+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

Ciao

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011 (Application for Nomination) /Federal Part 24-05-2012
Nomination.....
07-12-2011
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
17-07-2012 / 03-06-2013(request for redo)
Med's Done....
24-08-2012 / 21-06-2013(redo)
Interview........
eCas in Process 29-05-2013
Passport Req..
October 1, 2013 / DM (eCas) - September 29, 2013 (AWESOME birthday present:P )
LANDED..........
Claimed in JESUS' Name, AMEN!
Sansglee said:
congratulations, i am glad that you got yours. So yours also came from Montreal right or do u happen to live in Montreal ? Thanks
Thanks! Passports are not in our hands yet, its in our representative's, in Montreal. Rep shall send it to my husband yet again in British Columbia, today or tom perhaps. :)

How about yours? Have you received it yet?

Thanks again! Keep the faith :)

elghoids0012

Mar 16, 2013
After 11 agonizing days, I finally got my passport back. Canadapost indeed mistakenly redirected my mail to the sender's postal code. After I complained about it, they tracked my mail, emphasized where it should be going HOWEVER they rewrote a wrong postal code thus causing more delays.. I really should complain about this but I got my passport now. That's all that really matters.

Thanks for all the help. Another journey begins today and now it's for the better.. ;D ;D ;D

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Ciao said:
Thanks! Passports are not in our hands yet, its in our representative's, in Montreal. Rep shall send it to my husband yet again in British Columbia, today or tom perhaps. :)

[/quote

Thanks. not yet. Waiting, may be today or tomorrow.

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
elghoids0012 said:
After 11 agonizing days, I finally got my passport back. Canadapost indeed mistakenly redirected my mail to the sender's postal code. After I complained about it, they tracked my mail, emphasized where it should be going HOWEVER they rewrote a wrong postal code thus causing more delays.. I really should complain about this but I got my passport now. That's all that really matters.

Thanks for all the help. Another journey begins today and now it's for the better.. ;D ;D ;D
congratulations elghoids0012 . i m glad that you got your passport back.

westzhu

Aug 11, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
2232 Mechanical Engineering Technologist
App. Filed.......
30 Jul 2012 to SINP ; 21 Feb 2013 to CIO
Nomination.....
05 Feb 2013 SINP
AOR Received.
02 Apr 2013
Med's Request
05 Apr 2013
Med's Done....
09 Apr 2013 ; "Med Rec'd" 16 May 2013
Passport Req..
"In Process" 21 June 2013 ; "PPR" 15 Oct 2013;
VISA ISSUED...
"Decision Made" 14 Oct 2013 ; "Visa Issued" 15 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Tracker activated tonight 20:43 pm @ Ottawa ;D

Hopefully receive PPs back by the end of Wednesday.

It took CPP-O 18 calendar days to stamp our PPs.

Ours were received at CPP-O on October 25, 2013.

Good luck everyone!

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Ciao said:

hi Ciao, Did your rep or anybody found out why our tracker got activated in Montreal rather than Ottawa ? Is there any difference ?
Please advise. Thanks

Ciao

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011 (Application for Nomination) /Federal Part 24-05-2012
Nomination.....
07-12-2011
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
17-07-2012 / 03-06-2013(request for redo)
Med's Done....
24-08-2012 / 21-06-2013(redo)
Interview........
eCas in Process 29-05-2013
Passport Req..
October 1, 2013 / DM (eCas) - September 29, 2013 (AWESOME birthday present:P )
LANDED..........
Claimed in JESUS' Name, AMEN!
Sansglee said:
hi Ciao, Did your rep or anybody found out why our tracker got activated in Montreal rather than Ottawa ? Is there any difference ?
Please advise. Thanks
Hi Sansglee! My husband is pondering on the idea that there could be various sorting facilities where parcels are possibly brought. Some to Ottawa and some to Montreal. That's actually what we're suspecting. And in our case, it may be because our rep's location is at Montreal. Possibility is that yours was brought there randomly. I am actually not sure though. I think you should check/coordinate with Canada Post. :)

Hth. Cheers! :)

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Ciao said:
Hi Sansglee! My husband is pondering on the idea that there could be various sorting facilities where parcels are possibly brought. Some to Ottawa and some to Montreal. That's actually what we're suspecting. And in our case, it may be because our rep's location is at Montreal. Possibility is that yours was brought there randomly. I am actually not sure though. I think you should check/coordinate with Canada Post. :)

Hth. Cheers! :)
I got my passport back. Thanks to everyone in this forum for helping me out.. Thanks a lot once again. i just got a quick question though, may be people who already got visa can help. in the number of entries field it says 1 (one). is that normal ?? please help. once again thanks to everyone.

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Mine is taking so long :(

They received our passports on October 18 and until now the tracker is not yet activated

naik13

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sansglee said:
I got my passport back. Thanks to everyone in this forum for helping me out.. Thanks a lot once again. i just got a quick question though, may be people who already got visa can help. in the number of entries field it says 1 (one). is that normal ?? please help. once again thanks to everyone.
The PR visa issues only for 1 means single entry visa to Canada, once you arrived and received your PR card then you can travel back multiple times..

elghoids0012

Mar 16, 2013
Anyone waiting for their passports back and planning to do their landing in the coming weeks, as much as possible, please try to avoid doing your landing in the Coutts border or more specifically, please try to avoid having your pr activated by an Officer Bly. I've always prepared myself to be interrogated or be rudely handled by the US border officers but never in my life have I expected that I will encounter a very rude Canadian Border Officer. i was all excited doing the landing process but while going through him... I almost wanted to leave Coutts border and do my landing elsewhere. Nevertheless, I am still very happy to have finally finished this application but from here onwards, I will never ever go back to that border ever again.

A little advice, when you do your landing, please bring your old and current work permits and if you have a personal copy of your police clearance, bring them as well.

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
finally got the landing done. thanks to everyone for their help. Anybody know how long does it take to get the PR card ?