+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

User_23

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/07/2013
AOR Received.
30/07/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
06/06/2013
Passport Req..
06/09/2013 IP Since: 29/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 06/04/2014
uslover said:
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very happy for you!!!! :D :D :D
MSB_Boparai said:
congratsss big time.... I hope that I get mine coming week or so.... mine 8 weeks done and still waiting. so i hope after 7 weeks it comes out to be mine 8th week
Ever since I saw the email earlier this week, I had a firm belief that CPP-O is looking into our cases.... I know how frustrating it is to wait with no clue of what's going on.. I really wish you guys get your passports back by next week...

pineapple

Star Member
Jul 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 June 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
11 June 2012
AOR Received.
2 Aug 2012 from CIO-NS
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
9 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
14 Aug 2012, ecas updated to medical results received Oct 1 2012, in process Oct 2 2012
Passport Req..
March 12 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 15 2013
LANDED..........
April 26 2013
Finally !!!!!

2013/04/19 19:51 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Now hopefully I will get everything safely.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
pineapple said:
Finally !!!!!

2013/04/19 19:51 OTTAWA Item processed at postal facility

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Now hopefully I will get everything safely.
Congrats~~ :) :) You are almost there

Hopefully next week is my turn :)

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
MSB_Boparai said:
lucky can u tell how many emails did u sent to OPP
I have sent 3 in total till now. and havent heard for any
Hi
I have sent 3 emails, for the first mail I got same day reply, for the second and third they took a while and this monday, without asking anything they sent a reply saying they have received my passport, and processing time unknow.regards,...luckyroyal.

babyq

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo - cpp ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 13, 2011
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
march 2012
Med's Done....
may 2012
Passport Req..
feb 19, 2013
Thanks to everyone's sharing of experiences. We did our landing from Phils to Vancouver last Apr 15 and it was good. This is a very helpful forum. I learned everything from day 1 up to the end, did my application by myself. If there's anyone who needs help, opinions, tips and suggestion based on my experience... just message. Ill try to help as much as I could. goodluck to everyone! :) :D ;D :-*

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, I completed the landing at Niagara Falls border and it is all done!!

I crossed the rainbow bridge on foot and went into US border office. US officer checked my passport (I have US visa) and I was on the US side in less than one minute.
I ate lunch and roamed around Niagara Falls on the US side for sometime.

Then I crossed the rainbow bridge back to Canada. I told the Canadian officer that I want to do landing. She asked whether any of my luggage is coming later. I said no.
She gave me a yellow slip and guided to another office.

In the other office, I waited for 15 mins in queue and then officer called me. She asked me whether I am carrying more than $10,000. She asked for bank statements to show funds. I told her I have a job in Toronto. She asked for employer letter or pay slips. I showed her the pay slips I had downloaded in my mobile (I did not have printed pay slips). She checked and said it is OK.

Then after 5 mins, she called me and asked to sign on COPR. She gave one copy of COPR to me and said you are a permanent resident now & you can get permanent SIN and health card.

So after an application process of 1 year and 2 months (including PNP) in which I spent hours and hours in gathering information and filling application forms, it is all done!!

hemu_vnit

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 June 2012
AOR Received.
26 July 2012
Med's Request
31 July 2012
Med's Done....
20 August 2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013, passport reached CPP-O - 04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013, PP received back on 18-04-2013
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
I did my landing yesterday at Lacolle border in Quebec. I am the principal applicant and I landed alone, my wife would land later. I went with a guy who has ride service to the border for this work. He know all the guys at the immigration at US and Canada and was helpful to me in my process. He drove me to the US border. Immigration officer at US side knew him, he asked for passports for two of us. I told him that I want to return back to Canada to do my landing. He gave us refusal of admission letter (I do have US visit visa btw).

We returned back to Canada border and gave this letter to officer there. He asked us why we are visiting Canada. He took our passports, looked at immigrant visa and I told him that I am here for my landing for my permanent residence. He gave me a yellow slip and directed to the immigration bulding. There, again officer knew this guy with me. He took our passports, asked me for my documents. I gave him COPR and CSQ. He then asked us to wait and said that they will call me. There was around 20 people waiting before me. I waited for around 1 hour to get called. Then the immigration officer asked me for my address and phone number on piece of paper. I gave it to him. He then asked me wether I have checked the details on my COPR. I said yes. He then asked me whether I have been convicted for any cirme or refused the admission in Canada? I said no. He noted it down on COPR. Then I was asked to sign on two copies of COPR, one was with them already. I had to put my initials and sign. He then asked me what is my profession and wether I was on work permit in Canada. I said yes and told about it. He then said my PR card will be sent to me in around 6 weeks and I had to get new SIN from Service Canada and health card from Quebec. He didnt ask me anything about the proof of funds. I had bank statement and cash with me. I also had my work permit copy with me.

Then he gave me the passport, my copy of COPR, CSQ and directed me to go to lady officer who took my documents. She asked me whether I will be importing anything. I said no and she then mentioned it in goods to follow form. Then she asked me to sign that form and she said it was done. She returned me my documents and thats it !! I am PR of Canada now!!

This has been a great thread keeping us informed and hopeful in the wait for our passports. I wish all the guys who are still waiting for their passports best of luck.