 3 days. The agent in New Brunswick we spoke to said they would call after those 3 days..two weeks ago. We went into CBSA at the Edmonton airport to check in their system to see if everything was ok. The agent there verified his identity with the COPR, but their system is the old system and the old (sent to wrong address, was re-issued) COPR number is showing. The CBSA agent checked his documents and everything was good except for this one digit that is different. The CBSA agent wrote a note to Service Canada stating that she verified my husband's identity and it's the same person, but Service Canada won't accept that. The CBSA agent also put a note on their system of the situation and wrote LA an email from her email address asking for an explanation. She even gave us her direct line..LA hasn't gotten back to her.

We asked Service Canada if he could work without having a SIN right now and they could pay him later and they flatly said NO.
Man, what a bunch of BS over one digit! I would be calling the call centre almost everyday or calling that one office everyday until it gets resolved. My god you'd think they would be able to fix it by now!!!

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It's not even the digit that's wrong really. His COPR is correct. The problem lies with CIC using a new system, but CBSA and Service Canada using the old system. Whoever re-issued the second COPR in LA should have updated the old system so that all systems across the board would be the same if they all need the same info. They're taking their time just to update it which in effect is violating my husband's charter right to work. CIC has no complaint process and can't be held accountable for anything. Even lawyers that we have talked to don't understand the situation and have never heard about this situation. You'd think since it's a Charter violation, someone would be doing something about this fast!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I should have clarified, I meant receiving the card itself. But yea, couple minutes to get the number.

parker24 said:
If there are no issues, it takes 20 minutes. That's how long it took for hubby to get a SIN.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Belinasha said:
It's not even the digit that's wrong really. His COPR is correct. The problem lies with CIC using a new system, but CBSA and Service Canada using the old system. Whoever re-issued the second COPR in LA should have updated the old system so that all systems across the board would be the same if they all need the same info. They're taking their time just to update it which in effect is violating my husband's charter right to work. CIC has no complaint process and can't be held accountable for anything. Even lawyers that we have talked to don't understand the situation and have never heard about this situation. You'd think since it's a Charter violation, someone would be doing something about this fast!
I take it you talked to your MP about this correct?

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
Belinasha said:
Take a deep beathe and keep calling them. What efforts have you made to correct this? I would be calling the call centre every day, and I doubt this would be something that they would just ignore.

Instead of jumping to a complaint, try to contact them and have this resolved. Everyone makes mistakes.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Also, the call center agents we have spoken to can only access the old system. Why is there a new system if nobody is using it except the visa issuing office? It just causes confusion and delay. If everyone needs the same info..use the same system. Doesn't make sense why even one part of CIC can only access one system and not the other. Doesn't make sense at all.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Again...this is what we have done and it's explained in my prior posts here.

1. CBSA has contacted LA for clarification using their direct email and gave us a direct number to contact that agent. LA hasn't given them a response. CBSA has made a note in the old system on their end about the situation.

2. Service Canada has contacted their head office in New Brunswick and has forwarded our documents to one of 3 agents who can verify identity directly with LA. This process takes 3 days and they said they would get back to us within 3 days. We call back daily during the week and they haven't heard anything from LA yet. This has been going on for 2 weeks, less those 3 days. Service Canada refuses to issue a SIN even though we have written documentation from a CBSA agent, with her number and phone number confirming my husbands identity.

3. MP has contacted LA who said the COPR my husband has and had landed with is the correct number. LA is using a new system and CBSA and Service Canada are using the old system. LA said they have to check with their records department to make the correction. This was 2 weeks ago, nothing yet.

4. Calling 800 number at CIC to see if anything in the system has been updated. They say to make an amendment to his COPR since they can't see the new system. There's nothing wrong with his COPR as confirmed by LA and there's no way to fill out a form to get them to amend their systems or make them use one system..not two that nobody else can see.

We call, email and fax everyone above to get answers..none. We even bought a fax machine and got a fax number to make things easier.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Belinasha said:
Again...this is what we have done and it's explained in my prior posts here.

1. CBSA has contacted LA for clarification using their direct email and gave us a direct number to contact that agent. LA hasn't given them a response. CBSA has made a note in the old system on their end about the situation.

2. Service Canada has contacted their head office in New Brunswick and has forwarded our documents to one of 3 agents who can verify identity directly with LA. This process takes 3 days and they said they would get back to us within 3 days. We call back daily during the week and they haven't heard anything from LA yet. This has been going on for 2 weeks, less those 3 days. Service Canada refuses to issue a SIN even though we have written documentation from a CBSA agent, with her number and phone number confirming my husbands identity.

3. MP has contacted LA who said the COPR my husband has and had landed with is the correct number. LA is using a new system and CBSA and Service Canada are using the old system. LA said they have to check with their records department to make the correction. This was 2 weeks ago, nothing yet.

4. Calling 800 number at CIC to see if anything in the system has been updated. They say to make an amendment to his COPR since they can't see the new system. There's nothing wrong with his COPR as confirmed by LA and there's no way to fill out a form to get them to amend their systems or make them use one system..not two that nobody else can see.

We call, email and fax everyone above to get answers..none. We even bought a fax machine and got a fax number to make things easier.
Wow. What a bunch of BS! I hope it gets sorted out, keep on them, someones gotta get something done!! :(

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Belinasha said:
Also, the call center agents we have spoken to can only access the old system. Why is there a new system if nobody is using it except the visa issuing office? It just causes confusion and delay. If everyone needs the same info..use the same system. Doesn't make sense why even one part of CIC can only access one system and not the other. Doesn't make sense at all.
You are right, CIC agents use the old system however I believe they can access the new one.