+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for getting letter of drivers's license athentication from INDIA

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
aric said:
Yes it was sufficient! They accepted my experience and I have been advised to take G test straight way.

Cheers,
Ari
Hi Ari,

Can you please let me know what affidavit did you submit to the Indian high commission at toronto for your DL, do they have a specific format or the affidavit and where is it available

thanks

manchandapulkit

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Hi Aric,

facing same issue.
The drive test centre advise me to get letter from consulate general or from RTO in India, to add experience and be eligible for G test straight away.

So i looked the website of the consulate general, they just attest the sworn affidavit. http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/india-motor-driving-licence

Did you also take this and the drive test centre accepted it??

Please reply soon.

thnx
pulkit

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
BhaktiUjjwal said:
Hi Doddi,

RTOs not only have different formats for this letter as some friends have mentioned, but they also call it different names, at least that's my observation. At some RTOs they call it "Driving Experience Letter", at some others they call it "Driver's Abstract", etc etc. So depending on what you called it and what your RTO understood it as, can also make a difference.

I can send a scanned copy of one such letter to your email id. Please note though, that every RTO has different formats and yours might not be exactly the same as the one I send. One more forum friend has faced the exact same issue as yours but he is no longer active here. I will ask him how he managed to get it ultimately and let you know. But for that, as Mitali has asked, it will be helpful if you can say which RTO you belong to. Also give me your email id.

Oh and lastly, one clarification. If you have this letter, you can take the G test directly i.e. you can skip G2 if you want. Or another flexibility it can offer (if you do not want to go for G directly) is that you can take the G2 without any wait period after your G1.

Best,

BhaktiUjjwal
Please send me the format @ bshailesh3@gmail.com

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hi

Can you send me a copy of your expereince letter from India RTO. I will try to get one and this letter will be helpful.
bshailesh3@gmail.com

Thanks
SHAILESH

YogitaDR

Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
10-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015,TLU:02-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-07-2015,DM: 17-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2016
Hi,

Can you please share the scanned copy of your Driving Experience Letter/Driver's Abstract which I can use as a sample to the following email id?
dibakar.roy54@yahoo.co.in

Thanks & regards,
YogitaDR

rubeanesam

Oct 3, 2016
BhaktiUjjwal said:
Hi Doddi,

RTOs not only have different formats for this letter as some friends have mentioned, but they also call it different names, at least that's my observation. At some RTOs they call it "Driving Experience Letter", at some others they call it "Driver's Abstract", etc etc. So depending on what you called it and what your RTO understood it as, can also make a difference.

I can send a scanned copy of one such letter to your email id. Please note though, that every RTO has different formats and yours might not be exactly the same as the one I send. One more forum friend has faced the exact same issue as yours but he is no longer active here. I will ask him how he managed to get it ultimately and let you know. But for that, as Mitali has asked, it will be helpful if you can say which RTO you belong to. Also give me your email id.

Oh and lastly, one clarification. If you have this letter, you can take the G test directly i.e. you can skip G2 if you want. Or another flexibility it can offer (if you do not want to go for G directly) is that you can take the G2 without any wait period after your G1.

Best,

BhaktiUjjwal
Dear sir ,
I am facing the same problem too . The RTO over here (kochi) does not know about this thing called Experience certificate neither does he have an idea regarding its format . It would be a great help if you could mail me its format or even better send a scanned copy if you have one . If anyone has this information kindly mail me ,please , its an emergency .

Regards,
Rubean
details provided in profile .

ck10

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 19-02-2015
AOR Received.
WVO on 25-03-2015: SLU 27-04-2015
File Transfer...
AOR from WVO on 25th March 2015 SLU 27th April 2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016 TLU on 17-09-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
It's called DL Extract.

Most of RTO knows about DL Extract.

Write a application on plain paper that you need DL extract for canada and they will issue.

I just got. Recently from Mumbai

SoamiDas

Dec 24, 2016
Dear sir ,
I am facing the same problem too . The RTO over here does not know about this thing called Experience certificate neither does he have an idea regarding its format . It would be a great help if you could mail me its format or even better send a scanned copy if you have one . If anyone has this information kindly mail me at maliksd@gmail.com ,please , its an emergency .

Regards,
Soami

aditi11parakh

Feb 22, 2017
Hi Bhaktiujjawal

My email id is aditi11parakh@gmail.com

Can you please mail me a copy of the Drivers License verification letter. I need to get one for my friend.

Thanks
Aditi

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
OK Guys, need some help here.. I'm Indian with Indian DL ( No Driving History in India) and I also have USA DL valid till 3/3/2017 with a good Driving History.
I'll most likely move to Canada in April 2017 (if ICT is approved), I want to understand what is the best way to get a Canada DL using Indian DL..

Kindly provide suggestions,

1.Get a IDP in India ?
2.Get drivers's license athentication from India ?
3.Get DL Extract ? (might not be possible since I never owned a vechile in India)

xpress123

Mar 31, 2017
Hi Bhaktiujjawal

My email id is xpress123@gmail.com

Can you please mail me a copy of the Drivers License verification letter

Thanks!!