+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for getting letter of drivers's license athentication from INDIA

doddi

Jan 19, 2013
Hi All,

I am here in Ontario. I have to apply for ontatio driving license and came to know if the foriegner has a driving expericence in their country then they can get a straight G2 license after under going the tests. To get this there is a clause to get the experience letter from the body which issued the driver's license.

In this regards i asked my buddy in India to get me the experience letter from RTO. But shockingly RTO said they don't issue such letters. I went through a lot of topics in this forum which suggests that many have got experience letter from their respective RTO offices.

In order to ask RTO again i need a proof of sample letter. Please reply to this message, if anybody has recently got experience letter from India (if specific from bangalore) or has any alternate solution.

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doddi said:
Hi All,

I am here in Ontario. I have to apply for ontatio driving license and came to know if the foriegner has a driving expericence in their country then they can get a straight G2 license after under going the tests. To get this there is a clause to get the experience letter from the body which issued the driver's license.

In this regards i asked my buddy in India to get me the experience letter from RTO. But shockingly RTO said they don't issue such letters. I went through a lot of topics in this forum which suggests that many have got experience letter from their respective RTO offices.

In order to ask RTO again i need a proof of sample letter. Please reply to this message, if anybody has recently got experience letter from India (if specific from bangalore) or has any alternate solution.
this link will be very helpful for u :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t53354.0.html

by explorer 101 ,the great

Authentication letter without letter head of the authority issuing it, is not entertained in drive test location in Toronto/ Bramption. Visit MTO and they will also send you back. I can say all this because it happened with me. I had to stand in que 2 times for 2 hours and was sent back. They just dont agree to take it. Rubber stamp at bottom means nothing for them. So then I called my family back home and they got it on letter head. All this took 2 months.

The letter should contain your name, fathers name, DOB , Address, date of issue , date of expiry, licence number and can include something of no traffic violation ( not must) as per record. Now dont forget that here in Ontario they check Drivers Linence with Passport details, if their is variation in spellings of name they will not take it, similarily on DL last name is different from passport they will not take. Short names - they dont take. Name should be exactly matching with the passport.

I am sending my authentication letter as sample :

LETTER HEAD , LOGO OF AUTHORITY, REF NO, DATED, TELEPHONE NUMBER

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

SUBJECT; Authentication of licensed driving experience

It is certified that the driving licence n0________________________ was issued by ____________ on _________ in the Nane of ___________ s/o__________- r/o________, DOB _____________. This license is valid throuought _______( country/ state/ province) with full driving privileges for driving Motorcycle/ scooter/ car and jeep only. This license is valid upto______. As for record in this office, there is no traffic offence against this driving license.

DATED LICENSING AUTHORITY

edwin_joshy

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-APRIL-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted
AOR Received.
11-MAY-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
18-AUG-2011
Med's Request
23-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
31-DEC-2012 New born MR 08-MAR-2013
Interview........
21-JUNE-2012
Passport Req..
Medical results have been received on 29-JAN- 13
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2012
LANDED..........
00-00-2012
doddi said:
Hi All,

Hi You engage an authorised person and apply for driving licence particulars it will give all that you need

Edwin

doddi

Jan 19, 2013
Hi Karwa Sach, Thanks for the reply. Well the format won't help I need a sample letter to show as proof.

Hi Edwin, Are you suggesting to engage some agents to get the letter or is it different. My buddy has tried that as well but agents say the same words. If you or any one in your contacts has got the letter please could you send the letter. It will be helpful.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi doddi,

You are not the first person to have faced such problem.....some RTOs issue the letter some dont. Which part of India do you belong to? So you need a paper proof of RTO letter sample. I would suggest you to contact Bhaktiujjawal of this forum and you might get what you want.

Mitali

Reactions: Ashrafinejamoddin

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
doddi said:
Hi All,

Hi Doddi,

RTOs not only have different formats for this letter as some friends have mentioned, but they also call it different names, at least that's my observation. At some RTOs they call it "Driving Experience Letter", at some others they call it "Driver's Abstract", etc etc. So depending on what you called it and what your RTO understood it as, can also make a difference.

I can send a scanned copy of one such letter to your email id. Please note though, that every RTO has different formats and yours might not be exactly the same as the one I send. One more forum friend has faced the exact same issue as yours but he is no longer active here. I will ask him how he managed to get it ultimately and let you know. But for that, as Mitali has asked, it will be helpful if you can say which RTO you belong to. Also give me your email id.

Oh and lastly, one clarification. If you have this letter, you can take the G test directly i.e. you can skip G2 if you want. Or another flexibility it can offer (if you do not want to go for G directly) is that you can take the G2 without any wait period after your G1.

Best,

BhaktiUjjwal

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
doddi said:
Hi Mitali,

Thanks for the reply and providing a pointer.

Hi BhaktiUjjwal,

I have to get the driver's experience letter from Tumkur, karnataka which is near to bangalore. So you can consider it as from karnataka. I agree that there will be differnce in letters issued by RTO depending on the region. But at least letter can be showed to them to make RTO reailze that they issue such letters.

I didn't knew that with this letter I can take test for G level directly. Thanks for letting me know that.

It will very much helpful if you can send me the sample letter. My emailid is da.suhas @ gmail.com.

Suhas
Emailed it to you. Please check. It should be something close to that. Good luck!

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
And additionally, I missed out on this - You get only once chance to attempt G with this certificate. If you fail that, you go back to G2. The advantage with the letter is that you have no wait periods at all, neither for G2 nor for G.

Kugzi

Jul 9, 2013
Hi,

I landed in Toronto 3 months back and now i realized that i need a authentication letter from Indian RTO, can someone please send me the scanned copy of the letter so that i can get one from my RTO.

alokjain9

Oct 25, 2012
I am also in Toronto, and need the authentication letter.
Can someone please send me the scanned copy of the letter so that I can get one from my RTO.

jigsgr8

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Ahmedabad, GJ, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
alokjain9 said:
Hi
Can you please send me scanned copy of letter, so that I can request the same from my RTO.

Thanks
Hi
Can you please send me scanned copy of letter, so that I can request the same from my RTO. or share the link on file sharing website plz... plz plz plz...
Thanks

vishal21

Oct 12, 2013
BhaktiUjjwal said:
Emailed it to you. Please check. It should be something close to that. Good luck!
hello Guys, could you also please email me copy of such document to vishaljoshi837@gmail.com and how much time it takes to issue this letter?

ciple

Feb 9, 2014
Hi Bhakti Ujjawal,

Can you send me a copy of your expereince letter from India RTO. I am trying to get one and this letter will be helpful

email - ashish.singhal2007@gmail.com

Thanks
Ashish