+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to be a Canadian CA....when you have passed USA CPA...

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Landing on 8th April 2011 at Toronto
HOW TO GET COLORADO LICENCE

Hi,

Im posting how to get colorado licence after passing CPA exams and before following below step i will recommend to all people please do survey before sending docs

1) Once you pass your CPA exams you will get a letter congratulating you on passing. Keep this as you will need it going forward (common sense!)
2) Next start preparing for the AICPA Ethics exam. Order the book. You can get the form from here
http://www.nasbatools.com/download/485/NEW%20CO%20Ethics%20Form.pdf
3) Go through questions first and then read the material. Keep the questions in front of you at all times, so that your reading is purposeful.
4) Take the AICPA ethics exam online. You will get your result instantly online. Save the passing certificate / grades in PDF format as you will need this for your CPA license.
5) Next, get all your exam marksheets and passing certificates (from 10th std right until CA final exam including ALL years in between) certified by any CA in India as 'TRUE COPY OF ORIGINAL'. Get him/her to sign and date it and put their ICAI membership number too.
6) Send this to FACS in US. You can get the form here http://www.facsusa.com/facs2.pdf
They will evaluate your credentials and certify that as an Indian CA you are eligible to get your CPA license in Colorado under the 'education in lieu' clause. Specify while sending them your application that you need this evaluated for the CPA 'education in lieu' clause.
7) They will take 2-3 months to get back to you.
8) In the meanwhile, download your CPA license application form from http://www.nasbatools.com/download/482/NEW%20Co%20Exam%20App.pdf and fill it in..
9) You will also need to fill in a social security affidavit. You can get the form from here
http://www.nasbatools.com/download/245/CO%20SSN%20Affidavit..pdf
This has to be signed, stamped, dated and certified by a Notary public.
10) You will need a letter of good standing from ICAI. Send an email to goodstanding @ icai.in with details of your name, membership number, purpose for requesting letter and postal address. They will send you the letter by post in a month or two.
11) Keep all this ready along with a cheque for the requisite amount.
12) You will get a letter from FACS along with a letter in a sealed envelope. The loose letter is for your records. Send the other letter (in the sealed envelope) to NASBA licensing services along with items listed in 8, 9, 10 and 11 above. Their address is on the application form (see point 7 above).

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
pshhe
do update us once you receive response regarding transfer of CPA score
Thanks

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informative...

Thanks
Honeyjack

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
Friends, below is the response I recd from Stacey when i emailed at the mail ids mentioned by setcanada.

We donot have any other option but to take an active licence first. Again this would be possible only if we live in US..or else we would be back to square one..

'You may apply as a new applicant and request the State of Colorado to transfer your exam grades to Michigan. You must hold an active license to practice in another State in order to qualify for reciprocity. If this does not answer your question, please clarify. Thank you.' To transfer scores contact rwillard@nasba.org.

panks

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
pshhe said:
Friends, below is the response I recd from Stacey when i emailed at the mail ids mentioned by setcanada.

We donot have any other option but to take an active licence first. Again this would be possible only if we live in US..or else we would be back to square one..

'You may apply as a new applicant and request the State of Colorado to transfer your exam grades to Michigan. You must hold an active license to practice in another State in order to qualify for reciprocity. If this does not answer your question, please clarify. Thank you.' To transfer scores contact rwillard @ nasba.org.
Hey Pshhe/SetCanada,

It means we being Indian residents/citizen can never apply for CPA licence...right?

Regards,

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
yes panks that's my understanding..

setcanada, please try to contact your friends who have the same background if possible...i think thats the reason people go for CGA..

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
pshhe
I will try to contact my friend this sat/sunday and wil post the outcome.

pshhe said:
yes panks that's my understanding..

setcanada, please try to contact your friends who have the same background if possible...i think thats the reason people go for CGA..

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
Hi Guys,

I had mailed rwilliard@nasba.org (Rhonda Williard) about transferring the scores from CO. She did not talk anything about Active/Inactive or reciprocity etc. though i had sent her a detailed mail.

But she replied that i can very well transfer the scores to Michigan and the fees is $25.00. The form is http://www.nasba.org/nasbaweb/NASBAWeb.nsf/ENL/ScoreTrferForm/$file/COGDTFAuth.PDF and the mailing id is CPA Exam Services
150 4th Avenue North
Suite 700
Nashville, TN 37219

Please mail her incase you feel you have some more points to clear in mind..

I still doubt if an Active CPA license is required by all the province in Canada, will read in detail about all the provinces rules this weekend..we can then select the province whichever suits us...

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
pshhe
rhonda told me exactly same thing even i called up rhonda and said we can transfer score to michigan but still i have doubt thats why i ask you to reconfirm query anyway i guess we should do some more research regarding transfer of score before reaching final conclusion

pshhe said:
Hi Guys,

I had mailed rwilliard @ nasba.org (Rhonda Williard) about transferring the scores from CO. She did not talk anything about Active/Inactive or reciprocity etc. though i had sent her a detailed mail.

But she replied that i can very well transfer the scores to Michigan and the fees is $25.00. The form is http://www.nasba.org/nasbaweb/NASBAWeb.nsf/ENL/ScoreTrferForm/$file/COGDTFAuth.PDF and the mailing id is CPA Exam Services
150 4th Avenue North
Suite 700
Nashville, TN 37219

Please mail her incase you feel you have some more points to clear in mind..

I still doubt if an Active CPA license is required by all the province in Canada, will read in detail about all the provinces rules this weekend..we can then select the province whichever suits us...

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
Oh! will wait for a few more days before transferring scores then ..dont want to get into any problems later...meanwhile will read the provinces rules..

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
setcanada, i see that you hv submitted your docs 3 months ago..did you hear anything from them?..if not, are you planning to write to them?..where do you check your status...i check my status on the canada immigration website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp my status is 'Received by visa office' ..when i click on these words the date shown is the date of my first set of documents sent..i has sent my second and complete documents on May 31st...whats your status? am i looking at the right place?..

Thanks

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
pshhe
Yea i already send reminder to CHC New Delhi about my case status via email and CHC send me same standard reply that My application is awaited by visa officer and no action is required from my side.
My Ecas status is same like yours Received By Visa Office and you are looking at right site dont worry
Looking at current trend i dunt think so we should expect any thing before end oct or early november New delhi CHC slow down nowdays...
Pshhe Where Are u frm.. presently are u in india or outside?

pshhe

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
Thanks for the info, setcanada. i would not bother to write them before Oct then...

I live in Mumbai.. what abt you?..

ThomasToronto

Aug 18, 2010
Hi , One of my friends had contacted this organisation called Employability Associates. it seems they help with all sort of assessment and connecting with potential employers in Toronto. just check out the website canadianjobinfo.com :D