+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

arsenal-ozil

Aug 16, 2017
Got the Pre-arrival services letter today.
But status not changed and still "In Process"
What is next? As I submitted PFL before.
Should I consider this as approved. Tks~

Lin2186

Mar 28, 2018
Re: Outside of Canada sponsorship appeal

Hi all,
I have won the case of sponsorship appeal in December. I haven't received any emails notifications from Hong Kong office for 4 months,as I know I should be able to be contacted to updated some forms.

Is anyone know the waiting period normal? Is any way that I can contact them?
How to check the status online? I don't have file number.

Thanks,

Almostmove

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi arsenal-ozil,

I believe your status will changed to 'Decision Made' within 2 weeks, and receive your COPR within 1.5 months.
Good luck. ;)

arsenal-ozil

Aug 16, 2017
We just had our interview and failed.

Timeline:
April 12 Application Received
May 15 Medical Results Received
June 16 Submitted Schedule A
June 26 ECAS shows We started processing your application
July 13 "Great News! Your application for Permanent Residence has arrived in Hong Kong" e-mail received
Feb 7 Interview Convocation e-mail
March 14 Interview, documents returned, told us our intentions to immigrate to Canada are suspect

Want to warn people that the interview can just be a ruse. Our interviewer had no intention of listening to us. In the first 5 minutes she accused us about lying about being nervous, she complained that we sat too far apart, she sprung gotcha questions all over the place which my Chinese partner had a difficult time with because she was nervous, and then she kicked me out of the room. The whole interview was done in less than 15 minutes and she didn't want to look at any of the evidence we brought. Disappointed we wasted our time even going to it.
May I know what is the interview about and query for?

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Congratulation!
I also had the PFL submitted about 2 weeks ago (Also thanks to Almostmove for his advice).
Now waiting the reply.

May I ask how long do you receive the pre-arrival after submitting the PFL?

Reactions: Almostmove

arsenal-ozil

Aug 16, 2017
Congratulation!
I also had the PFL submitted about 2 weeks ago (Also thanks to Almostmove for his advice).
Now waiting the reply.

May I ask how long do you receive the pre-arrival after submitting the PFL?
I submitted PFL respond docs on Jan 31.
It changed to "we are review your submitted doc" on Mar 5.

Then received pre-arrival invitation email on Mar 28.

Still no change on GCKey or online tools today yet.

Reactions: ginsan

Homotope

Oct 11, 2017
May I know what is the interview about and query for?
Our application was refused because the common-law relationship "(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act".

So basically, they think that my partner is only with me because she wants to go to Canada, even though we have lived together for 4 years and are getting married. That is convenient, because it means we can never really re-apply and prove them wrong, they can always claim this without proof. Seems like if you are not rich and are from China, there is no chance for you.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Our application was refused because the common-law relationship "(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act".

So basically, they think that my partner is only with me because she wants to go to Canada, even though we have lived together for 4 years and are getting married. That is convenient, because it means we can never really re-apply and prove them wrong, they can always claim this without proof. Seems like if you are not rich and are from China, there is no chance for you.
What do you mean by NOT RICH AND FROM CHINA? there are cases from China were approved.