+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after the medical results?

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hi All,

Anybody can help me, How much time we have to wait for the decision after medical?
We applied on May 2004 and AOR received on June 2004. Received medical instructions on Nov 2007. We sent to CHC Singapore our Medical results on 30 Nov 2007 and Police clearance and worth statement on Dec 2007 But, until now we haven't receive any letter from CHC Singapore yet. I always check the online status and it says In process - medical results had been received. By the way my husband is the principal applicant and the dependents are me and our 2 year old daughter. I hope you can shed some lights on my query.

Thank you,

Abbey

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
heheheee... aahh, how long after the medicals? well, I have asked that a few times before.

For most people it takes around 2-3 months to get the passport requests. But that depends on a few things: how many countries you have lived in, having a last name like BinLaden, being pregnant, having a medical condition, or other info that could make the wait time loger.

People waiting 8-10 months, or having to retake the medicals because of a wait period longer than a year and then receiving their passport request with no problems is not unheard of.

For me it's been about 6 months, 16 days, and 1 hour since the hospital sent the results and I haven't heard back from them yet - not that I'm keeping track or anything.

The point is, there's no need to worry as long as CIC does not give you a reason to do so.

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
hi

abbey_joy said:
Hi All,

Anybody can help me, How much time we have to wait for the decision after medical?
We applied on May 2004 and AOR received on June 2004. Received medical instructions on Nov 2007. We sent to CHC Singapore our Medical results on 30 Nov 2007 and Police clearance and worth statement on Dec 2007 But, until now we haven't receive any letter from CHC Singapore yet. I always check the online status and it says In process - medical results had been received. By the way my husband is the principal applicant and the dependents are me and our 2 year old daughter. I hope you can shed some lights on my query.

Thank you,

Abbey
You must send an email to CIC after waiting 3 months.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Just relax you will be contacted soon. The delay has to do with voloume of applications being attended to fro that part of the world.

Oloye

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
My medicals were completed on 4 October, 2007. And my online status still shows "In Progress", like it has been for the last four years. No indication of "Medicals Received" like yours. So after three and a half months since doing my medicals we are still waiting for CIC Singapore to reply. Till then we'll keep playing the "waiting game" like most of the people on this forum. Meanwhile I am getting on with the life....
BEST WISHES TO ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA, and All the Luck Too...

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hi ALL,

Thanks for your reply.

Mike, I am just curious did you try to click on the "IN PROCESS"? When you click the IN PROCESS you will then see there "Medical results have been received".

GOOD LUCK!!!

Abbey

Feb 18, 2008
Abbey Joy,

As Olaoye stated it depends with the back log. Sometimes the cic can forget to update there website 'med received' but will soon write to you to request for ppt. once ppt received they will definately show 'complete' on the profile. have you all paid the right of permanent resident fee yet.

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Abbey,

Yes !!! every time I access the site I click on the "in progress" and it goes to the page which states when CIC started processing my application, i.e 2 March 2004.

Which country did you apply from Abbey ?
Best Wishes..........,

Mike

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Yes Martha my Right of Residence fee along with my financial worth statements were submitted on 22 October, 2007

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hello Martha,

We sent our application on May 2004 together with the Right of permanent residence fee plus the principal and spouse processing fee. Then, we received the official receipt on June 2004.

Thanks and regards,
abbey

Feb 18, 2008
Mike lets hope they will get in touch very soon coz from 22 October its past 3 months and 3 wks. Just be patients once the cic has gotten your dollars they will definately get back to you.

Abbey so have you heard from them after the letter you received in jun 2004

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hi Martha,

Our medical done on Nov 2007 and also our Police Clearance and worth statement sent on Dec 2007.
My husband and I submitted 3 police clearances because we have stayed in 3 different countries.
You think the checking of criminal background is the cause of the delay? Just curious...

thanks and regards,
abbey

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
abbey_joy said:
Our medical done on Nov 2007 and also our Police Clearance and worth statement sent on Dec 2007.
My husband and I submitted 3 police clearances because we have stayed in 3 different countries.
You think the checking of criminal background is the cause of the delay? Just curious...
I also have 3 countries that are up for background checks - almost 7 months since medicals sent with no reply. To me, that's the most logical reason for the delay.

That, or my file folder slipped between the desks at the office and no one has noticed.