+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after the medical results?

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
HI Mike,

No phone calls from CIC SIN. They just sent us medical instruction plus asking us to send another docs such as worth statement and PCC. CIC always communicating us by post.

Any particular reason why you are asking those questions?

Did you apply alone or with your family as skilled immigrant?

cheers
abbey

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Abbey,

I applied with my family including 3 children.

The reason I asked about the tel. call was - CIC called me. I guess it was a kind of telephonic interview.
After which I got my medicals & personal worth statements.

Mike

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
hello mike,

The first letter you sent to CIC Sin on Feb 2008 did you signed it? Because on the CIC Sin website it says email or fax a signed letter.

abbey

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Mike,

The inquiry letter you sent to CIC on February 2008 regarding the status of your application. Did you sign it then scan and email to CIC Sin? How did you do the letter? please advice...

cheers
abbey

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Abbey,

No signature, no scanned copy. Just and ordinary details.
Don't forget to mention your full name, address & file no.

Mike

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
I GOT AN EMAIL!!!!

Ok, ok... breeaatheee innnnn.... breaatheee ouuuuttt......

I'm trying to keep my feet to the ground. It won't be over until it's over. But today, after almost 3 emails, 2 faxes, and 8 months since I did my medicals, I got an email from CIC Caracas saying (ahem, ahem):

[quote author= CIC Caracas]
Dear Mr. Yojimbo,

We have received your e-mails regarding the status of your Immigration file. In order to continue with the process we will need you to provide us with a new Japanese police certificate. Once we receive this, we will be ready to issue your permanent visa.
[/quote]

I mean, I don't want to get too excited yet...BUT COMMON! but you have no idea how much I was feeling the pressure. Job contracts, moving countries, weddings to attend to... it all HAS to happen next month and now that I have this clear sign, it just got a whole easier to plan.

I've requested the police certificate, it will be ready in 10 days. I will send it to the embassy in 10.1 days.

Good luck everyone, lets keep on waiting but with a little more hope.

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hello,

YOgimbo, thats good news to hear from you.
Good luck!!! I am still waiting CIC Sin to reply my email.

abbey

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Hey mike, abbey, thanks for the nice wishes :)

They didn't specify which email they were responding. Then again, all the emails and faxes I sent were pretty much the same. I think it was a matter of time regardless of my attempts to contact them, when the time came, they contacted me.

By the way, there is a very, very high chance that those words can be interpreted just like they sound right? I'm really hoping that "we'll be ready to issue your visa" does not mean, "we'll be ready to continue processing"... you know, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Re: How long after the medical results? " Received PPR today"

Hi All,

I received the PPR letter today from CHC Sin. The letter was sent on 22nd January and was mis sent for 2 months. Now the letter says that we should send the passport and picture with in 60days. This is already overdue since the letter was dated 18the January and its 25th March now.

You think there will be no problem if we send the passport and explanation letter for the delay?
Or please give us some advise on what to do, I am planning to send or pp this week.

cheers
Abbey

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Re: How long after the medical results? " Received PPR today"

Hi "abbey_joy "

abbey_joy said:
Hi All,

I received the PPR letter today from CHC Sin. The letter was sent on 22nd January and was mis sent for 2 months. Now the letter says that we should send the passport and picture with in 60days. This is already overdue since the letter was dated 18the January and its 25th March now.

You think there will be no problem if we send the passport and explanation letter for the delay?
Or please give us some advise on what to do, I am planning to send or pp this week.

cheers
Abbey
Congratulations for getting passport request. Send an Email immidiately to CIC explaing the situation, tell them that you are sending the passports without any further delay. And do not delay to send the passports and photographs as requested.

Wish you Best of Luck

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hi Gurdeep,

Yes i will send the passport, pic and explanation today with DHL Courier.
Thank you for your reply.

cheers
abbey