+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help plzz

sagarthegame

Aug 11, 2009
Hey guys! I'm living in the Caribbean and last month I went to trinidad to apply for my Student Visa.. I had documents showing that my Uncle would be sponsoring my study in canada. However, the embassy gave me a letter stating that before they make a decision they require me to send a bank letter showing proof of funds for at least the first year in my/my parents name.
I did the needful and sent bank letters from:
1. My mothers bank a/c
2. My personal bank a/c
The totals of which can easily cover the 1st year.
I resent all the documents back to the embassy indicating my "file #". It has been 3 weeks now and I have yet to receive any reply from the HC. I inquired and they simply stated that it takes 2-5 weeks to process.
I am a bit impatient as I would like my visa asap.. since my school semester starts in sept. My question to you is:
"Do you think that the CHC would have any reason to reject my application?"
thank you..

hardeep_chandigarh

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Dont panic since you are not under SPP program so things will take time and you can do much about it. Even under SPP program CHC is taking more than 3 weeks to process the application.

So be cool everything will be alright

Regards,
Hardeep

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
sagarthegame said:
Hey guys! I'm living in the Caribbean and last month I went to trinidad to apply for my Student Visa.. I had documents showing that my Uncle would be sponsoring my study in canada. However, the embassy gave me a letter stating that before they make a decision they require me to send a bank letter showing proof of funds for at least the first year in my/my parents name.
I did the needful and sent bank letters from:
1. My mothers bank a/c
2. My personal bank a/c
The totals of which can easily cover the 1st year.
I resent all the documents back to the embassy indicating my "file #". It has been 3 weeks now and I have yet to receive any reply from the HC. I inquired and they simply stated that it takes 2-5 weeks to process.
I am a bit impatient as I would like my visa asap.. since my school semester starts in sept. My question to you is:
"Do you think that the CHC would have any reason to reject my application?"
thank you..

a student visa not under spp noramlly takes 30 to 90 days as i got reply from the embassy after 45 days so you must wait cz still u have left with enough time

kugaa

Apr 2, 2010
my real uncle (father's brother) is my sponsor...........me frm pakistan.....so i too expect to get the same reply from the embessy ?

sagarthegame

Aug 11, 2009
kugaa said:
my real uncle (father's brother) is my sponsor...........me frm pakistan.....so i too expect to get the same reply from the embessy ?
I am not sure. As far as I know they should not ask for extra funds when you have indicated that a relative is willing to sponsor you (affidavit) and that person has the sufficient funds. That being said, it all depends on the officers mood i suppose.
I simply received a letter stating that that visa has not been rejected but before they make the final decision they need to see atleast the 1st year's fee's (tuition and misc./living). I think you should have atleast the 1st year fees in an account just in case..

Update on my situation.. still waiting for visa... ( this sucks..)

grim

Apr 22, 2010
i applied for a student visa at the trinidad office and they gave me torture. my parents were supporting me as i was unemployed and they still wanted to know why the student loan wasn't in my name since i am an adult, they didnt want to issue the permit because the loan was in my parents name. I WAS SO PISSED I CALL THEM AND TOLD THEM TO KEEP THE STUDENT PERMIT AND RETURN MY DOCUMENTS ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!. SO I CANCELLED MY APPLICATION. When i visit canada i might try buffalo with my own savings this time. Dont worry tho every case is different.

grim

Apr 22, 2010
I am only 20, and they also wanted a letter from the bank explaning why the loan is not in my name ... Utter BS

sagarthegame

Aug 11, 2009
hey guys... *bad news* i got rejected :(
kinda depressed...

MY reason for rejection was that... i did not show sufficient funds and therefore i would not leave canada.

I do not understand as i showed 1 whole year of funds plus living expenses in my personal account.. which they asked for....

Should i apply in January.... i would most probably be able to show about 2 1/2 yr tuition and living expense fee's... would this be gd enough? also would it be a good idea to pay the university its tuition fee's in advance?

PLEASE help guys... feel really down right now :(

sagarthegame

Aug 11, 2009
thanks guys.. but would it help praying fee's in advance? and i will be showing more finances this time..
as that was my only reason for rejection...
what are my chances?

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
My sister got VISA...

Applied: 13th July
Medical: 6th August
Passport return: 12th August
Got Visa : 31st August

Thanks to God...!!! she refused last year due to unsufficient FUND and irrelevant program.....
But then we hire a good consultant and we did it....!!!!!!!!!! Yahooo

Best Regards,
Saima

imlost

Oct 8, 2010
samahmedpk2000 said:
My sister got VISA...

Applied: 13th July
Medical: 6th August
Passport return: 12th August
Got Visa : 31st August

Thanks to God...!!! she refused last year due to unsufficient FUND and irrelevant program.....
But then we hire a good consultant and we did it....!!!!!!!!!! Yahooo

Best Regards,
Saima

hello Saima,

if you don't mind, what was your sister's program of choice when she was refused? Is it the same as the one she got approved of?