+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
goodluck999 said:
Mine has been showing decision made for 3 weeks......still did get my passport back..I need to book a ticket to go travel:(
I am in the same boat as you guys, I am here in US on work visa, applied through the AINP programme received the PPR from CPP-O on 15th Feb and my pasports reached there on 22nd Feb, still waiting. I have some important travel out of country on last week of march and its getting really concerning. I sent them email few days back and not heard anything back.
Also i have not sent any return envelope, since i didnt had access to canada express post, is it necessary to send a return envelope??, any guidance from senior members will be appreciated.

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Gonna said:
Thanx guys mine was also changed before sending to them I just thought that I receive good news soon after long wait its hard to wait longer
Same here, status changed to descision made before I sent passports, Its really hard to understand why this folks are taking so long just to print COPR and mail it to applicants, rather then holding passports of so many peoples for so long.

giluy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
Med's Request
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
In Process 08-02-2013
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
rajkatak said:
I am in the same boat as you guys, I am here in US on work visa, applied through the AINP programme received the PPR from CPP-O on 15th Feb and my pasports reached there on 22nd Feb, still waiting. I have some important travel out of country on last week of march and its getting really concerning. I sent them email few days back and not heard anything back.
Also i have not sent any return envelope, since i didnt had access to canada express post, is it necessary to send a return envelope??, any guidance from senior members will be appreciated.
Hi rajkatak,

As I know, It is a must to include the return envelope in the package. Otherwise, they will use normal mail to send back which means no guarantee and takes longer. It seems u have to do sth with CIC (call them, etc...) otherwise u will miss ur important travel...

Hope it helps.

giluy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
Med's Request
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
In Process 08-02-2013
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Hi,

I think Decision Made doesn't mean anything. I got Decision Made 2 days after the PPR but I am now waiting for my paasport n CoPR. The Express Canada Post is not triggered yet, nothing ... nothing at all....

The_Boss

Feb 13, 2013
In a similar situation here, I've sent my passport on Feb 15 and still no news from them. For those who received their Passport back along with the COPR, did they actually use the prepaid return envelope or just regular mail? Hopefully someone that's been in the whole process is still in the forum to provide an answer from their experience.

goodluck999

Star Member
Dec 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
SOON!!
VISA ISSUED...
SOON!!
The_Boss said:
In a similar situation here, I've sent my passport on Feb 15 and still no news from them. For those who received their Passport back along with the COPR, did they actually use the prepaid return envelope or just regular mail? Hopefully someone that's been in the whole process is still in the forum to provide an answer from their experience.
Same question!

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I am in the US as well. I sent my passports to a friend in Canada and he posted them by Canada Post to cpp-o address. The return envelop has an address of my friend, so hopefully I will be able to track return delivery. My passports reached cpp-o on March 4.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Boss said:
In the past when I used to send my passport for TRV's, the passport was sent back using the express envelope

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
giluy said:
Hi rajkatak,

As I know, It is a must to include the return envelope in the package. Otherwise, they will use normal mail to send back which means no guarantee and takes longer. It seems u have to do sth with CIC (call them, etc...) otherwise u will miss ur important travel...

Hope it helps.
Thanks giluy for your info, but how the heck anyone in US get Canada Express envelope, i was willing to send FedEx/UPS envelope but their email to me says below , also per their latest notifications the passports received in Detroit, buffalo consulate are being sent to CPP-O as well, and i dont belive they have Canada Xpres post envelopes.

We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

I have applied for visas to few other countries, and nobody took more than 2 weeks to return PP. This guys in CPP-O really needs to get their pigs straight before asking passports and holding them for months and months.

The big problem is there CPP-O call center number works only from inside canada and not from USA or other country..no matter what calling card/VOIP you use, not sure why would they do that.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkatak said:
The big problem is there CPP-O call center number works only from inside canada and not from USA or other country..no matter what calling card/VOIP you use, not sure why would they do that.
From PMM

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
From PMM

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Nah..buddy already tried that once, after dialing above number then 1, 2...it tries to connect to CIC toll free number and that dosent work outside of canada, since its toll free, they need to have another non toll free number which works outside of canada.

Have you tried the above from outside canada??

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkatak said:
Nah..buddy already tried that once, after dialing above number then 1, 2...it tries to connect to CIC toll free number and that dosent work outside of canada, since its toll free, they need to have another non toll free number which works outside of canada.

Have you tried the above from outside canada??
yes I have, and it worked

M

makif

I sent my passport via Canadapost xpress and it was received by CPP-O on 6th March signed by Dave Turpin.

I sent CPP-O an email after a week and they replied that they did not receive my passport.

Is there anyone else here whose documents were received by Dave Turpin? and does it take CPP-O more than a week to enter in their systems after the passport is received at their office?

I would really appreciate any experiences/replies.

Thank you

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Mine was received today by G FETHER, anyone has same signature?

rajkatak

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
makif said:
I sent my passport via Canadapost xpress and it was received by CPP-O on 6th March signed by Dave Turpin.

I sent CPP-O an email after a week and they replied that they did not receive my passport.

Is there anyone else here whose documents were received by Dave Turpin? and does it take CPP-O more than a week to enter in their systems after the passport is received at their office?

I would really appreciate any experiences/replies.

Thank you
Damn, This CPP-O place looks like a big...big mess, created by canadian government...how can they be so careless about other peoples Passports after charging them with CAD 490, do they even realize the nightmare one has to face when somebody dont know where there passport is, especially when they are in foreign country?? they need to be answerable for this.