+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to be a Canadian CA....when you have passed USA CPA...

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
Thanks Thomastoronto...did you try contacting them for yourself?..do you have the same backgrnd as us (in this thread)?..

panks

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
pshhe said:
yes panks that's my understanding..

setcanada, please try to contact your friends who have the same background if possible...i think thats the reason people go for CGA..
Hey Pshhe/Setcanada,

It means we would have to do Canadian CA in 3 years normal time?......How about the CGA...how much time it takes to complete?

Regards,

panks

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
setcanada said:
pshhe
Yea i already send reminder to CHC New Delhi about my case status via email and CHC send me same standard reply that My application is awaited by visa officer and no action is required from my side.
My Ecas status is same like yours Received By Visa Office and you are looking at right site dont worry
Looking at current trend i dunt think so we should expect any thing before end oct or early november New delhi CHC slow down nowdays...
Pshhe Where Are u frm.. presently are u in india or outside?
Hey SetCanada,

I had recd a letter from CHC on 18th May to undergo medicals, submit RPRF & marriage pics within 45 days of this letter......I replied to that letter on June 29th with marriage pics & RPRF and requested for extension of Medicals as we are expecting our first baby in Sep, I stated in that letter that we would undergo medicals post baby's birth...but i have not got any reply yet....is the delay normal or should i write another letter to them?

Please suggest

Regards,

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Landing on 8th April 2011 at Toronto
pshhe said:
Thanks for the info, setcanada. i would not bother to write them before Oct then...

I live in Mumbai.. what abt you?..
Pshhe ..Im from Delhi

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Hi Panks
If you didt received any communication from CHC New Delhi than ask them one more time send reminder via email and fax both...
panks said:
Hey SetCanada,

I had recd a letter from CHC on 18th May to undergo medicals, submit RPRF & marriage pics within 45 days of this letter......I replied to that letter on June 29th with marriage pics & RPRF and requested for extension of Medicals as we are expecting our first baby in Sep, I stated in that letter that we would undergo medicals post baby's birth...but i have not got any reply yet....is the delay normal or should i write another letter to them?

Please suggest

Regards,

panks

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
setcanada said:
Hi Panks
If you didt received any communication from CHC New Delhi than ask them one more time send reminder via email and fax both...
Hey SetCanada,

Could you plz share the email address and the fax number...thanks

Regards,

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Immigration Fax: (91-11) 4178-2031
Email:Delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Regds

panks said:
Hey SetCanada,

Could you plz share the email address and the fax number...thanks

Regards,

panks

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
panks said:
Hey Pshhe/Setcanada,

It means we would have to do Canadian CA in 3 years normal time?......How about the CGA...how much time it takes to complete?

Regards,
Hey SetCanada/Pshhe,

Plz respond to my below query......

Regards,

champ_indian

Star Member
Aug 11, 2010
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
File Transfer...
27-03-2010
Med's Request
CHANGED TO INPROCESS 01/11/2011 Real In Process 18/01/2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Passports with medicals send on 18 July 2012 to CIC
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi all,
I am Indian CA & want to pursue CGA or CA of Canada?
a) which one is better CGA or CA from Canada, i know CA is done as per state wise i.e. if i stay in Ontario then have to do CA from ontario.
b) Can i do documents evaluation for CGA or for CA of Canada while staying in India, i already have Good standing certificate from ICAI.

Thanks & Regards,

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
setcanada,

Hope you are ok..i am planning to transfer scores to Michigan keeping my Inactive status as it is for now...Also thinking of sending the preassessment questionairre to Alberta province to check what is expected in future for prospective CA students in Canada. This is free of cost therefore want to give it a try...please advise if you have anything to add from your side...do you mind sharing your mail id/contact nos. with us?..thanks

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Hi Pshhe & Panks
Any progress about transfer of CPA Score from Colorado Board.I guess pshhe done something isnt
Im planning to do after medical request...

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Dear All,
I am glad I found this thread and really hope if someone can answer my query. I am currently thinking of getting a CPA (USA). I understand that you need to be a CPA before you become a resident of Canada. Just wanted to know if (1) passing the examination requirement is enough before landing to be eligible for reciprocal membership of CA or you need to be a member and license holder from any of the approved board of accountancy (NASBA).

Secondly (2) when do you become a resident of Canada, is it the date when you get the visa or the date of landing and applying for PR.

I would really appreciate if someone can reply to my query.

http://www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/InternationallyTrainedAccountants/MemberRecipAcctgBody/1010page13478.aspx

“Eligibility for reciprocity is contingent upon having written all parts of the normal qualifying examination(s), or uniform CPA examination, prior to becoming a resident of, or returning as a resident to, Canada and at least three years after not being a resident of Canada. Alternatively, you must have written at least one part of the normal qualifying examination(s), or uniform CPA examination, while in a country other than Canada for at least 75% of the four years immediately preceding that examination”.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
May2010applicant said:
Dear All,
I am glad I found this thread and really hope if someone can answer my query. I am currently thinking of getting a CPA (USA). I understand that you need to be a CPA before you become a resident of Canada. Just wanted to know if (1) passing the examination requirement is enough before landing to be eligible for reciprocal membership of CA or you need to be a member and license holder from any of the approved board of accountancy (NASBA).

Secondly (2) when do you become a resident of Canada, is it the date when you get the visa or the date of landing and applying for PR.

I would really appreciate if someone can reply to my query.

http://www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/InternationallyTrainedAccountants/MemberRecipAcctgBody/1010page13478.aspx

“Eligibility for reciprocity is contingent upon having written all parts of the normal qualifying examination(s), or uniform CPA examination, prior to becoming a resident of, or returning as a resident to, Canada and at least three years after not being a resident of Canada. Alternatively, you must have written at least one part of the normal qualifying examination(s), or uniform CPA examination, while in a country other than Canada for at least 75% of the four years immediately preceding that examination”.

Just pulling up in hope of getting an answer.