+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

StillWaiting87

Mar 12, 2013
luckyroyal said:
Hmmm,
atleast yours took one day to deliver, mine took 5 days (two weekends + 3 week days)..thru canadapost...
regards,
....luckyroyal
I live in Ottawa, so it wasn't that far for them to deliver quickly :)

rizvisy1

Mar 14, 2013
rajkatak said:
Thanks giluy for your info, but how the heck anyone in US get Canada Express envelope, i was willing to send FedEx/UPS envelope but their email to me says below , also per their latest notifications the passports received in Detroit, buffalo consulate are being sent to CPP-O as well, and i dont belive they have Canada Xpres post envelopes.

We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

I have applied for visas to few other countries, and nobody took more than 2 weeks to return PP. This guys in CPP-O really needs to get their pigs straight before asking passports and holding them for months and months.

The big problem is there CPP-O call center number works only from inside canada and not from USA or other country..no matter what calling card/VOIP you use, not sure why would they do that.
I strongly believe those who are asked to send pports out side Canada do not have to send return envelops, otherwise they would have mentioned clearly. I have friends and family who applied from different places and their visa offices are outside the country where they are living. canadian consulate after visa stamp return through courier service. They did not sent any envelops.

Bkkkk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Owatta
NOC Code......
Strategic Occupations
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jun2012
Doc's Request.
02 Oct2012
Nomination.....
14 Feb2012
AOR Received.
18 July2012
Med's Request
18 July2012
Med's Done....
20 July2012
Passport Req..
6 Mar2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa and PP: LOST
LANDED..........
13 May2013
Mine:

sent from Vancouver: 11 Mar 2012 ( 11AM )
delivered: 13 Mar 2012 by David Turpin ( 7AM )

return envelope tracking has not activated yet
status updated to Decision Made

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
rizvisy1 said:
I strongly believe those who are asked to send pports out side Canada do not have to send return envelops, otherwise they would have mentioned clearly. I have friends and family who applied from different places and their visa offices are outside the country where they are living. canadian consulate after visa stamp return through courier service. They did not sent any envelops.
Thanks Rizvisy1 for your information, that was helpful. I saw on this forum that when peoples used to send their PP to buffalo or detroit, most of them got their PP back within 2 weeks, dont know whats wrong with this CPP-O office for holding PP's for months w/o providing any update, they should mention this timeline in the PPR request they sent via email, so that peoples can plan in advance. charging CA$ 490 and providing this kind of service is totally unacceptable. :mad:

rizvisy1

Mar 14, 2013
rajkatak said:
Thanks Rizvisy1 for your information, that was helpful. I saw on this forum that when peoples used to send their PP to buffalo or detroit, most of them got their PP back within 2 weeks, dont know whats wrong with this CPP-O office for holding PP's for months w/o providing any update, they should mention this timeline in the PPR request they sent via email, so that peoples can plan in advance. charging CA$ 490 and providing this kind of service is totally unacceptable. :mad:
The problem is I am in US and can't call their phone number. I will wait for few more days and send them an email to get update on passports. That is fustrating, keeping pports for so long.

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
rizvisy1 said:
The problem is I am in US and can't call their phone number. I will wait for few more days and send them an email to get update on passports. That is fustrating, keeping pports for so long.
when did u mailed your PP from US?, did you provide any return envelope?? sending them email is waste of time, they will not respond, I have already sent 2 emails and still waiting. I dont think they have any way to track this things and its somewhere in huge pile alongwith other passports...scary :eek:

rizvisy1

Mar 14, 2013
rajkatak said:
when did u mailed your PP from US?, did you provide any return envelope?? sending them email is waste of time, they will not respond, I have already sent 2 emails and still waiting. I dont think they have any way to track this things and its somewhere in huge pile alongwith other passports...scary :eek:
I sent on 4th March. I guess it is minimum one month time these days, no return envelops, I consulted my Lawyer and they adviced not required to send envelop since they did not asked it.

T

tonyjune

Has anyone (whose passport was delivered to CPP-O in March) confirmed from CPP-O via email if they have received it? What was their response?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StillWaiting87 said:
Anyone from February got their tracking number activated? This is getting really frustrating, has been over a month for me now...
No sir. I check every 90 minutes and it is not activated

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
No sir. I check every 90 minutes and it is not activated

Isn't it a common sense that people applying for from USA from other country and being without passport means you cannot go anywhere outside the country, even your home country in case of emergency? Processing time beyond a month is unacceptable be it any reason, especially for a non resident in US whose primary legal document for their presence in US is their passport.

If they are swamped they need to hire more peoples and add resources, that should not be a reason to keep passports for months and months. Every country i have applied visas before has some way to Track passports on the website i.e VFS Golbel in India, Travisa in USA, provides complete PP tracking. This country really needs some innovation in this area, given that immigration business is one of their bread and butter.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
StillWaiting87 said:
Anyone from February got their tracking number activated? This is getting really frustrating, has been over a month for me now...
Not me. Passport was received there on Feb 11th, and the tracker hasn't been set off yet. Are they hoarding passports in Ottawa now?

senuli

Nov 15, 2011
Hi,
I sent my passport to CPP-O on 21st February to get PR VISA, But still I don't not recive it. I am not able to contact CPP-O either.
They are not replying to email inquaries also. Are there any one facing same situation?

Thanks,

Senuli