+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me to find out this job offer is REAL or FAKE?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied to Sheraton hotels vacancy for housekeeping and they mailed me some questions for written interview so I answered them , today I got mail from them "i am selected" , and that same format Application letter they have sent me just some words difference
They says all they will provide me only I have to pay for Visa and it will be refundable, I don't no if it's true or fake can anyone please help me
Scam.

Reactions: Manish Solanki14

divya0106

Jan 23, 2021
Please dont get scammed.
1) Any company who asks to pay is a SCAM
2) There should have been a proper Interview process through Phone/Video call.
3) Their email address should have been @<companyname> not their personal address.
Anyone can create a gmail address and do all these for money.
They seek people, knowing they are desperate and vulnerable. No one hires people outside canada. Inside canada itself there is a huge shortage of opportunities, but no shortage of labour.
So you may get many such mails, more scammers are prevalent now. BEWARE!

Daz88

Feb 27, 2024
I received the same but the email is not. Gmail, it like original but it still doesn't add up as the person they claiming to be can not be found online plus email has no company logo, lots of spelling mistakes
employment@sheratonhotelquebec.cc. I've never had an email only interview so that just raises more flags.
Can anyone tell me if that email is legit?

divya0106

Jan 23, 2021
It is fake. Many people agree getting mails from big hotels claiming to hire for housekeeping, receptionist roles.
Ignore....

suseal22

May 15, 2024
I received the email from hr@sheratonhotelquebec.cc.

Sheraton Hotel Canada

We are please to inform you that you have been shortlisted for a interview at Sheraton Hotel Canada

Please provide answers to this asynchronous online interview.

Can you provide an overview of your experience as a Bartender in the hospitality industry?
What do you believe are the key responsibilities of a Bartender in a bar or restaurant setting?
Can you describe your knowledge and expertise in mixing and serving a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages?
How do you ensure excellent customer service at the bar, including greeting guests, taking orders, and providing recommendations based on their preferences?
Can you share an example of a time when you had to handle a difficult or intoxicated customer, and how you effectively managed the situation while maintaining a positive and safe environment?
How do you handle high-volume situations, such as busy nights or special events, while maintaining efficiency and delivering drinks in a timely manner?
Can you discuss your knowledge of different types of spirits, beers, wines, and cocktails, as well as your ability to create signature drinks or customize drinks based on guest preferences?
How do you ensure compliance with liquor laws and regulations, including checking identification, monitoring alcohol consumption, and handling any issues related to over-service or underage drinking?
Can you describe your experience with bar inventory management, including monitoring stock levels, minimizing waste, and optimizing ingredient utilization?
How do you maintain a clean and organized bar area, including proper handling and storage of glassware, utensils, and bar equipment?

Note: We would have loved to conduct this interview with you on the phone, Skype but considering the number of applicants we have to contact and the time involved in doing it, we have decided to interview you by email, you are advised to patiently follow our recruiting process as we proceed.

Sincerely
Sheraton Hotel Canada Recruiting Team

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I received the email from hr@sheratonhotelquebec.cc.

Sheraton Hotel Canada

We are please to inform you that you have been shortlisted for a interview at Sheraton Hotel Canada

Please provide answers to this asynchronous online interview.

Can you provide an overview of your experience as a Bartender in the hospitality industry?
What do you believe are the key responsibilities of a Bartender in a bar or restaurant setting?
Can you describe your knowledge and expertise in mixing and serving a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages?
How do you ensure excellent customer service at the bar, including greeting guests, taking orders, and providing recommendations based on their preferences?
Can you share an example of a time when you had to handle a difficult or intoxicated customer, and how you effectively managed the situation while maintaining a positive and safe environment?
How do you handle high-volume situations, such as busy nights or special events, while maintaining efficiency and delivering drinks in a timely manner?
Can you discuss your knowledge of different types of spirits, beers, wines, and cocktails, as well as your ability to create signature drinks or customize drinks based on guest preferences?
How do you ensure compliance with liquor laws and regulations, including checking identification, monitoring alcohol consumption, and handling any issues related to over-service or underage drinking?
Can you describe your experience with bar inventory management, including monitoring stock levels, minimizing waste, and optimizing ingredient utilization?
How do you maintain a clean and organized bar area, including proper handling and storage of glassware, utensils, and bar equipment?

Note: We would have loved to conduct this interview with you on the phone, Skype but considering the number of applicants we have to contact and the time involved in doing it, we have decided to interview you by email, you are advised to patiently follow our recruiting process as we proceed.

Sincerely
Sheraton Hotel Canada Recruiting Team
Fake