Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we sent my husband's application on Jan 14/2015 rec'd Jan 15/5015.
Our application was about 4cm in height. We send about 20 photos in all, 10 of wedding ceremony , and 10 photos were taken off facebook since out relationship started in 2005. Did not send any proof of communication, we were living together in europe for the past 10 yrs, we met in 2004 gotmarried in 2012. I am a canadian citizen, felt no need to send more info than necessary since our relationship is legit and we have nothing to prove.
I would keep it simple people, just picture you being a immigration officer and opening someone's application which has over 1000 pages and weight over 10lbs, I would be irate.

eminem_n_rihannah99

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Mississauga, Ontario, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA 25-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
31-10-2014
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPII!!!!
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOONN!!!
LANDED..........
SOON!
chris1302 said:
we sent my husband's application on Jan 14/2015 rec'd Jan 15/5015.
Our application was about 4cm in height. We send about 20 photos in all, 10 of wedding ceremony , and 10 photos were taken off facebook since out relationship started in 2005. Did not send any proof of communication, we were living together in europe for the past 10 yrs, we met in 2004 gotmarried in 2012. I am a canadian citizen, felt no need to send more info than necessary since our relationship is legit and we have nothing to prove.
I would keep it simple people, just picture you being a immigration officer and opening someone's application which has over 1000 pages and weight over 10lbs, I would be irate.
That's one way to view it ;D in your case wouldn't they wonder what took so long to apply for pr?

Mine was 5 inches high and it was to prove a bonifide 3 year relationship. My consultant was going to take the keep it simple method but I did not agree. There are a few red flags in my application and I felt compelled to explain for all of them despite our legit relationship.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
eminem_n_rihannah99 said:
That's one way to view it ;D in your case wouldn't they wonder what took so long to apply for pr?

Mine was 5 inches high and it was to prove a bonifide 3 year relationship. My consultant was going to take the keep it simple method but I did not agree. There are a few red flags in my application and I felt compelled to explain for all of them despite our legit relationship.
There is no ideal time to apply for PR. There are so many reasons why people do not apply sooner, apply straight away, etc etc.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we didn't apply because we were living in europe, I have dual citizenship. I wated to come back to canada because the situation in europe where i was living is awful. That's why I feel that sometimes it's better to keep it simple, but we all have our own stories and how we approch this application process becuase it is so confusing at times, and we are all so worried that we're going to forget something along the way. I telling you, I was on this forum everyday ready and asking for advice.
Good luck all :)

Chrys Grant

Jan 23, 2015
Can you help and share the link of all the forms needed for applying spousal vis

Good day to everyone !!
I'm so frustrated and anxious seeking for help to anyone who loves to share and concern individual. I'm over a year being apart with my husband and we have newborn baby I would like to start our spousal application but I don't know how to start because it makes me all confuse how to start of everything and what are the exact forms needed to comply and submit and even the steps of applying spousal visa. I felt sad everytime I'm still here in philippines being apart for long time with my husband and my baby. Hope you guys help me thank you

GeekMahi

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I stapled my application pages. I am worried as I just saw the first post all with paper clips.

Thank You,
Mahi

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
Chrys Grant said:
Good day to everyone !!
I'm so frustrated and anxious seeking for help to anyone who loves to share and concern individual. I'm over a year being apart with my husband and we have newborn baby I would like to start our spousal application but I don't know how to start because it makes me all confuse how to start of everything and what are the exact forms needed to comply and submit and even the steps of applying spousal visa. I felt sad everytime I'm still here in philippines being apart for long time with my husband and my baby. Hope you guys help me thank you

kabayan,andito po sa checklist yung kailangan mo...forms and required docs from you and from your sponsor

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
GeekMahi said:
I stapled my application pages. I am worried as I just saw the first post all with paper clips.

Thank You,
Mahi
It states in the guide to NOT use staples. The agents will have to remove the staples from all of your documents to scan. Not sure how this affect the processing of your application.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Graihn said:
It states in the guide to NOT use staples. The agents will have to remove the staples from all of your documents to scan. Not sure how this affect the processing of your application.
Could you please direct me to the guide where it says not to use staples, I can't find it.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
vermas said:
Could you please direct me to the guide where it says not to use staples, I can't find it.
Open the guide on your computer, press Ctrl+F, search for staples. It was there a year ago, maybe they have removed it. Use paperclips instead.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Is it mandatory for the Sponsor to write "Relationship Essay" for Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540]?

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
Praying and hoping soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Praying and hoping soon...
Hi.. I became Canadian PR in Jan 2012, I lived in Canada for about 90 days & got my PR & SIN cards & then I went back to Dubai to look after my work & wind up my official & family affairs. Meanwhile during my annual leave to Philippines, of July 2012 I met my old classmate(whirl wind romance) and got married in August 2012 & now have almost 17 months old baby as well. Due to certain circumstances, I have delayed my return & planning to return permanently settle in Canada on March 2015.

I want to submit both spouse & child sponsorship immediately and I have a few questions that need to be clarified before filling out sponsorship documents. Any help is greatly appreciated:-

Form: Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481)
Question # 2 (A)

Your Current Situation, Give details of your current situation and indicate how to support yourself?
As i will just recently be back on March, I will be searching for the job which may take time or matured at any time, one can not predict. How should I describe current situation, if I am unemployed at the time of submitting my sponsorship application. Do I need to indicate thar I have earning from my previous employment in Dubai and as well my husband is currently employed to earn and as well as we have a joint account and personal properties to sell incase my husband my son will follow in Canada.can u attach a payslip or salary statement of my previous employment as a proof as well our joint bank certificate and land titles.

Question # 3

Your Net Personal Income, Your net personal income for the 12-month period preceding the date of your application

● In this context, what should I write in the said column? Shall i write my earning on my previous employment as well as the dates employed here in Dubai

Option-C printout
Make sure you include with your application the original option-C printout obtained from the CRA.

● As I remained outside Canada, I didnt file for tax and im planning to submit immediately once ill be back. the option C printout they said after filing ill recieve after in 1-2 weeks. Should I have to wait or I can submit explanation for No-Option C printout?

Additional Details
At the end of page 4 of IMM 5540

On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing.

● As a sponsor person, what type of additional details or evidence can be provided to prove our relationship is genuine & continuing?

Form: Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490)
Question # 16 (a & b)-Information About Marriage

Did your sponsor have to travel to your country for the marriage? (No/Yes)
i met him and married instantly when i had vacation in philippines..shall i answer yes? Or no?

Question # 24 & 25-Maintaining Contact

24. Has your sponsor visited you during the period of your relationship?

Question # 26 (a)-Maintaining Contact

How do you and your sponsor communicate when you are not together?

● We used to call each other on prepaid cell phone, so don't have any record, so what should we do in this situation?

Question # 27-Living Arrangements & Financial Support

Have you and your sponsor lived together? (No/Yes) Give dates of periods of cohabitation.

● We are living together since our marriage(not a cohabitation) in fr Nov 2012 till present. Need to answer this and enter this period?

For medical: is it mandatory that my baby will undergo medical too?

Sorry for the lengthy questions..Im hoping for your replies. Thank u

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
radfellow

If you are a PR, in order to sponsor your spouse and child, you must live in Canada when submitting the application.

Also do you realise that you may not be able to retain your own PR if you fail to meet the 2 year residency. You only have few weeks to re-enter Canada and stay here continuously for the next 2 years ( as your first 3 year is already up )

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=727&t=4

tobenai

Feb 18, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just printing out some emails as supporting document.

Some emails were more than 1 page long, can't I staple them? if I stack them all together, it can be confusing.
Should I highlight main points and date logs on emails? Some were forwarded, originally from brother-in-law,
or friends.