+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

Peter11

Star Member
Sep 27, 2012
Canada, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
Doc's Request.
April 2012
Nomination.....
October 2012
AOR Received.
09 November 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
22 November 2012
Med's Request
12 February 2013
Med's Done....
23 February 2013; In Process : 16 April,2013; RRPF paid : 23 Arpil,2013.
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23July,2013
VISA ISSUED...
31July,2013
LANDED..........
31July,2013
I have not yet sent passports. I was asked to complete RCMP fingerprinting after medicals. RCMP clearance was sent to them on 11 April, 2013. And today the status changed !!!

Peter

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Peter11 said:
I have not yet sent passports. I was asked to complete RCMP fingerprinting after medicals. RCMP clearance was sent to them on 11 April, 2013. And today the status changed !!!

Peter
than expect it within 1-3 months. could be next month or at the max july

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
mike.1980 said:
those ones who received their passports, Did you get single Entry visa or multiple entry visa?
Thanks
Hi,
Just now I have received my passports, and it is single entry and they have cancelled my old visa.
regards,
....luckyroyal.

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
viber30 said:
Congrats lucky ...Were your old visa's still not expired ?
Hi viber30,
Thanks and they were valid until July'2013, but not now.
regards,
...luckyroyal.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyroyal said:
Hi viber30,
Thanks and they were valid until July'2013, but not now.
regards,
...luckyroyal.
Mine was valid until September 2015 and they cancelled it after issuing an Immigrant visa. Oh well, I am a permanent resident now so whatever lol

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
CANMAPLE said:
Mine was valid until September 2015 and they cancelled it after issuing an Immigrant visa. Oh well, I am a permanent resident now so whatever lol
Hi CANMAPLE,
congrats and I will land tomorrow.
regards
..luckyroyal.

melioris

Feb 2, 2013
melioris said:
Hey guys, this is only my second post, my first being good news and receiving my PPR, this one is not so good. My PPR story so far...

After reading posts from Bkkkk, I had no choice but to contact my local MP too for help;

Hello John,

I hope you are well -

I have been guided by members of a forum to contact you regarding the whereabouts of my passport.

My PR application is being processed by the Case Processing Pilot: Ottawa (CPP-O) office.

On February 1st, I was sent an e-mail from CPP-O requesting my passport to be sent to them for finalizing. In this package I was to include a pre-paid Xpresspost envelope to return my passport. The tracker number for the return envelope is RW751158***CA. I sent CPP-O my passport on February 25th, which they received March 1st, tracker number: RW751158***CA.

On April 9th I emailed CPP-O to confirm they had received my passport. On the same day I received an e-mail from them stating CPP-O had returned my passport and landing papers on March 28th, via 'snail-mail' because there was no pre-paid return envelope in my package, although I am 100% confident I included it.

I moved address back in November 2012 and a couple of weeks before I moved I updated my address on eCas, an account on the CIC website, so that any future correspondence would be sent to my new address. However on the passport request e-mail from CPP-O it still had my old address.

I have e-mailed CPP-O twice, asking for the address they sent my passport to.
It has been a week since I sent them an e-mail, no reply yet.

Usually I do not worry about things, but with this being my passport and permanent residency I cannot help but feel lost.

My old landlord is aware of my situation and she is keeping a look out for anything that may have my name on it and has also spoken to the new tenants to forward anything that has my name on it.

Apparently you may be able to help me settle my nerves and find out the address they sent it to or if it has already been returned to them due to an attempted delivery. Also the reasons behind them not using my pre-paid envelope.

My application details;

UCI: *********

Application: ***********

DOB: ************

Kind regards, Sean Rees.

Since this e-mail I am yet to receive information from CPP-O, even though I have e-mailed CPP-O two more times since April 12th, John's Office has obtained all the necessary information from myself and started a case with CPP-O.

I have a new job lined up for June, my work permit ties me to my current job. I know if I have to get a new passport from the UK it wont be in time for June, let alone having to send it to CPP-O for CoPR. Might have to kiss the new job goodbye.

You are not alone Bkkkk, I hope things work out for the both of us soon. I'll keep you guys posted with any development.

Peace.
My MP called me today, passport was sent back to my old address. I have spoken to my old landlord again, she is going to speak to the current tenants and see if they have seen it and if so, threw it in the garbage or returned to Ottawa...

Bkkkk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Owatta
NOC Code......
Strategic Occupations
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jun2012
Doc's Request.
02 Oct2012
Nomination.....
14 Feb2012
AOR Received.
18 July2012
Med's Request
18 July2012
Med's Done....
20 July2012
Passport Req..
6 Mar2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa and PP: LOST
LANDED..........
13 May2013
melioris,

good that your MP was able to help you, at least you know your PP and COPR didn't just get lost in transit by canada post. I am not sure how my MP can help me out seriosuly. My appointment is on Monday, they didnt just want to deal with my case over the phone or email. I am in the simialr situation as yous, my work permit ties me to my current job, and I want to move on with my career. It is going to take more than 6 weeks in order for me to get the replacement PP from UK. :-[

Hope the new tenants keep your mail !!! Keep us posted. finger cross.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bkkkk said:
melioris,

good that your MP was able to help you, at least you know your PP and COPR didn't just get lost in transit by canada post. I am not sure how my MP can help me out seriosuly. My appointment is on Monday, they didnt just want to deal with my case over the phone or email. I am in the simialr situation as yous, my work permit ties me to my current job, and I want to move on with my career. It is going to take more than 6 weeks in order for me to get the replacement PP from UK. :-[

Hope the new tenants keep your mail !!! Keep us posted. finger cross.

Hey Bkkkk

I didnt know that you're brit...do you have a sexy british accent?
and why do you guys call underwear nickers?

McMont

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2011
Doc's Request.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
Sep. 2011
Med's Done....
Sep. 2011
Passport Req..
Feb. 2013
Hi everyone,
I sent an email to Ottawa this morning regarding whereabouts of my passport and I also told them that my study permit will expire in 2 weeks. I received the following email back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file has been added to a priority list. A follow up will be completed on your application at the earliest convenience.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Hope this means something good. I wonder if anyone got a similar message and if they took their passport back soon after the message.
Thanks.
PS They received my passport March 6th.