+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cloudleung91

Jan 26, 2018
Congratulations!! Thanks for posting your timeline! That took a long time but now that everything's approved, you can enjoy your new life in Canada :)
Thanks friend!! I was so excited to see the DM!! The process was so long that I almost forgot about it, but when I got the update I was almost about to scream...LOL

coolw2k

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hi HKvv,

Just wondering which moving company you ended up going with, and was the experience good? Did you move plenty of large furniture or just boxes and smaller furniture?

Thanks in advance!
Huey
I would prefer to find one with office present in Toronto, I guess most companies in HK are outsourced shipping service in Canada part.

melodyliaooo

Jul 7, 2017
Hello all,

First time posting under the Hong Kong VO forum as my husband has just found out this morning that our file has been transferred to the HK VO recently. Our ECAS has changed from "application received" to "in process" last Wednesday, and a new line of "we have started processing your application on January 29th 2018" 3 days ago. I had received an email from IRCC on December 11th, 2017 stating that our file will be processed Mississauga, and I thought we were nearing the end of our journey, but now it seems like there is going to be more waiting. Can anyone else share any similar experiences? What happens now? What is the trend lately? I understand everyone's case is different, but I would at least like to have a little hope at this point. Our application was received August 23, 2017. Thank you in advance.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello all,

First time posting under the Hong Kong VO forum as my husband has just found out this morning that our file has been transferred to the HK VO recently. Our ECAS has changed from "application received" to "in process" last Wednesday, and a new line of "we have started processing your application on January 29th 2018" 3 days ago. I had received an email from IRCC on December 11th, 2017 stating that our file will be processed Mississauga, and I thought we were nearing the end of our journey, but now it seems like there is going to be more waiting. Can anyone else share any similar experiences? What happens now? What is the trend lately? I understand everyone's case is different, but I would at least like to have a little hope at this point. Our application was received August 23, 2017. Thank you in advance.
To answer your concerns, there are few clarifications you need to provide:
1. Which nationality is the PA? And does the PA had legally lived in US for more than 12 consecutive months?
2. Is any potential issues that the PA may have, such as criminality records, worked for government as officer or served in military?
The transferring of your application to local VO could mean that a possible interview may require or a further assessment may deemed necessary or a PPR may on your way (CPC-Mississauga doesn't issue PPR, for all US applicants, they will transfer application to Ottawa to finalize the application, the rest will be transferred to their local VOs to finalize their applications)

And since your application has been kept at CPC-Mississauga this long and updated from "Application Received" to "In Process", I don't think an interview is likely, and usually they will transfer cases to local VO for further assessment before they updated your ECAS to "In Process", so my wild guess could be that your application transferred to HK VO for them to issue PPR.

So, just give it a few more days or even a week or two to see if your ECAS would update from "In Process" to "Decision Made". And meanwhile, just relax.

Last edited:

melodyliaooo

Jul 7, 2017
To answer your concerns, there are few clarifications you need to provide:
1. Which nationality is the PA? And does the PA had legally lived in US for more than 12 consecutive months?
2. Is any potential issues that the PA may have, such as criminality records, worked for government as officer or served in military?
The transferring of your application to local VO could mean that a possible interview may require or a further assessment may deemed necessary or a PPR may on your way (CPC-Mississauga doesn't issue PPR, for all US applicants, they will transfer application to Ottawa to finalize the application, the rest will be transferred to their local VOs to finalize their applications)

And since your application has been kept at CPC-Mississauga this long and updated from "Application Received" to "In Process", I don't think an interview is likely, and usually they will transfer cases to local VO for further assessment before they updated your ECAS to "In Process", so my wild guess could be that your application transferred to HK VO for them to issue PPR.

So, just give it a few more days or even a week or two to see if your ECAS would update from "In Process" to "Decision Made". And meanwhile, just be relax.
Thank you very much for your detailed response. To answer your question 1) My husband (PA) is from Mainland China and he has legally lived in the US for more than 12 consecutive months. 2) My husband did have a minor charge back in 2011 in the States, but has since been dismissed (equivalent to a Pardon in Canada). We have provided all supporting documents for this dismissal and have asked an immigration lawyer to represent us. I understand this could potentially delay us. I have used the automated phone service to keep track of our status and they have stated that "an interview is not required", and although our ECAS has updated to "we are started processing your application on XXX", the automated phone service still says "background check has not yet been started". I just hope everything goes smoothly from here, and that I will get DM soon!

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you very much for your detailed response. To answer your question 1) My husband (PA) is from Mainland China and he has legally lived in the US for more than 12 consecutive months. 2) My husband did have a minor charge back in 2011 in the States, but has since been dismissed (equivalent to a Pardon in Canada). We have provided all supporting documents for this dismissal and have asked an immigration lawyer to represent us. I understand this could potentially delay us. I have used the automated phone service to keep track of our status and they have stated that "an interview is not required", and although our ECAS has updated to "we are started processing your application on XXX", the automated phone service still says "background check has not yet been started". I just hope everything goes smoothly from here, and that I will get DM soon!
Well, I think the charge back (although dismissed) changes everything. Yes, most likely they transferred your application to HK VO to do a further assessment. I had read couple posts in CPC-Mississauga thread with the similar situation as yours, and their applications had been transferred to their local VO (LA VO), before the "In Process" update though. Anyway, the best scenario is that the transferring is for PPR, and the worst is for further assessment, which could delay your application. But it is really that you cannot do anything about it, except to cross your fingers and pray for the best results.

huey9

Aug 3, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-07-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
Well, I think the charge back (although dismissed) changes everything. Yes, most likely they transferred your application to HK VO to do a further assessment. I had read couple posts in CPC-Mississauga thread with the similar situation as yours, and their applications had been transferred to their local VO (LA VO), before the "In Process" update though. Anyway, the best scenario is that the transferring is for PPR, and the worst is for further assessment, which could delay your application. But it is really that you cannot do anything about it, except to cross your fingers and pray for the best results.
All China applicants are processed via the HKVO. You can see which office is responsible for which country on CIC's website. My understanding is that Mississauga office processes the sponsor part (and probably any pre-processing stuff) before passing it to the relevant VO (in this case, the HKVO). No idea if this is different for inland... I suppose not.

But it hasn't been that long since August, and the CIC does claim "within 12 months" for 80% of applicants... though it seems most cases are done way before this. Check the excel for timing. It can be a bit all over the place due to each case being different. But it will give you some idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G6YD6gA09UkJOsVY8NFqE27qjjvgsCWaY9_Txuvpnpk/edit#gid=1406942392

Hope this helps assuage your fears (or at the least help you plan)!

EDIT: If it's any comfort, my case was received in June, everything's clean and straightforward, but we are still waiting (bg check not started yet).

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Mind if I ask what number do you call to check the status (for automated phone service)? Since I think the number on CIC web is that someone at CIC will in person answer our questions about the application. Thanks.

I am a June applicant and BGC not yet started.

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hello all,

my case. app rec'd on Aug 15 and passed to HKVO on Nov 1, 2017 and received a request for the updated Sch A (from 18years old, while i sent in the last 10years initially on first submit) and the update IMM5406. I sent in the updated doc on Nov 10, since then nothing from HKVO. I have done the PPC, medical back in Sept. Now just a waiting game for BGC and DM. hope these come soon.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
All China applicants are processed via the HKVO. You can see which office is responsible for which country on CIC's website. My understanding is that Mississauga office processes the sponsor part (and probably any pre-processing stuff) before passing it to the relevant VO (in this case, the HKVO). No idea if this is different for inland... I suppose not.

But it hasn't been that long since August, and the CIC does claim "within 12 months" for 80% of applicants... though it seems most cases are done way before this. Check the excel for timing. It can be a bit all over the place due to each case being different. But it will give you some idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G6YD6gA09UkJOsVY8NFqE27qjjvgsCWaY9_Txuvpnpk/edit#gid=1406942392

EDIT: If it's any comfort, my case was received in June, everything's clean and straightforward, but we are still waiting (bg check not started yet).
Not really. If you legally lives in a Country for longer than 12 consecutive months, your application may transferred to the respectful country's VO at the discretion of CIC. For people is currently residing in US, and meet that 12 months requirement, their applications may well be seen as US application and be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga. And CPC-Mississauga also runs a pilot program to choose the straight forward cases that meet the OB570 criteria and keeps them at CPC-Mississauga to process.

melodyliaooo

Jul 7, 2017

Thank you for your reply! I will keep you all updated :) I am literally checking every 10 minutes or so on my ECAS lol

melodyliaooo

Jul 7, 2017
Mind if I ask what number do you call to check the status (for automated phone service)? Since I think the number on CIC web is that someone at CIC will in person answer our questions about the application. Thanks.

I am a June applicant and BGC not yet started.
If you call within Canada, it's 1-888-242-2100

Reactions: ginsan