+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for getting letter of drivers's license athentication from INDIA

Nov 21, 2014
Hi All

I have recently landed in Toronto and planning to apply for a Canadian DL. I would require the DL extract from India as my name on the original Indian driving license is not fully mentioned in the smart card.

Could somebody please send the scanned copy of the DL extract to email Id - ramesh.rn018@gmail.com.

Nirmal13

Feb 5, 2013
Hi,

I am Nirmal. I live in Toronto. I wanted to get the letter from Chennai RTO. Can you please send it to my email- npremnath1@hotmail.com

ACCHUGH

Jun 28, 2014
hi all,

similar request....need a format for the driving experience letter... will be thankful if some can send the soft copy on amitchugh99@live.in

many thanks
regards
amit chugh

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-36NHq78tYRA/VHo2jU1G8nI/AAAAAAAAL5s/KQhwCSf8nHk/s1600/Authenticity%2BLetter.jpg

Get a ‘Letter of Authentication’ from the country’s Roads & Transport Authority, explaining our driving license status in their letterhead. The letter should contain your name, fathers name, DOB , Address, date of issue , date of expiry, license number and can include something of no traffic violation ( not must) as per record. All names in the driving license and the above letter should exactly matching with the passport.
A format of the letter is below.

LETTER HEAD , LOGO OF AUTHORITY, REF NO, DATED, TELEPHONE NUMBER

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

SUBJECT: Authentication of licensed driving experience

It is certified that the driving license n0________________________ was issued by ____________ on _________ in the Name of ___________ s/o__________ r/o________, DOB _____________. This license is valid throughout _______( country/ state/ province) with full driving privileges for driving Motorcycle/ scooter/ car and jeep only. This license is valid up to______. As for record in this office, there is no traffic offense against this driving license.

DATED LICENSING AUTHORITY

bobbyleon

Nov 24, 2014
Hello Supporters,

Greetings to All !

Can you please also mail me the scan copy to get one from RTO ? My email id is - bobby1682@gmail.com

Driving Experience Letter or Authentication letter.

BR
Bobby Leon

Shashank_3110

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE: 26 May, 2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
24-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hi Guys,

I am landing in Toronto next month and trying to obtain a DL Extract from Bareilly in UP. Though they have agreed to stamp the necessary letter, they say they do not have a letterhead at all. Going by the messages in this thread, I think such a letter will be useless. Any suggestions?

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hi All

I am planning to settle in BC. Does this letter of driver license authentication from india is valid in British Columbia and will help in waiving off the wait period for getting the Full license.

hitrem

Sep 6, 2015
Hi all,

Thanks much for the guidance on obtaining Driving experience letter from RTO before traveling to Canada.

Anyone took such a letter from Bangalore? When I inquired here, RTO clearly says that they don't issue any letter in any letter head.

If anyone had already taken it from Bangalore, would you share the letter scan copy to my email id remzrk@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance!

aric

May 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

I live In Waterloo. I have got my Indian driving licence authenticated from the Indian high commission in Toronto. They just attested the affidavit. When asked, they said that would suffice for the driving test here in Ontario.
Am I missing something here?

Thank,
Ari

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
IELTS Request
~
Med's Request
~
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
aric said:
Hi Guys,

I live In Waterloo. I have got my Indian driving licence authenticated from the Indian high commission in Toronto. They just attested the affidavit. When asked, they said that would suffice for the driving test here in Ontario.
Am I missing something here?

Thank,
Ari
Hi Ari,

Was your dl authentication done by high commission sufficient for the Driving License test in Ontario?

All,

Is the DL extract provided by Indian RTO accepted in Ontario? Because the DL extract is not given in a Letterhead and I read somewhere a letter head is required.

Thanks,
Ice

aric

May 18, 2016
Yes it was sufficient! They accepted my experience and I have been advised to take G test straight way.

Cheers,
Ari