Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
jayjay27 said:
Thanks tink23...but where can I buy that plastic envelope? Was that the one you used?
Well, I was paranoid water would get into my application (lol) so I went to Staples and bought a big plastic envelope, then I went to UPS and mailed it inside one of their envelopes. So it was double sealed.

Try Staples for an envelope.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
jayjay27 said:
Wow!...you gave me better idea...probably I'll do that instead if you don't mind...
Of course! Good luck.

Christypillar

Aug 31, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this thread. I bookmarked it as soon as I found it and my husband and I have consulted it many times during our preparations.

Seagulls_13

Apr 26, 2013
Hi there,

We are doing the final compiling of our family class application for common-law sponsorship and can't wait to get it finished and submitted. However, I guess this is the most vital part as we have to make sure that we have everything we need and do everything right so that the application is not sent back.

We have been reading some very useful and informative threads on this site (particularly this post, which we have been referring to a lot) as to how other people compiled their applications to send them, but are still unsure on a couple of things.

One question we have is whether to put all of the proof of relationship evidence separate as a third part of the application (parts 1 and 2 being the sponsor forms and the sponsored forms)? The IMM5490 Sponsored Partner Questionnaire asks for 'documentary proof', but is it ok to just refer them to the separate 'Proof of Relationship' section? Otherwise, we would basically be submitting the same evidence twice.

Any advice would be great

Thanks very much

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Seagulls_13 said:
Hi there,

We are doing the final compiling of our family class application for common-law sponsorship and can't wait to get it finished and submitted. However, I guess this is the most vital part as we have to make sure that we have everything we need and do everything right so that the application is not sent back.

We have been reading some very useful and informative threads on this site (particularly this post, which we have been referring to a lot) as to how other people compiled their applications to send them, but are still unsure on a couple of things.

One question we have is whether to put all of the proof of relationship evidence separate as a third part of the application (parts 1 and 2 being the sponsor forms and the sponsored forms)? The IMM5490 Sponsored Partner Questionnaire asks for 'documentary proof', but is it ok to just refer them to the separate 'Proof of Relationship' section? Otherwise, we would basically be submitting the same evidence twice.

Any advice would be great

Thanks very much
We compiled ours like that. First sponsor forms and identity documents, second applicant forms and identity documents, and lastly all extra relationship proof like pictures, receipts from wedding and rent receipts, letter from family and friends, etc. In the sponsor questionnaire and everything, we referred to the relationship proof. We didn't put anything into envelops, just bull clips and then wrapped it all together with a giant elastic thing.

khimmy

Dec 19, 2014
Hi, I would like to ask for help, my husband and I are applying for Sponsorship of A Spouse. Im the sponsored person, so I fill out Part 3 of the application forms which Country Specific, Im almost done but there are some instruction and questions I dont understand, hope to hear from you soon. So my first question is
1. In APPENDIX A DOCUMENT CHECKLIST- IMMIGRANT it says “ Send the following documents with your application and check each box when they are enclosed." What if I don’t fill out some forms because its not applicable for me. What will I right in the box? X or leave it blank.

2. In APPENDIX A DOCUMENT CHECKLIST- IMMIGRANT No. 8 Identity and Civil Status Documents
My applicable documents are only BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, is it ok?

3. In APPENDIX A DOCUMENT CHECKLIST- IMMIGRANT No. 11 Proof of Relationship To Sponsor.
We only have wedding photos, photos of yourself and your sponsor together (old and new), emails (skype and kakao talk only) , remittance slips, exit stamps only . Is this enough ?
*How many old and new photos? I got like 110 photos, is it enough?
*Is this okie, our conversation in skype and kakao is only print screen and I paste it in the white paper and print it.

reyvico

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
hi, i am new in this forum. i hope someone can give me some advice.
i came to winnipeg manitoba all by myself last january 2014 and after 4 months i returned to the philippines and got married to my long time partner. we had a simple civil wedding.. and our marrige certificate is under article 34 which states that we didnt require a marriage license since we were living together for 5 years. the problem is when i applied under mpnp, i didnt declare him as my common law partner which i had no idea that i should have. will that affect our application for spousal sponsorship? will we get questioned why i didnt disclose it during my application?

i would really appreciate your replies.

you might ask why i didnt include him as my dependent at the first place...
it's because my uncle who sponsored me didnt want to. they told me that they can only accomodate one person in their home. i am trying my best luck her in canada for a better future and i was thinking that i can easily get him when i am already stable and can live on our own.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
reyvico said:
i came to winnipeg manitoba all by myself last january 2014 and after 4 months i returned to the philippines and got married to my long time partner. we had a simple civil wedding.. and our marrige certificate is under article 34 which states that we didnt require a marriage license since we were living together for 5 years. the problem is when i applied under mpnp, i didnt declare him as my common law partner which i had no idea that i should have. will that affect our application for spousal sponsorship? will we get questioned why i didnt disclose it during my application?

it's because my uncle who sponsored me didnt want to. they told me that they can only accomodate one person in their home. i am trying my best luck her in canada for a better future and i was thinking that i can easily get him when i am already stable and can live on our own.
Hi,
Unfortunately you will never be able to sponsor your partner since yiu didnt declare him/her even though you were common law. Never. That person will have to immigrate on their own.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jds07 said:
I'd like to add that I did not use a single paper clip or staple. Nor did I separate things into 3 folders, table of contents, etc etc. Everything was just stacked in accordance to the document checklist. This method was advised by my cousin, who is an IO in Vegreville. And my uncle, who is an IO in Los Angeles. I also received a letter by email from the IO handling my file thanking me for the ease of the layout. (It was included on my PP Request).

No need for over complicating things. Oh, I also glued my pictures (70 of them) to regular computer paper and wrote descriptions beside each. Which is perfectly fine.
Thank you for this, that is what I was planning on doing. I feel that if you have solid proof of your relationship there is no need to complcate things even more for the agents receiving the application.
Happy new year all :)

tonimv

Jun 15, 2014
Hi
I'm wondering how your application is progressing? It sounds like your application package was very thorough.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
reyvico said:

You can do spousal sponsorship. You are not required to disclose ur romantic relationships to cic when u apply for pr. You are not doing common law. Even in that case I doubt there is requirement to disclose.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
innosense said:
You can do spousal sponsorship. You are not required to disclose ur romantic relationships to cic when u apply for pr. You are not doing common law. Even in that case I doubt there is requirement to disclose.
Not disclosing a common law partner when applying for PR is misrepresentation. If she sponsors her now husband she risks not just being denied but also losing her own PR.

eminem_n_rihannah99

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Mississauga, Ontario, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA 25-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
31-10-2014
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPII!!!!
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOONN!!!
LANDED..........
SOON!
How tall was the sum of all the papers in your application?